Watching Chiefs vs Patriots. Friendly reminder Macagnan selected Ardarius Stewart over Kareem Hunt

Jetsbb

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You mean he traded up to a place where he could take all thinking out of the decision? That’s very Macc indeed.

“Superman is on the board. We’ll take him...”

Clap clap clap

“Really hit that one out of the park, Mike”

I will give you my same response as earlier in the thread to a comment like this.   The reason to give Macc credit was pulling the trigger so early.  Can you imagine the price if the Colts still had the #3 pick when Darnold was on the board?  A bidding war ensues...  Sometimes you create your own luck.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 I will give you my same response as earlier in the thread to a comment like this.   The reason to give Macc credit was pulling the trigger so early.  Can you imagine the price if the Colts still had the #3 pick when Darnold was on the board?  A bidding war ensues...  Sometimes you create your own luck.

As soon as King Cousins (who let’s not forget was the preferred choice, because it required even less thinking/confidence in your drafting) was off the market he made the ONLY choice he could. Trade up and pray to god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

As soon as King Cousins (who let’s not forget was the preferred choice, because it required even less thinking/confidence in your drafting) was off the market he made the ONLY choice he could. Trade up and pray to god.

Earlier you said there was "no thinking" to the decision to 3. Now you are saying that he had to "pray". Which is it, because if there is no decision to make, I am not sure why one needs to pray?

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

BTW, Deshaun Watson, everyone's poster child last year for "look what we did instead of, after the fact" is looking very ordinary, and confused.

Agreed, very ordinary. The wife says Watson was the only reason the Bills kept it close. Inept was the word she used. Of course Peterman is the king of ineptness and of pick 6's much to her chagrin. lol

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed, very ordinary. The wife says Watson was the only reason the Bills kept it close. Inept was the word she used. Of course Peterman is the king of ineptness and of pick 6's much to her chagrin. lol

The Bills 10 points came off of Watson turnovers (he had 3) that set the Bills up with a short field

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is a valid point.  Forgot about Cousins.  But trading up early was not his ONLY choice.  He could have stood pat until draft day and let things shake out.  Other scenarios could have arisen where he doesn't get Darnold.  But he did. 

17 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This is a valid point.  Forgot about Cousins.  But trading up early was not his ONLY choice.  He could have stood pat until draft day and let things shake out.  Other scenarios could have arisen where he doesn't get Darnold.  But he did. 

Most correct. Some narrow minded people just refuse to give Macc credit for ANYTHING.

59 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Earlier you said there was "no thinking" to the decision to 3. Now you are saying that he had to "pray". Which is it, because if there is no decision to make, I am not sure why one needs to pray?

I didn't say there was "no thinking"...  what are you on about? Why don't just come out with whatever narrative you're pushing.

I said, he moved up  as to TRY and take as much thinking out of the equation as possible. The higher you go, the more obvious your choice is. by praying, i meant he would pray for example that either of the two QBs they liked made it that far. 

Go climb a tree and cool off. 

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I didn't say there was "no thinking"...  what are you on about? Why don't just come out with whatever narrative you're pushing.

I said, he moved up  as to TRY and take as much thinking out of the equation as possible. The higher you go, the more obvious your choice is. by praying, i meant he would pray for example that either of the two QBs they liked made it that far. 

Go climb a tree and cool off. 

You seem to be the one getting hot. Thanks for your explanation, though I still have to say that I still don't totally get your point. I will leave it at that

46 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

When the last time you picked a QB was Hackenberg, then you bet your arse it was the only option.  

I feel like you're smarter than this. The Jets needing to draft a QB was so blatantly obvious, even Gary Busey knew. Any team (say this part out loud with me, Any Team ) considering/needing/wanting/wishing for a QB knew they had to get ahead of the Jets. So lets brake this down b/c you're having problems appreciating the business mentality here. Other teams want QBs. There's some good ones this year. Jets need one. Jets will take one.... meaning other teams are thinking -- "Gee, i guess we better trade ahead of the Jets to get the guy we want"....  So he did it, before someone else did. 

It was the only choice. And he did it. Good for Macc for doing his job that he's paid millions of dollars a year for. 

29 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Most correct. Some narrow minded people just refuse to give Macc credit for ANYTHING.

I give him lots of credit for the way he runs the organization, the trades he makes and the salary cap he manages. So do others. He needs help drafting, period. If he doesn't get help, he'll be out of a job. period. 

Lets kill this topic, people. The jets are winning, sam is developing.... one game a time, ok.  Lets keep our eyes on the prize - The vikings this week. 

