Sam met Namath again

Jetsbb

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He probably still gets more tail than anyone else in the photo.

Only 1 other current or former Jet is even in the same "get me some tail" stratosphere as Broadway Joe!

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

OK serious question. Has Namath shrunk like 5" in his old age or was he always well shorter than his listed 6"2". Sam is supposed to be 6"3" and they are all towering over my favorite player of all time.

I wasn't taller than my dad until he had the common decency to shrink in his old age. 

Anyone else feel that the green in the jersey's is next years green and what the QBs are wearing are likely part of the new uniforms?

I was a Namath fan first, and then sort of stuck around for the Jets in the early 70s. Still the only Jets jersey I have ever owned, though I am debating a Darnold jersey if I like the new uniforms.

He was an incredible player. In todays NFL he would be right at the top of the NFL, I know people love to talk about Josh Allen's arm and George's, blah  blah blah, but having seen it live I would put Namath up there with anyone.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Anyone else feel that the green in the jersey's is next years green and what the QBs are wearing are likely part of the new uniforms?

Oh man I hope not.

Those jerseys/sweatshirts look like crap to me.

42 minutes ago, slats said:

I wasn't taller than my dad until he had the common decency to shrink in his old age. 

I always thought they said that people don't shrink in their old age but rather don't stand up straight.  No idea if it's true but Namath definitely looks a lot shorter than Sam/Josh/Chad.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I always thought they said that people don't shrink in their old age but rather don't stand up straight.  No idea if it's true but Namath definitely looks a lot shorter than Sam/Josh/Chad.

Namath is definitely hunched over at times, but people also definitely shrink with age. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

0114181433a-1.jpg

I'm 6'2. Joes a bit shorter than I am, but those guys are all tall...

Yeah but Joe is 6'2 and you are at least 3" taller than him in that photo. He does not look especially hunched over in that pic. Thanks for the service BTW

Archived