Geno lost his playbook last year and didn’t tell anyone

Philc1

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

I guess in your world that’s acceptable if you come from a nice neighborhood and money?  Like, he should be humble and thankful because he’s from the hood but these rich kids can be total dbags and it’s cool because look how much money their parents make!  

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said it was acceptable, it's just more understandable from a standpoint of incentives for someone like Manziel whose family is worth many millions to show a sense of entitlement and little drive to improve than it is for Geno, who seemed to have a working class upbringing and you'd figure is hungry to achieve so he and his family can be set for life financially.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Did anyone actually make that claim? I certainly don't remember it that way.

Yea the jets ruining sanchez and to a lesser extent geno has been a popular narrative round here. Meanwhile these two guys in their prime never went on to anything better.

its fair game

15 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

No one on the planet thought the Giants were a worse off organization than the Jets when Geno was jettisoned from here to a team coming off an 11-5 season.  The point is that we we were told by the fanboys that it was the JETS that ruined him and that he would rise to his natural pedigree and talents elsewhere just like all the Sanchez fanboys said about Marky Mark.  I'll just spell it out for those who still don't get it - Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez were not good QB's and Geno Smith is just a big ol' dummy on and off the field.  

Im curious if you can find a couple of posts that suggest what you’re stating.  Some people said Geno had no talent around him, so it was tough to gauge what he could accomplish with that supporting cast.  Interestingly, many of the people strongly opposed to this notion were the people who claimed that exact supporting cast ruined Mark Sanchez.  Geno is a bad QB, I don’t think anyone would argue otherwise, but the Jets did absolutely nothing to help him succeed.  That’s also a fact.

14 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

You vastly misinterpret what I wrote.  I've lived in Miami and knew the area Geno went to high school quite well.  Not the best of areas is all I was saying.  This guy isn't Johnny Manziel who came from wealth, but he still acts like it. 

In Geno I see a massive sense of entitlement, like a starting NFL qb gig is deserved to him.  He has some ability but has shown zero willingness to commit to getting better since he was drafted.   Who the **** loses their playbook and is too cowardly to own up to it?

Johnny Manziel has 3 arrests for disorderly conduct prior to starting at Texas A&M, multiple drug issues and treatments, multiple domestic violence incidents including threatening to kill a girlfriend and himself, suspension for the substance abuse policy, fired by his own agent, threw a water bottle at a fan, and a short stint in the CFL.

Now, tell me more about how him and Manziel are alike.

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly.

Banks is a turd years back at Jets camp when he was a Jets coach he refused to sign autographs for children. 

That’s interesting because he signed an autograph for me on the beach once, and my father once while he was walking around Woodbridge mall shopping. 

The main problem with Geno is that he has no pocket awareness.  In his start against the Raiders last year he would have lead the Giants to a win but he fumbled deep in Raider territory because he couldn't sense the pressure.  Even in his last start with the Jets he got injured because he simply didn't throw the ball away because he didn't feel the pocket collapse. 

That is really his biggest issue.

13 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said it was acceptable, it's just more understandable from a standpoint of incentives for someone like Manziel whose family is worth many millions to show a sense of entitlement and little drive to improve than it is for Geno, who seemed to have a working class upbringing and you'd figure is hungry to achieve so he and his family can be set for life financially.

And yet he has still accomplished more than you ever will.

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

That’s interesting because he signed an autograph for me on the beach once, and my father once while he was walking around Woodbridge mall shopping. 

Nothing like fans who think athletes have to sit around and sign autographs until every one is done without a clue what that person has in the way of commitments.  I've seen Tiger sign autographs and when he left, saying he has to go, fans who didn't get one complain that he refuses to sign.  

Best part is JW badmouths the guy and has yelled at Banks over it.  

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nothing like fans who think athletes have to sit around and sign autographs until every one is done without a clue what that person has in the way of commitments.  I've seen Tiger sign autographs and when he left, saying he has to go, fans who didn't get one complain that he refuses to sign.  