I'm not defending Macc, and I haven't read this thread but I'm sure there are posters who said they knew Hunt would be a star.

That said, threads like these are dumb.  Yes Macc passed on him, so did every other GM in the league, twice(for all intents and purposes).  The Stewart pick is a crappy one because Stewart is crappy.  

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

When the last time you picked a QB was Hackenberg, then you bet your arse it was the only option.  

I feel like you're smarter than this. The Jets needing to draft a QB was so blatantly obvious, even Gary Busey knew. Any team (say this part out loud with me, Any Team ) considering/needing/wanting/wishing for a QB knew they had to get ahead of the Jets. So lets brake this down b/c you're having problems appreciating the business mentality here. Other teams want QBs. There's some good ones this year. Jets need one. Jets will take one.... meaning other teams are thinking -- "Gee, i guess we better trade ahead of the Jets to get the guy we want"....  So he did it, before someone else did. 

It was the only choice. And he did it. Good for Macc for doing his job that he's paid millions of dollars a year for. 

I give him lots of credit for the way he runs the organization, the trades he makes and the salary cap he manages. So do others. He needs help drafting, period. If he doesn't get help, he'll be out of a job. period. 

Lets kill this topic, people. The jets are winning, sam is developing.... one game a time, ok.  Lets keep our eyes on the prize - The vikings this week. 

Fair enough.  Just kick Bowles to the curb, hire the right guy with an aggressive and innovative mind, and the Jets are in business...

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes, THIS year he is ranked 20th in QBR. I would classify that as "ordinary".

Found a cute little stat to support your position so you went from the season, to one game, back to the season?  lmfao

QBR is the stupidest thing ever created but hey man, you're right.  Deshaun Watson is lost and ordinary because his QBR says so.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

The Texans are on a 3 game winning streak and play for 1st place in the division this Sunday.  

He looks like the stud he is and everyone knows he is.  All the pregame shows were talking about how he's right back where he left off last season.

He had a bad game.  It happens.  Jared Goff just threw for 50% comp and 0/1, is he lost and not a winner now?

He looks nowhere near as good as a year ago.  

Couldn't beat the Colts after a big lead, let them back into the game then had the Colts hand him the game.  And the Bills?  With a lead and Allen out he barely was able to win.  I'm impressed by yesterday too. And would stay away from the Goff comparisons

Funny though that when the talk shows talk about how good Bowles is we say they're clueless.  When they call a QB who isnt playing well we quite them.  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Found a cute little stat to support your position so you went from the season, to one game, back to the season?  lmfao

QBR is the stupidest thing ever created but hey man, you're right.  Deshaun Watson is lost and ordinary because his QBR says so.

Watson has a career record of 6-6. 

He has taken 25 sacks this year. He took 19 the year prior. He has the same TD/INT ratio as Darnold

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I tried TD to interceptions, so I don't know where you want me to go next. Other than your cherry picked stats. Tell again, how has he played less games than last year? 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He looks nowhere near as good as a year ago.  

Couldn't beat the Colts after a big lead, let them back into the game then had the Colts hand him the game.  And the Bills?  With a lead and Allen out he barely was able to win.  I'm impressed by yesterday too. And would stay away from the Goff comparisons

Funny though that when the talk shows talk about how good Bowles is we say they're clueless.  When they call a QB who isnt playing well we quite them.  

Sure he does.  He's literally been on fire since week 1 other than Sunday.  He's just getting terrible protection and zero running game.  I do think he was holding the ball a bit too long on Sunday but that hadnt been the problem in the 4 weeks prior.  He was doing record breaking stuff last year that he wouldnt have sustained if he stayed healthy.  This year, he's been better statistically in every other category than TD's and he's down .7 in ypc which whatevs, it's still 12.8.

Did Sam Darnold let the Colts back in the game yesterday? 

Yep Watson had a bad game yesterday.  Welcome to the conversation but nobody compared him to Goff.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I tried TD to interceptions, so I don't know where you want me to go next. Other than your cherry picked stats. Tell again, how has he played less games than last year? 

I dont even know what you're talking about anymore, Scott.  I think you've moved on to Russell Wilson.

Let's leave it at this:

You think Deshaun Watson is lost and ordinary.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I dont even know what you're talking about anymore, Scott.  I think you've moved on to Russell Wilson.

Let's leave it at this:

You think Deshaun Watson is lost and ordinary.  

Yes, in comparison to last year, no doubt. And the stats back it up. 

Sorry to say this about your boo.

Archived