Watching Chiefs vs Patriots. Friendly reminder Macagnan selected Ardarius Stewart over Kareem Hunt

Jetsbb

23 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maybe partially. but it is troubling that he is behind that OL. Be interesting to see the OL changes for Houston from last year to this year

It's basically brand new.  Breaking in a rookie LT too.  They have 1 returning starter, Nick Martin.

Watson is a guy known for getting the ball out quick and being elusive.  Like I said, he definitely was holding the ball a bit long yesterday but on other plays he was getting no time to throw the ball.  Been that way all year.  And their run game is abysmal.  They average like 3.7 ypc.  I think this is a bit more indicative of who's in front of him than Watson but I'm sure some of it is on him as well.

Despite all that, he's got his team on 3 game win streak and prior to yesterday, Watson was on a run where he was averaging 420 yards 2 Td's per game.  Good for 90% of their offensive production which is very lost and ordinary for a QB who has played 12 games in the league.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well to be fair to Deshaun he did have a season ending injury last year after what 6 games? So this could still be considered part of his rookie season right? So he isn't doing so bad for a guy with only 12 PRO GAMES under his belt.

He is not doing bad (considering the body of work as a whole). All I am saying is let's be careful whom we anoint before the test of time. That is all.

23 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The Patriots passed on him twice  at pick 83 and 85. Hunt was drafted at 86. Would you like for me to name all of the teams who also passed on Kareem Hunt? Get over it. Let's stop being a SOJF and be happy that we have Sam Darnold. 

James White fills that role and plays for peanuts.  We needed a RB, but drafted an Ardarious...gimmick player with no clear role.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Sure he does.  He's literally been on fire since week 1 other than Sunday.  He's just getting terrible protection and zero running game.  I do think he was holding the ball a bit too long on Sunday but that hadnt been the problem in the 4 weeks prior.  He was doing record breaking stuff last year that he wouldnt have sustained if he stayed healthy.  This year, he's been better statistically in every other category than TD's and he's down .7 in ypc which whatevs, it's still 12.8.

Did Sam Darnold let the Colts back in the game yesterday? 

Yep Watson had a bad game yesterday.  Welcome to the conversation but nobody compared him to Goff.

You most certainly brought up Goff and posted some stat.  

He didn't play well against the Giants, screw stupid, mindless stats.  He lost to that horrid team.  He did nothing in the second half vs the Colts, while Darnold answered every Luck score. 

Again, quote all the stats you want.  As I said, stats are no indicative of how he's played.  I like Watson, wanted him.  He's not the same QB as a year ago.  Your tv people, the ones you brought up were discussing teams aren't surprised by him now, they know how to defended him.  Not one claimed he's actually better now than last year before his injury.  

21 hours ago, sourceworx said:

He took Darron Lee over Paxton Lynch, who most people said should have been the pick. That decision is looking better every week. I'd say that's out-thinking the consensus opinion.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who the Jets should have drafted instead of Lee. 

21 hours ago, sourceworx said:

He took Darron Lee over Paxton Lynch, who most people said should have been the pick. That decision is looking better every week. I'd say that's out-thinking the consensus opinion.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who the Jets should have drafted instead of Lee. 

51 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Same here, I hate when some people try to use future information to justify a pick. I think Lee was the right pick for the situation we were in at the time. We couldn’t cover anyone with our LBs with Harris being so slow so Mac went out and drafted the fastest LB in the country from the best defense in the country. I have no problem with people hating a pick a few years down the line but Mac’s thought process wasn’t flawed.

Heck he even tried to move up for Tunsil so it’s not like he was only locked in on Lee. I do think the Hack and Stewart picks were head scratchers though.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You most certainly brought up Goff and posted some stat.  

He didn't play well against the Giants, screw stupid, mindless stats.  He lost to that horrid team.  He did nothing in the second half vs the Colts, while Darnold answered every Luck score. 

Again, quote all the stats you want.  As I said, stats are no indicative of how he's played.  I like Watson, wanted him.  He's not the same QB as a year ago.  Your tv people, the ones you brought up were discussing teams aren't surprised by him now, they know how to defended him.  Not one claimed he's actually better now than last year before his injury.  

I never compared him to Goff.  Goff had a bad game.  He completed 50% for 200 and was 0/1.  I was asking does he suddenly look lost and ordinary because of one bad game?  The answer is no, just like the answer is no for Watson.

Pretty sure it's a team sport and Watson was carrying his team in all of those game.  Yep, he lost to the Giants.  Their offense had 427 total yards, Watson was responsible for 405 of them but yes, he didnt play well and it's his fault they lost.  We should try this with Sam too because it's fair. 

He had a game winning drive against the Colts just like he did vs the Cowboys but tell me more about how he did nothing in the 2nd half and how he was bad when he again was responsible for 92% of their offensive production.

I have quoted all the stats I want because it proves my point.  So does their 3 game winning streak.  He is the same QB as last year and has improved in almost every statistical category other than TD's.  He's breaking in a brand new OL who cant block yet he's still putting up gaudy numbers as he leads his team on a 3 game win streak and are playing for 1st place in the division on Sunday.

