Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I do..  game winning FG with no time left on the clock..  disgusting, I know.

lol.. i still think Brady looks like he's lost something.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

New England is going 12-4 and playing in another AFCCG.   Like I said 2 weeks ago when they were 2-2. 

The Jets have a QB.  But 2020 is still the best case scenario.

Agree with everything except maybe 2020. Unless Brady and Belichek retire after 2019. LOL

Mahomes is good, but I’d like to see him without Tyreek Hill.

4 times in the first half, he struggled when the field shrunk and he couldn’t simply chuck it downfield to a wide open Tyreek - resulting in 3 FGs and an endzone INT. He also missed a handful of routine throws including 2 or 3 would-be TDs. He struggled in the pocket all night long.

None of this is to say he isn’t good or won’t be good. It’s just that it’s probably real nice to play with the surrounding talent and coaching that Mahomes has been getting since he got drafted.

I didn’t think the chiefs even had a chance in this one. Everything was set up perfectly for the Pats to get a win in primetime and nationally proclaim that they’re still around. To my surprise, the chiefs gave them a good game, but I realllly wish they would have pulled through. Would have been nice to sit in 2nd place with the cheats this far into the season for once.

It's looks like the hog roast is off. The pig 🐷 isn't ripe again. Guess we wait till Brady is gone, or Sam has a couple more years of seasoning and more weapons.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It's looks like the hog roast is off. The pig 🐷 isn't ripe again. Guess we wait till Brady is gone, or Sam has a couple more years of seasoning and more weapons.

The Jets will beat the Patriots twice in the regular season and then in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets will beat the Patriots twice in the regular season and then in the playoffs. 

I think theres a good chance we take 1 off them. Mahommes was a bit inaccurate early, if not for that they win big last night. Looked like the better team to me 

11 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Mahomes is good, but I’d like to see him without Tyreek Hill.

4 times in the first half, he struggled when the field shrunk and he couldn’t simply chuck it downfield to a wide open Tyreek - resulting in 3 FGs and an endzone INT. He also missed a handful of routine throws including 2 or 3 would-be TDs. He struggled in the pocket all night long.

None of this is to say he isn’t good or won’t be good. It’s just that it’s probably real nice to play with the surrounding talent and coaching that Mahomes has been getting since he got drafted.

I didn’t think the chiefs even had a chance in this one. Everything was set up perfectly for the Pats to get a win in primetime and nationally proclaim that they’re still around. To my surprise, the chiefs gave them a good game, but I realllly wish they would have pulled through. Would have been nice to sit in 2nd place with the cheats this far into the season for once.

I posted this in the stupid troll thread about Mahomes.  Go look at what this offense had Alex Smith producing last year.  

Very similar numbers, except Smith was averaging at like 72% completion percentage and zero turnovers compared to 63% and 7? (4 INT's, 3 fumbles).  Alex was responsible for 15 TD's compared to Pat's 19.  Smith with Washington this season?  64%, 6/2 and about 500 yards less passing.

Mahomes is a baller and I'm comparing him to a veteran but that system is pretty user friendly for the QB.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I posted this in the stupid troll thread about Mahomes.  Go look at what this offense had Alex Smith producing last year.  

Very similar numbers, except Smith was averaging at like 72% completion percentage and zero turnovers compared to 63% and 7? (4 INT's, 3 fumbles).  Alex was responsible for 15 TD's compared to Pat's 19.  Smith with Washington this season?  64%, 6/2 and about 500 yards less passing.

Mahomes is a baller and I'm comparing him to a veteran but that system is pretty user friendly for the QB.

Fully agree. A guy who was nearly considered a bust in SF and then finally had a good season or two before being jettisoned in favor of Kaep, and Andy transformed him into a solid if not borderline strong QB statistically in KC.

Can you imagine Sam in that system with those playmakers?

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

How in the world, given the nature of officiating today, did the Patriots not have a single penalty last night?  No punts, no penalties.  

They are the Patriots that's why silly.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Kinda like Denver used to be with their RB. Who ever you plugged in there was getting 1,000 yds. Still surprised they traded Smith.

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Takeaway: the Chiefs proved they can really matriculate the ball down the field.

The great Hank Stram.  That is an awesome video from Super Bowl IV. What was the play he called that worked for a TD that he screamed like 5 times? Wasn't it something like "42 power zone trap." Good stuff.

14 hours ago, RoadFan said:

New England is going 12-4 and playing in another AFCCG.   Like I said 2 weeks ago when they were 2-2. 

The Jets have a QB.  But 2020 is still the best case scenario.

Probably.  Pity the NFL will be on strike

2 hours ago, JiF said:

The system is QB friendly, however in the important stats that actually translate to winning and points Mahommes is significantly better:

Y/A 8.8 vs 8.0

QBR 85 vs 67

DVOA 41.1 vs 18.3

DYAR/Attempt 2.96 vs 2.03 

DYAR/Game 125 vs 68.4

+ he can make plays no other QB in the league can make right now. I don't know how you can watch both and come away thinking they are in the same world in terms of ability and performance.

The kid is a phenom.

19 minutes ago, CTM said:

The system is QB friendly, however in the important stats that actually translate to winning and points Mahommes is significantly better:

Y/A 8.8 vs 8.0

QBR 85 vs 67

DVOA 41.1 vs 18.3

DYAR/Attempt 2.96 vs 2.03 

DYAR/Game 125 vs 68.4

+ he can make plays no other QB in the league can make right now. I don't know how you can watch both and come away thinking they are in the same world in terms of ability and performance.

The kid is a phenom.

Is this on the year or the first 6 games? Because that's what I was comparing.

And these are all cool fancy stats but nobody argued that Smith was better than Mahomes.  All this does is further prove my point; that system took an average game manager and turned him into an MVP candidate.  

As far as these being the stats that matter in the W column, both QB's went 5-1 after 6 games. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is this on the year or the first 6 games? Because that's what I was comparing.

And these are all cool fancy stats but nobody argued that Smith was better than Mahomes.  All this does is further prove my point; that system took an average game manager and turned him into an MVP candidate.  

As far as these being the stats the matter in the W column, both QB's went 5-1 after 6 games. 

To be fair Alex Smith was playing like a top 10 QB prior to injury his last year in SF and lead them to 13-3 the year prior.  He's also not been an MVP candidate in KC, but I suspect you know that. 

Reid is a great QB coach for sure, not denying that but to point at Smith's statistics as an attempt to throw cold water on Mahommes is outrageous, he's been way more effective statistically and way more impressive visually. Maybe someone cracks the code in defending him or he gets banged up but as of now he looks special in an Aaron Rodgers way.