Best part is JW badmouths the guy and has yelled at Banks over it.  

Dude/dudette Jets camp years ago at Hofstra kids getting autographs from players and other coaches Carl Banks refused to sign for a small group of kids ages 5-12 with parents. 

After he refused one of the fathers told him he was nothing without LT anyway and will always be a Giant I agreed.

Carl Banks is a turd he is the worst announcer/commentator on TV when it comes to football games. 

Let me guess you support him by buying his G-III clothing line similar to Members Only stuff. 

16 hours ago, JiF said:

If you want to call him lazy and entitled, cool. No argument here.  He’s proved that for sure.  Just not sure why you’re trying justify the behavior with his socioeconomic status.  Like it would be acceptable if he didn’t come from “not the best areas”. 

I know Miramar well.  It’s 75% black/Hispanic but Miramar High School is a magnet school with a very competitive sports program.  He’s been told he’s special since middle school because he is.  Most kids that are treated that way at a young age become entitled, it’s rare when they don’t unfortunately.  I guess in your world that’s acceptable if you come from a nice neighborhood and money?  Like, he should be humble and thankful because he’s from the hood but these rich kids can be total dbags and it’s cool because look how much money their parents make!  

+1

Granted this is from wikipedia but I'm not spending time researching beyond that:

• As a junior, he passed for 2,200 yards 25 touchdowns and three interceptions and was named Second Team All-State QB. He was also named Second Team All-Broward County as an athlete for 2007.[5] Following his junior year he was invited to the prestigious Elite 11 Quarterback Camp in Aliso Viejo, California.  
  • During Smith's senior season, he led his team to the state 6A semi-finals and completed 205 of 338 passes for 3,089 yards and 30 touchdowns while also rushing for over 300 yards. He was an All-State First Team in Florida Class 6A and a Parade All-American. He was also the No. 1 rated player in Broward County according to the Miami Herald and South Florida Sun Sentinel and finished No. 2 in the voting for Mr. Florida. He finished his career as the third-best passer in Broward County history, and was named to the ESPN Top 150 prospects list (ESPN's #8 HS QB prospect in the nation). 

You take a HS kid with this going for him, and I'll contend whether or not he ends up acting like an entitled douchebag has little to do with how much or how little money his parents make. You could even make the opposite claim, like a kid born well-off might better know how to handle having a bright future because it happens all around him. Either way it matters not, until someone shows me an unbiased unanimity of studies proving a causal income-to-douchebag correlation. 

Like it's far-fetched for someone - a teenager no less - with this going for him, on top of the hero-worship (and not insignificantly, the female attention) that even a crappy HS QB can get, to arrogantly act like he's the only kid in the school who'll make millions before age 25 without becoming a felon. Statistically there's a good chance he'll even be right, even if the failure to mature from this arrogant, entitled, douchebag personality could contribute to future failure, or in certain settings, a broken jaw or worse. 

Still kind of funny that he lost his freaking playbook the year after we let him go. Way to show you've matured and started acting more responsibly, Geno. Lol.

18 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Geno is a clown.  Guy comes from the hood in Miami and he still manages to have a sense of entitlement

Actually he grew up in Miramar which is way better then the hood in Miami.  But back onto losing the playbook what an idiot. I mean people were defending him and blaming the staff and everyone else for his failures. When does he own it up to himself he is his own worst enemy

17 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

You vastly misinterpret what I wrote.  I've lived in Miami and knew the area Geno went to high school quite well.  Not the best of areas is all I was saying.  This guy isn't Johnny Manziel who came from wealth, but he still acts like it. 

In Geno I see a massive sense of entitlement, like a starting NFL qb gig is deserved to him.  He has some ability but has shown zero willingness to commit to getting better since he was drafted.   Who the **** loses their playbook and is too cowardly to own up to it?

