Amari Cooper

Guilhermezmc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jgb said:

If there is a softer player in the NFL I haven’t seen him. Signed, Embittered Cooper Dynasty Owner

You and me both.

Having said that it appears that Gruden has no idea how to use Cooper. They made all the right noises about making him the featured receiver in their offence but four weeks out of six their play calling makes him the invisible man.

If I were Maccagnan, I would reach out to the Raiders to gauge what it would take to get Cooper.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Bleacher Report says this......about the Jets acquiring  Amari Cooper 

New York Jets

2 OF 6

8467d81ddb3b1fd38e904136ea9cbf0d_crop_ex
Seth Wenig/Associated Press

Package: A pair of third-round picks

The New York Jets' need for a wide receiver will grow with each passing week. 

Currently, the team is solid, albeit unspectacular, with Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa, Terrelle Pryor and Jermaine Kearse. Obviously, this unit could and should be improved to better help 21-year-old franchise quarterback Sam Darnold. 

A trade for Cooper not only gives the Jets an immediate upgrade, but the move provides offseason insurance since every one of those previously named receivers are unrestricted or restricted free agents after this season. 

The move could begin a rapport between the young signal-caller and a legitimate top option instead of waiting months to address the position. 

Like the Colts, the Jets have plenty of money to spend. New York is second in projected salary-cap space at $106 million. The difference between the two teams is their available draft assets. 

Where Indianapolis has an extra second-round pick thanks to the Jets moving up for the third overall pick, New York doesn't own a 2019 second-round selection. However, the Jets have a pair of third-round picks and could add a little more to sweeten the deal. The potential trade package may not be enough, though.  

Unless the Jets are willing to consider the possibility of flipping their first-round pickwhich is a bit steep based on their rebuilding stagethey'll be on the outside looking in despite obvious interest in a top receiving talent. 

This guy is on drugs. Cooper isnt even in the top ten of WR. 

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Personally with the way he has played the past 2 or 3 years, I would make it a 5th that could be upgraded to a 4th if he reaches certain goals for receptions and yards. 

Agreed good idea, we hear it all the time change of scenery might do the player some good.

The Raiduhs exercised Cooper's 5th year option (for 2019) last April.  Cooper is guaranteed $13,924,000 for the 2019 season.  Based on his spotty performance, I think that would be a mistake for the Jets.  I'd rather not trade a third round pick for an expensive 2019 rental that rarely performs up to expectations. 

On 10/14/2018 at 1:12 PM, GreenFish said:

Jets have to stay focus. We get too happy when things are going well for us. 

Your right. We need to get back to the Fire Bowles and Mac posts and our O coordinator sukks and Rogers can’t coach defense posts. It seemed to work and got us 2 wins. 

No way.  This guy disappears for games at a time.  We don't need to take flyers on anyone.  We need to seek out a legit #1WR this offseason.   
In who? What free agent is a clear cut number 1? What wr prospect is a guaranteed number 1 at ie not taking a flyer on him? Cooper has all the tools and showed them his first two seasons when his qb was healthy and the team was playing well...he fell off a bit when his qb got injured but he is probably the best option out there right now assuming his price tag isn't substantial.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

On 10/14/2018 at 12:49 PM, Patriot Killa said:

I’d take Cooper. Maybe he can fix his issues. He was great in his first two seasons. He’s a very polished route runner(Good WCO fit) and he could be a younger Kearse replacement or another WR of that mold.

imo cooper was heads and shoulders above the next taken receiver in his draft year.  no telling what the issue is.  gruden is probably grinding all of the vets out.

Cooper was named to the Pro Bowl his first two seasons in the league (2015 and 2016). The trouble for Cooper and the Raiders is that his numbers have been going backwards each season. In 2015, he averaged almost 15 yards a reception, and that's fallen to 12.7 yards per reception so far this season. He's never had double digit touchdowns in a season (PB of 7 in 2017).

Seeking a first round pick for Cooper is surely posturing by the Raiders. It's either a sign that they're not really interested in trading Cooper but if another team blows them out of the water with a trade offer, they'll probably take it, or it's an opening gambit and they'll be bargained down to something more realistic for Cooper.

Really, if the Raiders trade him now, he's being traded at the lowest possible point in his career.

If John Gruden starred in Bad News Bears—"alright kids I’m your new coach, you’ve all been reassigned to other teams and I’m gonna rebuild rather than instill confidence in you and change the culture around here.”

On 10/14/2018 at 7:59 PM, Thai Jet said:

Dumpster fire is right. Chuckie not living up to the pre season hype.

