Sam Darnold is growing up in front of our eyes.

hawk

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Amazing what good protection and a running game can do for a QB.  

Not to take anything away from Darnold, he was good from the first game, but when he gets help he looks even better and we win. 

The OL play has been night and day from the 3 losses we had. 

The running game didn't play well today. The OL did protect him (Long had a bunch of bad snaps). Darnold elevated his team today. 

7 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Not to take anything away from Darnold, he was good from the first game, but when he gets help he looks even better and we win. 

Also: amazing what good QB does to ease pressure of the OLINE

Positives: Sam is more decisive, has cleaned up some mistakes. He has good game awareness as well. Pretty impressive. 

That being said, the colts coverage is truly awful. They do not even have the most basic concept of man coverage. Pretty embarassing. As sam gets more experienced, hopefully we start playing more through him instead of constantly hoping he converts every third down situation after we run the first two downs. 

the Center Long is not good at all , he is an upgrade over last year but thats an upgrade from dog sh*t to cat poop

so many low and high snaps in all games, penalties and he just taking points from the offense and putting Darnold in a bad position many times .

Just now, fusionCA said:

the Center Long is not good at all , he is an upgrade over last year but thats an upgrade from dog sh*t to cat poop

so many low and high snaps in all games, penalties and he just taking points from the offense and putting Darnold in a bad position many times .

Agreed. That’s makes me even more impressed with Sam

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yup and RBs are rarely the reason a team wins/loses. Barkley had an amazing game on Thursday night, they lost because they have a special needs QB. 

Absolutely.  Running backs are important but if you don’t have at least a dependable QB you aren’t going anywhere. Let’s be honest Eli was never great. However to his credit he stepped up in game in a couple of playoff games.  Also a couple of lucky catches can help too lol

8 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Positives: Sam is more decisive, has cleaned up some mistakes. He has good game awareness as well. Pretty impressive. 

That being said, the colts coverage is truly awful. They do not even have the most basic concept of man coverage. Pretty embarassing. As sam gets more experienced, hopefully we start playing more through him instead of constantly hoping he converts every third down situation after we run the first two downs. 

I'm happy when my 21 year old QB can easily picks apart a bad defense. Whatever his final numbers were, could have been far better if the Jets were playing from behind. 

33 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

So glad the clowns took mayfield and the pip squeaks took barkley

Speaking of mayfield there were a few fans in here gushing about him after he beat a “gassed” jets team. Yet I haven’t been impressed. Sam at least bounced back from that game and even the Jacksonville game

58 minutes ago, nico002 said:

He has looked great since pre season.

SAID NO ONE EVER.                                                                                                                                                                                              I will say that after watching the last 2 games, I don't have the slightest of doubts that we have the QB we've been waiting/hoping for. The kid is progressing faster then I thought he could. I look forward to every offensive series now, because I just can't wait to watch him. It's like he's getting better and better each game, and the time is rapidly coming when we'll be one of the top teams in the league. Thanks to Sam!

I agree, he's on track development wise...

I do wish however, that after every game - people would stop feeling the need to extrapolate the most general/broadest judgements - on a weekly basis.

this week: SAM IS BECOMING A LEGEND

next week: SAM IS STRUGGLING

How about just "good game"

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I agree, he's on track development wise...

I do wish however, that after every game - people would stop feeling the need to extrapolate the most general/broadest judgements - on a weekly basis.

this week: SAM IS BECOMING A LEGEND

next week: SAM IS STRUGGLING

How about just "good game"

That’s fair. I never go overboard but I’m pretty confident in him finally be OUR GUY

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

SAID NO ONE EVER.                                                                                                                                                                                              I will say that after watching the last 2 games, I don't have the slightest of doubts that we have the QB we've been waiting/hoping for. The kid is progressing faster then I thought he could. I look forward to every offensive series now, because I just can't wait to watch him. It's like he's getting better and better each game, and the time is rapidly coming when we'll be one of the top teams in the league. Thanks to Sam!

2 weeks ago you said they need to dump him and draft  a QB next year 

47 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Giants fans will never admit they made a bad decision. They still think Eli is good. 

I watched the game down in Myrtle Beach in a bar with a mix of jets and Giants fans from back home. The Giant fans love Barkley, (who wouldn't) but they realize now Eli's done. They were all watching Herbert play for Oregon yesterday after golf. He's the guy they want in this years draft.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

No more 1st round picks on D!!! 

Darnold needs to be Jewel in the Crown. This is not Todd's toy any more, it's Sam's Team now!

we'll have one more 1st round pick on D.  This year it will be a pass rusher.  I'm good with that.  Rest of draft can be O

11 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

2 weeks ago you said they need to dump him and draft  a QB next year 

FAKE NEWS. Show me where I said that! I wasn't a fan boy who thought he did no wrong, but the worst I ever said was he wasn't playing well, and we needed to be patient through his mistakes and bad games as he learned. That was heresy to guys like you who live in a dream world.

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

So what you’re saying is, it’s a team game?...interesting take

46 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Absolutely.  Running backs are important but if you don’t have at least a dependable QB you aren’t going anywhere. Let’s be honest Eli was never great. However to his credit he stepped up in game in a couple of playoff games.  Also a couple of lucky catches can help too lol

That's all he ever was. Eli is the most overrated QB of our generation. 

Archived