Boomer: Jets trying to acquire Chandler Jones

Lith

34 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Raiders won’t pay for his option and let him hit FA where he will surely be overpaid since there aren’t many good weapons hitting the market. Let’s resign our own core less Terelle Pryor and draft someone in 2020 to potentially be a #1.

They'd better be careful.  5th year option is guaranteed for injury, so if he ends up with concussions, they might not be able to dump him.  There was fear of that with Watkins and Bortles. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Larz said:

Next year's class is deep in pass rushers and I suspect it may be another down year for tackles

Center needs another upgrade and you can get that.

this board is obsessed with drafting oline but the league is trying to acquire veterans because of what is coming out in the draft and how long it takes to develop them

I agree completely about the pitfalls of drafting o line. Bust rate us ridiculous. I’d prefer taking multiple shots and maybe building depth by taking Oline in late round 1 or rounds 2 and 3 personally. 

If this is even remotely true, you have to think that if the Cards are asking for a first round pick the call would have ended quickly.  If Mac can get him for a 3rd in '19 and a 4th in '20 you have to pull the trigger.  The Cards are terrible and will likely not win more than 3-4 games this year. They believe they have their QB of the future and will need to get him help within the next few years.   

Keep in mind that in addition to lots of pass rushing talent in the '19 draft, there will be several free agent options next year as well.  DeMarcus Lawrence and Zeke Ansah make shake loose from Dallas and Detroit respectively.   Anthony Barr will be a free agent as the Vikes simply don't have the space to sign him.  Shane Ray and Shaquil Barrett both of the Broncos should also be available.  While few of them are as good as Jones, they may be good enough to join a revamped DL if Mac signs a guy like Grady Jarrett.  If all of this happens, you can count on a LT being taken in round 1 even if it means trading up for one.

Defense doesnt matter.  How much did kahlil mack help yesterday?  None. 

The cheifs have the worst d in nfl history and were 5-0.

How about that great jags d?  Got a 40 burger hung on them.

You are a fool to spend big money and trade draft pieces for a defensive player.

No chandler jones.  No amari cooper.  Be patient.  Build through the draft.  

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You are a fool to spend big money and trade draft pieces for a defensive player.

You don't want Amari Cooper because you don't want defense?  Sound planning.

FWIW:

"Wednesday I woke up to three different names that were brought to my attention and those conversations never happened. So I would just say, for most fans, tread lightly, because very rarely are those accurate."

Steve Keim, Cardinals GM.  Who by the way is the same guy that signed Johnson and Jones.  This wasn't a complete regime change.  Just a coach swap.

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't want Amari Cooper because you don't want defense?  Sound planning.

FWIW:

"Wednesday I woke up to three different names that were brought to my attention and those conversations never happened. So I would just say, for most fans, tread lightly, because very rarely are those accurate."

Steve Keim, Cardinals GM.  Who by the way is the same guy that signed Johnson and Jones.  This wasn't a complete regime change.  Just a coach swap.

I dont want amari cooper cause he stinks.

I dont want chandler jones because trading picks and spending money on defense is foolish.  Offense wins games in this nfl.

John Gruden is in front of the curve here.  It was genius how he hosed the bears.  And now he is going to dump cooper who stinks.  

I like where the raiders are heading.  

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We CANNOT waste cap space though so it’s going to be a weird balancing act over the next 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont want anari cooper cause he stinks.

I said that three hours ago, but there was nothing in your post other than don't get D and build through the draft. They have to pay somebody.  I don't want Cooper, but "build through the draft" is not a valid mantra for a team with $100+M in cap space and no particularly compelling players becoming free agents. 

On 10/14/2018 at 12:29 PM, Savage69 said:

No that would have been your Guy Hermie the Flim Flam BBQ man.. Before coming to the Jets as HC he was never even a coordinator \\:D/

I have No idea of that which you refer to SIR!!!!  I think you have me confused with a younger and far more impressionable but I am sure quite good looking other Charlie Brown.....  :) 

9 hours ago, Larz said:

Please either sign a pass rusher or draft one

I really don't like the idea of using draft capital to trade for a guy and then also investing a huge chunk of cap space on him

I’m expecting the jets to make a big trade sometime between now and the offseason, they have a ton of cap space next year and will probably be looking to add an impact player to sign while darnold is still on his rookie deal. not really sure of what’s going to be available in free agency other than bell

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Too much pressure on Brady will just lead to more personal fouls and roughing the passer. Trust. We’re all being hoodwinked.

Tend to agree with your thoughts. So many of the roughing the passer penalty’s called this season have been head scratchers extending drives. Its a roll of the dice though with pass interference calls. Tough man to man with pressure off the line may be the best option.

Archived