Gruden is doing a great job.  He sees this team needs a rebuild and is getting on it right away.

Getting rid of mack was a great move.  You dont pay tons for defensive players in this age.  

And cooper stinks.  If he can get picks for him and get him off the books it would be great for them.

Gruden is there for 10 years.  He is building this thing the right way snd if he hits on his picks, they will be a force in 3-4 years.

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

If John Gruden starred in Bad News Bears—alright kids I’m your new coach, you’ve all been reassigned to other teams and I’m gonna rebuild rather than instill confidence in you and change the culture around here.”

“Jon, we get it, it’s your team. you can stop trading away the only ounce of talent we have. We just spent 10 years sucking before this. Please, your making us nervous, Jon.”

Basically.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, nycdan said:

Let's see how the season progresses.  Right now, I'm digging Pryor, Anderson and Kearse (not even counting Q until he heals up).  It's a good mix of everything (speed, size and hands) and while they are all FAs after the season, we can afford to keep who we want.  I'm not sure Cooper will be an upgrade yet.  

Interestingly this is the first post in this thread to mention Pryor I'm pretty sure. I was thinking the same thing. Let's see where the guys we have end up at the end of the season. Sam is spending a whole season developing rapport with these guys and Pryor is slowly coming on. I'd personally love Cooper here, but no higher than a 3rd or a phantom 2nd in 2019. (can we make a trade for a pick we don't have if they're not paying attention?) 

But I think guys here are sleeping on Pryor. Two TD's in as many weeks and some really solid contributions in the passing game both receiving and blocking. Having a big guy like him who isn't afraid to block is something that could elevate the whole team. 

First you die for a player like Mack. It was crazy to get rid of him. It's kind of also killed the confidence of the players. They were a competitive team the past few years. They didn't need a rebuild and they have a good young Qb and used to have a great player and leader on D. 

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Raiduhs exercised Cooper's 5th year option (for 2019) last April.  Cooper is guaranteed $13,924,000 for the 2019 season.  Based on his spotty performance, I think that would be a mistake for the Jets.  I'd rather not trade a third round pick for an expensive 2019 rental that rarely performs up to expectations. 

You make a good point but in the long run I actually think trading for Cooper saves the jets money.  Signing a WR like Cooper in free agency will probably cost the jets $15 mil per for 3-4 years with $40 mil guaranteed.  Cooper would be here in essentially a one year deal playing for his next contract

Q is going to make a ton of money in free agency even if he misses time with the ankle

On 10/14/2018 at 6:22 PM, nycdan said:

Let's see how the season progresses.  Right now, I'm digging Pryor, Anderson and Kearse (not even counting Q until he heals up).  It's a good mix of everything (speed, size and hands) and while they are all FAs after the season, we can afford to keep who we want.  I'm not sure Cooper will be an upgrade yet.  

we actually also have a few TEs who can catch it.

I rather get a big, fast & physical wideout in the 1st round this coming Spring.  I was all in on Oline in the 1st round in 2019, but after watching the last few weeks, I want to get Sam that guy that's open when he's not open.   Cooper is not that guy.  I could see Dallas making that move.  Let them give up draft capital.

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He is signed for $14M in 2019 and then a FA.  He isn't growing with anybody.  He's missed time with concussions at least the past 2 seasons.

the Raiduhs aren't getting anything more than a 3rd or a 4th from a team willing to risk $14 million fully guaranteed for a 1.5 year rental of a persistent underachiever.  Raiders think they can get a 1st rounder?  Shows you just how clueless Jon Gruden really is.  

The Gruden waste-of-$100-million hiring will go down as one of the all-time colossal Raiduhs failure.  No... one of the all-time bad decisions of any team in the NFL.  Gruden sucks.  He always did, nothing new here.

Funny thing about Gruden is that I think he was one of the super-young guys that Al Davis hired because he could control them.  I think Davis often hired younger guys or guys that couldn't get other jobs for that reason.  Now Gruden is some kind of genius, though I guess that legacy is getting tarnished hourly.  I guess if Matt Millen isn't too disgraced to end up in the booth Chucky can go back

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No thanks.

If a supposed offensive guru like Gruden can't unleash Amari Cooper what would Todd Bowles do with him?

Gruden sucks. I’d take Cooper in a heartbeat if the price is right. We are injured at WR anyway and I don’t like that Enunwa’s injury is a high ankle sprain. That will not only have him out for a considerable amount of time but may linger.

Archived