You're right, nobody claimed he was better than last year and nobody in this thread has either.  Just simply proving, he's not "lost and ordinary."  Everyone of them talked about how he was dialed back in and carrying that offense. 

Is Alex Smith the same QB as last year?  He's throw half the amount of TD's, less yard and his comp % is down as well.  

This is the dumbest conversation I've ever been in my life and the person I initiated with has literally changed his stance 25 times to the point where I'm done and now you're putting words in my mouth that were never said.  Feel free to respond. I'll read it but I'm not debating this topic anymore, it's absolutely the dumbest conversation I've ever had. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I never compared him to Goff.  Goff had a bad game.  He completed 50% for 200 and was 0/1.  I was asking does he suddenly look lost and ordinary because of one bad game?  The answer is no, just like the answer is no for Watson.

Pretty sure it's a team sport and Watson was carrying his team in all of those game.  Yep, he lost to the Giants.  Their offense had 427 total yards, Watson was responsible for 405 of them but yes, he didnt play well and it's his fault they lost.  We should try this with Sam too because it's fair. 

He had a game winning drive against the Colts just like he did vs the Cowboys but tell me more about how he did nothing in the 2nd half and how he was bad when he again was responsible for 92% of their offensive production.

I have quoted all the stats I want because it proves my point.  So does their 3 game winning streak.  He is the same QB as last year and has improved in almost every statistical category other than TD's.  He's breaking in a brand new OL who cant block yet he's still putting up gaudy numbers as he leads his team on a 3 game win streak and are playing for 1st place in the division on Sunday.

You're right, nobody claimed he was better than last year and nobody in this thread has either.  Just simply proving, he's not "lost and ordinary."  Everyone of them talked about how he was dialed back in and carrying that offense. 

Is Alex Smith the same QB as last year?  He's throw half the amount of TD's, less yard and his comp % is down as well.  

This is the dumbest conversation I've ever been in my life and the person I initiated with has literally changed his stance 25 times to the point where I'm done and now you're putting words in my mouth that were never said.  Feel free to respond. I'll read it but I'm not debating this topic anymore, it's absolutely the dumbest conversation I've ever had. 

Perfect, you brought up Goff, brought up some stats but didn't?  And to drive it home are comparing them again.  LOL

Whenthe Giants game could have been had Watson did nothing.  Compiling numbers when the game is lost doesn't make his numbers telling.  He played a bad game against the Giants.  This is dumb on any level.  

heres a friendly reminder that the chiefs passed on Hunt, just as all the other 31 teams ,for Tanoh Kpassagnon in the 2nd. what a bunch of dummies. 32 teams passed on him. Mac is an idiot, since 2015 he has passed on:

Marcus Peters, Todd Gurley, david Johnson, tre flowers, stephon digs, dieon jones, Michael Thomas, kevin byard, Yannick Ngakoue, Jordan howard, tyreke hill, pat mahommes, deshean Watson, malik hooker, marshon Lattimore, Alvin kamara, tj watt, adam thelein, cooper kupp, juju smith Schuster...

oh and who got drafted before the Jets selected, Mac should have traded up for.

Mac should have drafted all those guys. what an dummy. he should be fired right now and be replaced with who Tom Shane as GM.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:22 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Understood, but you have to take your shots at taking pass rushers in today's game.  Leonard has been fine, but not drafting anyone who can potentially generate a pass rush has hurt this team more than anything outside of the QB position. 

I understand and agree, Maybe he has been misused, but 6 tackles and 1 sack. IDK how many qb pressures or hits but on a payday yr that seems a little low

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Maye over Schuster, a round after drafting a safety for $100, Alex

The Maccagnan family who posts here would argue we're being nitpicky.  But its certainly not.  You can excuse some bad picks.  You can say we're hindsighting a bit.  But at some point he has to make a good pick.  Maybe even a stellar pick.  Macc's best picks would earn him a B or B- grade at this point.  He doesn't really have any "A" grade picks outside of Darnold (who fell into his lap really), and plenty of D's and F's. 

He simply doesn't do well at the most important job the GM has. 

From my perspective overall the pick in 2016 was actually Deion Jones.  Lee is playing well now, but he is in his third year.   Part of the value of a draft pick, given what they are paid, is how quickly they are good.  Generally, you pick players higher who can contribute right away.  

Deion Jones was a star as a rookie.  Lee is become close to a star in year 3.  

Lee would have been a great 2nd round pick.   But honestly, given the improved play of Lee, it is kind of splitting hairs.

But picks like Devin Smith, Mauldin, Jarvis Harrison, Hack, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett and Donahue, when you look at the players picked after them, are really bad.  One bad pick maybe.  But all of them?  Were they even awake after the 2nd round last year?

On 10/14/2018 at 9:40 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

And it’s one of the dumbest expressions in the English language. Oh really? Can’t talk about that spilt milk huh? You can’t ask what you did to spill it all over the place to make sure you don’t spill milk again in the future? What if some idiot had just run into the kitchen and knocked it out of my hand? Can’t ask that guy what his problem is? Nope, can’t do any of that because it’s already spilt. Just gotta move on with your life in a world where people spill milk all over the god damn place and nobody is allowed to say anything about it.

Sure you can.  But when people KEEP going on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on,

Archived