Amari Cooper

Guilhermezmc

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jetstream23 said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I was clearly wrong on Cooper.

Both Cooper and Mack are lighting it up after leaving Oakland.  Can only imagine what Raiders' fans are thinking these days.

I don't think any Oakland fan cares.....the team is leaving for Vegas.

That in itself buys Gruden time to recover.

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Amari Cooper would have done wonders for Sam Darnold.....just saying. 

Yeah, and Mack would have been great too but if it cost us a top 5 pick this year (and more for Mack) I am happy we didn't make the moves. 

Heading into 2019, I would have NO problem giving away a 2020 high pick for a stud WR/OL/edge rusher. Dallas and Chicago were in a different situation than us. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, and Mack would have been great too but if it cost us a top 5 pick this year (and more for Mack) I am happy we didn't make the moves. 

Heading into 2019, I would have NO problem giving away a 2020 high pick for a stud WR/OL/edge rusher. Dallas and Chicago were in a different situation than us. 

So do you think we will draft someone that will have as much of an impact as say Cooper or Mack? 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So do you think we will draft someone that will have as much of an impact as say Cooper or Mack? 

Probably not, and if there was no cap then sure we should have made the trade. But I still don't think you understand how the cap works. It's not just about the draft picks, it's about paying these guys and not having cheap studs on rookie deals. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Probably not, and if there was no cap then sure we should have made the trade. But I still don't think you understand how the cap works. It's not just about the draft picks, it's about paying these guys and not having cheap studs on rookie deals. 

Different story if you are cap strapped we aren't. This team lacks playmakers and superstars. Dime store transactions isn't going to win football games and put fans in the seats. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Different story if you are cap strapped we aren't. This team lacks playmakers and superstars. Dime store transactions isn't going to win football games and put fans in the seats. 

Agreed. If we start next year with a ton of cap space again I will be right next to you in line for the pitchforks. But the hope is that we land a good player in the draft and use our cap space to surround Darnold with playmakers/OL. Guys like Leveon Bell/Golden Tate can help on offense and possibly guys like Lawrence/Clark/Clowney will be available on defense. 

Plus there are always teams looking to free up cap space making some high priced/talented vets available for trade. 

It's turnarounds like Cooper's that gives us a slight glimmer of hope.

The NFL is chock full of guys who have the talent to succeed if put in the right place at the right time.

Maybe we have a few of those gems on our roster if we had the right coaches with the right schemes.

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Trading 2 first rounder right now for Mack didn't make sense for this team.   Chicago was apparently ready to make the jump this year, the Jets are not.

Cooper, that would have been tough.   For Dallas, it was 100% the move to make.  For the Jets, getting a top 5 pick and not having a 1st or 2nd rounder this year would have been very difficult. 

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Cooper, that would have been tough.   For Dallas, it was 100% the move to make.  For the Jets, getting a top 5 pick and not having a 1st or 2nd rounder this year would have been very difficult. 

So do you think the player drafted this year say top 5 will have as much as an impact on Amari Cooper? 

2nd round picks forget it we are forever jinxed there. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So do you think the player drafted this year say top 5 will have as much as an impact on Amari Cooper? 

I think this is a fair point about Cooper. Say we go WR in round 1, is Cooper better than any of the WRs in this class? Its early in the process but I think you'd be right. However, an OL pick could impact both the passing and running game, so a generational talent there may be more valuable than Cooper. Also, I think Mack is unfair, obviously you're probably not getting a Mack level talent in the draft this year but the Bears gave up I believe 3 first rounders and a huge contract. The contract we could swallow, not having a first round pick for 3 years with the offense in the state its in would've been potentially devastating. 

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

I think this is a fair point about Cooper. Say we go WR in round 1, is Cooper better than any of the WRs in this class? Its early in the process but I think you'd be right. However, an OL pick could impact both the passing and running game, so a generational talent there may be more valuable than Cooper. Also, I think Mack is unfair, obviously you're probably not getting a Mack level talent in the draft this year but the Bears gave up I believe 3 first rounders and a huge contract. The contract we could swallow, not having a first round pick for 3 years with the offense in the state its in would've been potentially devastating. 

Agree Mack was too expensive for the NY Jets its just that Mack and Cooper are only a few of the decent players we have failed to acquire in Mike Maccagnan's era. The draft day story involving Kamara is another blunder. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree Mack was too expensive for the NY Jets its just that Mack and Cooper are only a few of the decent players we have failed to acquire in Mike Maccagnan's era. The draft day story involving Kamara is another blunder. 

I agree and he should be canned. I'm not a pick hugger by any means, if a first round pick can get you a blue chip caliber play do it, but we still have the chance to draft one this year with a top 5 pick. This is why I'm also all in on Leveon Bell, guy is a top 5 RB in the league, regardless of it being a devalued position and a guy with a ton of mileage, bring him in. Offense needs a star like that and there really isn't anything else available. Maybe Josh Gordon as an RFA, depends on the tender he gets from NE.  

Archived