I grew up in Broward (Margate/Pompano) in the 80s  and also know the area. It is not a bad 'Hood' you could call middle class, with a  mix population last census has it 41% white with the rest being a mix of Spanish and African american. I agree with you you think with his attitude he was from Coral Springs, Weston or Coral Gables

20 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

No one on the planet thought the Giants were a worse off organization than the Jets when Geno was jettisoned from here to a team coming off an 11-5 season.  The point is that we we were told by the fanboys that it was the JETS that ruined him and that he would rise to his natural pedigree and talents elsewhere just like all the Sanchez fanboys said about Marky Mark.  I'll just spell it out for those who still don't get it - Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez were not good QB's and Geno Smith is just a big ol' dummy on and off the field.   

20 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Did anyone actually make that claim? I certainly don't remember it that way.

Pac. 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude/dudette Jets camp years ago at Hofstra kids getting autographs from players and other coaches Carl Banks refused to sign for a small group of kids ages 5-12 with parents. 

After he refused one of the fathers told him he was nothing without LT anyway and will always be a Giant I agreed.

Carl Banks is a turd he is the worst announcer/commentator on TV when it comes to football games. 

Let me guess you support him by buying his G-III clothing line similar to Members Only stuff. 

Like I said, you have no idea of he had a commitment somewhere else. One time you saw him and know all about him.  Enough to make a fooll out of your self by telling the man off for not signing.  I've seen it work lots of athletes who do sign.  Things come up. 

What he is as a commentator is relevant on what level? Or that he wasn't LT, who was?   Boy you old guys told him.  He was better than any LB who played for us.  And me, my clothes?  Lol, grow up already.  WTF is the matter with you?  

10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Im curious if you can find a couple of posts that suggest what you’re stating.  Some people said Geno had no talent around him, so it was tough to gauge what he could accomplish with that supporting cast.  Interestingly, many of the people strongly opposed to this notion were the people who claimed that exact supporting cast ruined Mark Sanchez.  Geno is a bad QB, I don’t think anyone would argue otherwise, but the Jets did absolutely nothing to help him succeed.  That’s also a fact.

You spelled WEAPONZZ wrong. Just sayin.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Like I said, you have no idea of he had a commitment somewhere else. One time you saw him and know all about him.  Enough to make a fooll out of your self by telling the man off for not signing.  I've seen it work lots of athletes who do sign.  Things come up. 

What he is as a commentator is relevant on what level? Or that he wasn't LT, who was?   Boy you old guys told him.  He was better than any LB who played for us.  And me, my clothes?  Lol, grow up already.  WTF is the matter with you?  

WRONG AGAIN this is common for you. 

This was before training camp started others signed more important coaches and players than the jock washer he was for the Jets. 

You seem to want to argue all the damn time and can't take it when someone brings it back at you.  

Nothing wrong with me you need the reality checkup from the neck up. 

GOODBYE 

You've chosen to ignore content by Jet Nut.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG AGAIN this is common for you. 

This was before training camp started others signed more important coaches and players than the jock washer he was for the Jets. 

You seem to want to argue all the damn time and can't take it when someone brings it back at you.  

Nothing wrong with me you need the reality checkup from the neck up. 

GOODBYE 

You've chosen to ignore content by Jet Nut.

Would almost want to hear how I'm wrong.  why him being a good or bad tv announcer has anything to do with what I said.  can't What LT had to do with anything.  How saying sometimes people have commitments that take them away is wrong.  You to go on and on and keep missing the point.  And he was a glorified PR guy on Parcells staff.  Not a coach or a player.  You really need to have yourself checked our just stick to posting pointless .gifs. 

On 10/13/2018 at 6:32 AM, TeddEY said:

Johnny Manziel has 3 arrests for disorderly conduct prior to starting at Texas A&M, multiple drug issues and treatments, multiple domestic violence incidents including threatening to kill a girlfriend and himself, suspension for the substance abuse policy, fired by his own agent, threw a water bottle at a fan, and a short stint in the CFL.

Now, tell me more about how him and Manziel are alike.

I never said they were alike other than their sense of entitlement, dumbass

Archived