IF WE WIN!!

Smo0v3mik3

It means nothing.  Kinda tired of slapping dreamers in the face with a reality check.  The Cheats are going 12-4 and winning the AFCE for the umpteenth time in a row.

The Jets are a young and inconsistent team, with the wrong HC, and a 21 year old QB.  This season is about Darnold being better in December than he is now.  That's it guys...

Probably .500, give or take, same as it was in the beginning of the season. Rookie QB and the way we have historically been under-prepared, there's no gimme games. Sam keeps on making progress, than sure, we could swing a few more games. But like Larz said, it's a tough schedule with the Vikings, Bears, Packers and Pats twice. 

- Vikings 

- Bears 

- Dolphins

- Patriots x2

- Bills x2

- Titans

- Texans

- Packers

There's only three games the rest of the way that I see us being favorites to win; Bills twice and at Tennessee. But as long as Darnold makes progress and stays upright, I don't care what happens, although obviously playing meaningful games in December is nice. 

1 hour ago, Smo0v3mik3 said:

If we win and get back at 3-3 what are realistic expectations for the rest of the season..? 

I think we'd all do well to drop the "season record/playoff expectations"... the real measure of success is going to be Sam's development. That's all that really matters; a full of head of steam in 2019

I think we'd all do well to drop the "season record/playoff expectations"... the real measure of success is going to be Sam's development. That's all that really matters; a full of head of steam in 2019

Exactly right!
I’ll add that last week was encouraging in that dept. those two tds to Anderson sure were pretty

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How many times do I have to bring this up?

The Jets beat a lousy Broncos team.  They have lost 11 of their last 12 road games.  They lost 8 straight games last season.  They might even have a worse head coach than Bowles.

One win and "dreamer" fans' heads drift off into the clouds... and they magically forget about the 3 straight losses that preceded it.

How many times do I have to bring this up?
The Jets beat a lousy Broncos team.  They have lost 11 of their last 12 road games.  They lost 8 straight games last season.  They might even have a worse head coach than Bowles.
One win and "dreamer" fans' heads drift off into the clouds... and they magically forget about the 3 straight losses that preceded it.

According to your logic, why bother watching the games?

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, tfine said:

According to your logic, why bother watching the games?

Easy... but you might not like the answer.  To watch Sam get better in a mostly emotionally disconnected fashion. 

I still let this team waste countless hours of my life... obviously.  But to allow myself to suffer through soul-crushing losses anymore with these bad to mediocre teams is not happening.  Proud to say I've outgrown it...

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Easy... but you might not like the answer.  To watch Sam get better in a mostly emotionally disconnected fashion. 

I still let this team waste countless hours of my life... obviously.  But to allow myself to suffer through soul-crushing losses anymore with these bad to mediocre teams is not happening.  Proud to say I've outgrown it...

I concur??

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Probably .500, give or take, same as it was in the beginning of the season. Rookie QB and the way we have historically been under-prepared, there's no gimme games. Sam keeps on making progress, than sure, we could swing a few more games. But like Larz said, it's a tough schedule with the Vikings, Bears, Packers and Pats twice. 

- Vikings 

- Bears 

- Dolphins

- Patriots x2

- Bills x2

- Titans

- Texans

- Packers

There's only three games the rest of the way that I see us being favorites to win; Bills twice and at Tennessee. But as long as Darnold makes progress and stays upright, I don't care what happens, although obviously playing meaningful games in December is nice. 

Texans? 

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion and that’s fine. I just don’t understand the “slap the dreamers back to reality” thing. Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt part of being a fan rooting for the team to win?

37 minutes ago, tfine said:

Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion and that’s fine. I just don’t understand the “slap the dreamers back to reality” thing. Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt part of being a fan rooting for the team to win?

I am rooting for the Jets to get to a point where they can win a Super Bowl... something they are clearly not close to doing.  With that in mind these individual games are barely a notch above meaningless. 

