Geno lost his playbook last year and didn’t tell anyone

Philc1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

But, but, but.......we heard that the Jets ruined Geno and that he would thrive on another team with better coaches, and a better surrounding cast.   

Wait so Geno went to the Giants a worse off organization than ours where Eli is failing and you use that as an example.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait so Geno went to the Giants a worse off organization than ours where Eli is failing and you use that as an example.

No one on the planet thought the Giants were a worse off organization than the Jets when Geno was jettisoned from here to a team coming off an 11-5 season.  The point is that we we were told by the fanboys that it was the JETS that ruined him and that he would rise to his natural pedigree and talents elsewhere just like all the Sanchez fanboys said about Marky Mark.  I'll just spell it out for those who still don't get it - Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez were not good QB's and Geno Smith is just a big ol' dummy on and off the field.  

4 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

No one on the planet thought the Giants were a worse off organization than the Jets when Geno was jettisoned from here to a team coming off an 11-5 season.  The point is that we we were told by the fanboys that it was the JETS that ruined him and that he would rise to his natural pedigree and talents elsewhere just like all the Sanchez fanboys said about Marky Mark.  I'll just spell it out for those who still don't get it - Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez were not good QB's and Geno Smith is just a big ol' dummy on and off the field.  

Did anyone actually make that claim? I certainly don't remember it that way.

23 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Geno is a clown.  Guy comes from the hood in Miami and he still manages to have a sense of entitlement

Geno Smith was born in Lakemont, Georgia,  He was deemed a "gifted" student and artist since middle school, he turned down numerous fine arts magnet schools to attend a magnet schools with sports programs both in middle school and high school.  He was #2 in the running for Mr. Florida Football and received offers from about a dozen power 5 schools.  He got a full ride to WVU, broke numerous records, stayed till his senior year and graduated with a degree in English and was drafted into the NFL in the 2nd round and started the entire season as a rookie and is still employed by the NFL. 

But damn those hoods rats and their opinions.  They need to stay in the hood!  amirite or amirite?!?!?!?!

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Plenty of folks said that around here. Even more were big defenders of Sanchez. None of this amounts to a hill of beans now because after watching 6+ years of those bums, we finally have a legit, young QB to root for.    

39 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

So because Geno essentially bashed awful Eli Banks goes after him?

Geno seems to think burning bridges is a good idea. He potentially could  have  a low stress career as backup yet somehow still can’t manage to get out of his own way. 

59 minutes ago, JiF said:

Geno Smith was born in Lakemont, Georgia,  He was deemed a "gifted" student and artist since middle school, he turned down numerous fine arts magnet schools to attend a magnet schools with sports programs both in middle school and high school.  He was #2 in the running for Mr. Florida Football and received offers from about a dozen power 5 schools.  He got a full ride to WVU, broke numerous records, stayed till his senior year and graduated with a degree in English and was drafted into the NFL in the 2nd round and started the entire season as a rookie and is still employed by the NFL. 

But damn those hoods rats and their opinions.  They need to stay in the hood!  amirite or amirite?!?!?!?!

You vastly misinterpret what I wrote.  I've lived in Miami and knew the area Geno went to high school quite well.  Not the best of areas is all I was saying.  This guy isn't Johnny Manziel who came from wealth, but he still acts like it. 

In Geno I see a massive sense of entitlement, like a starting NFL qb gig is deserved to him.  He has some ability but has shown zero willingness to commit to getting better since he was drafted.   Who the **** loses their playbook and is too cowardly to own up to it?

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

It was probably that entitlement that got him out of the hood in Miami. 

It was the ability to pick apart 3rd rate zone defenses that gave him success in high school and college.   Unfortunately in the NFL defenses are a little better and players have to work at it.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

Revisionist history is a big thing on JN. 

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

You vastly misinterpret what I wrote.  I've lived in Miami and knew the area Geno went to high school quite well.  Not the best of areas is all I was saying.  This guy isn't Johnny Manziel who came from wealth, but he still acts like it. 

In Geno I see a massive sense of entitlement, like a starting NFL qb gig is deserved to him.  He has some ability but has shown zero willingness to commit to getting better since he was drafted.   Who the **** loses their playbook and is too cowardly to own up to it?

If you want to call him lazy and entitled, cool. No argument here.  He’s proved that for sure.  Just not sure why you’re trying justify the behavior with his socioeconomic status.  Like it would be acceptable if he didn’t come from “not the best areas”. 

I know Miramar well.  It’s 75% black/Hispanic but Miramar High School is a magnet school with a very competitive sports program.  He’s been told he’s special since middle school because he is.  Most kids that are treated that way at a young age become entitled, it’s rare when they don’t unfortunately.  I guess in your world that’s acceptable if you come from a nice neighborhood and money?  Like, he should be humble and thankful because he’s from the hood but these rich kids can be total dbags and it’s cool because look how much money their parents make!  

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

But, but, but.......we heard that the Jets ruined Geno and that he would thrive on another team with better coaches, and a better surrounding cast.   

Thank you!!

And yet folks still passive aggressively defend Geno. 

Is it possible that Banks is silly and Geno Smith isn’t right for prime time?

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

It was the ability to pick apart 3rd rate zone defenses that gave him success in high school and college.   Unfortunately in the NFL defenses are a little better and players have to work at it.

Which again, was probably due to that entitlement. 

He may not be as great on the Professional level, but his critics are probably not as accomplished with their dreams as he's been with his. 

Not bad for a kid coming out of the hood in Miami. And even if he's not a great pro, he's 1 of just 1,696 NFL-level football players, which makes him overwhelmingly better than most. 

He was smart enough and had enough entitlement to expect more for himself. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

He looks artistic. Sorta like Sam does. @Pac

Archived