Amari Cooper

Guilhermezmc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well one thing I know is...  look at how many targets he got last year vs. the first 2,

C arr fell in love with  Crabtree after he scorched the Jets. Carr didnt realize... ITS THE JETS!!!

And Carr's not the same player post leg break....   not even close...   

His first two seasons he was pretty good his value has got to be low right now I would part with the third we got for teddy to bring cooper in. Would like to give us a Julio Jones feel but realistically he would more likely be a strong second reciever either way would look good with enunwa and Anderson I think.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’d take Cooper. Maybe he can fix his issues. He was great in his first two seasons. He’s a very polished route runner(Good WCO fit) and he could be a younger Kearse replacement or another WR of that mold.

With the way Karl Dorrell has taken some project guys (Enunwa, Robby and Kearse) and developed them, I'd absolutely take a flyer on Cooper.

Kearse was an afterthought with good route running and so-so hands in Seattle, came here, and has flourished.  Cooper is almost the same player/problems/situation but with a ton more upside.

"According to a report from Jay Glazer on Fox NFL Sunday, the team is actively shopping both wide receiver Amari Cooper and safety Karl Joseph."

Let’s send them a 1st rd pick for Joseph. Bowles could really use another safety to make this D really special

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Let's see how the season progresses.  Right now, I'm digging Pryor, Anderson and Kearse (not even counting Q until he heals up).  It's a good mix of everything (speed, size and hands) and while they are all FAs after the season, we can afford to keep who we want.  I'm not sure Cooper will be an upgrade yet.  

Bleacher Report says this......about the Jets acquiring  Amari Cooper 

New York Jets

2 OF 6

8467d81ddb3b1fd38e904136ea9cbf0d_crop_ex
Seth Wenig/Associated Press

Package: A pair of third-round picks

The New York Jets' need for a wide receiver will grow with each passing week. 

Currently, the team is solid, albeit unspectacular, with Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Terrelle Pryor and Jermaine Kearse. Obviously, this unit could and should be improved to better help 21-year-old franchise quarterback Sam Darnold. 

A trade for Cooper not only gives the Jets an immediate upgrade, but the move provides offseason insurance since every one of those previously named receivers are unrestricted or restricted free agents after this season. 

The move could begin a rapport between the young signal-caller and a legitimate top option instead of waiting months to address the position. 

Like the Colts, the Jets have plenty of money to spend. New York is second in projected salary-cap space at $106 million. The difference between the two teams is their available draft assets. 

Where Indianapolis has an extra second-round pick thanks to the Jets moving up for the third overall pick, New York doesn't own a 2019 second-round selection. However, the Jets have a pair of third-round picks and could add a little more to sweeten the deal. The potential trade package may not be enough, though.  

Unless the Jets are willing to consider the possibility of flipping their first-round pickwhich is a bit steep based on their rebuilding stagethey'll be on the outside looking in despite obvious interest in a top receiving talent. 

Archived