We both want the same thing... but  I also believe it is more important for the Jets to lose enough games to ensure Bowles is fired.  There is zero chance they can win a Super Bowl with his textbook, no imagination, gutless brand of football.   The only thing that draws me out of my state of flat, emotion-free Jets observation is seeing that moron continuously choosing to punt down two scores late in the 4th quarter.

46 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am rooting for the Jets to get to a point where they can win a Super Bowl... something they are clearly not close to doing.  With that in mind these individual games are barely a notch above meaningless. 

We both want the same thing... but  I also believe it is more important for the Jets to lose enough games to ensure Bowles is fired.  There is zero chance they can win a Super Bowl with his textbook, no imagination, gutless brand of football.   The only thing that draws me out of my state of flat, emotion-free Jets observation is seeing that moron continuously choosing to punt down two scores late in the 4th quarter.

Yeah, you want a Super Bowl ready team like we do, but because you don't like the coach you're checked out emotionally during the process of getting there? That's your choice, but I hope you realize there's a pretty good chance Bowles will be back next year. Then, if the team shows improvement, and Sam progresses the way we hope, he'll be around for quite a while.

If the Jets coaching continues to improve each week I see 9-7 and a Wild Card spot. We will beat a bad Colts team, and then close this home stand beating the Vikings because MetLife is Kirk Chokesin's house of horrors. 4-3 heading out on the road. Split the Bears and Dolphins, and 5-4. Then come back home and beat the Bills and lose a close one to the Pats, making the Jets 6-5. Out on the road to play the Titans and Bills and sweep that road trip coming home 8-5. Beat the Texans at home and 9-5....last two games are losses to Packers and at Pats but close games. 9-7. I could be wrong +/- one game. 8-8, 9-7, or 10-6. 

This is a big game. Get to 3 and 3 and then figure out what this season can be. Sam is the wild card, can he pull off an upset or two when they need him?

Vikings and Bears are tough games. 

Miami will be a tough one but the Jets need to right that wrong.

New England twice; a split would be great, let's start to reverse this trend.

Buffalo twice; Need a sweep. Sack that statue.

Titans, Texans and Packers...2 of 3?

I would love for them to squeak out 9 and 7. Would be happy with 8 and 8. I am rooting for 10 and 6.  :)

This Jets team can be pretty good and always competitive as long as they play mistake free football. 

They're too young and not talented enough to overcome self-inflicting penalties that have been Drive-killers or abort a GREAT play (Enunwa's 49 yard reception nullified by a holding penalty a few games back, Jax?).

They have to be focused from the Get Go like last week and play mistake free football - no holding penalties, personal fouls, dropped passes, etc. The defense can contend as long as the coverage holds up and the offense has shown it can be explosive (Crowell, Powell, Enunwa, Robbie And) and Darnold is only growing stronger by the week. 

Jet SHOULD win, but I think it'll be a close game and we'll see WHO shows up to play tomorrow. 

Despite the hate of PFF for Sam and their continued knob slobbering of Mayfield, I still see the possibility of Sam being like a Top 5 QB in the back end of the year. He has played way better than his statistics and he is unique in his development because when he has a weakness, he completely changes it within in a game. So there have been some yo-yo-ing in his play but he is quickly zeroing in on elite play. He is maybe this game maybe next maybe in 4 games just going to explode and never look back.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

13 and 3. Maybe 12 and 4 if they rest the starters against the Patriots on 12/30.

Believe it or not, Jets win today, Miami loses vs Bears and Pats go down against the Chiefs tonight, we are talking "Tied for First Place in AFC East New York Jets" tomorrow morning.

See you later Phil!

We have been pretty lucky with injury this year compared to most teams.  If one of our key players goes down a lot of things break in a hurry bc our depth is so poor.  A single OL down would likely be catastrophic.

with that said a lot of things have to break right for us.  Hard to see us beating the Bears, Vikings, Pats and Dolphins.  Maybe we pull of one upset in there somewhere or eg the Pats are resting their starters. Packers and Texans is probably a split but they slightly outtalent us.  Then we have to avoid a bad Darnold game against must win games at Bills, Colts and Titans.

All in all it’s looking very .500 level unless Darnold catches fire.

Archived