Jump to content

JetNation Group Outing: Jets \ Vikings Tickets & Tailgate 10/21: New Thread Updated


Maxman

Recommended Posts

Just a quick shout out to say I had a great time meeting everyone, yous are a great lot and it was brilliant to experience a proper tailgate while meeting so many fellow Jets fans. Special shout out to Creepy Lurker who was sat next to me and great craic throughout - apologies if I was a bit quiet, I was pretty sure I was an icicle by that point! 

Shame about the score in the end but brilliant day, can't wait until next time! 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, morny said:

Just a quick shout out to say I had a great time meeting everyone, yous are a great lot and it was brilliant to experience a proper tailgate while meeting so many fellow Jets fans. Special shout out to Creepy Lurker who was sat next to me and great craic throughout - apologies if I was a bit quiet, I was pretty sure I was an icicle by that point! 

Shame about the score in the end but brilliant day, can't wait until next time! 

Great meeting you man. Lot of awesome people on this message board. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tremendous effort by the Maxman team under not ideal conditions. Quite the success. Most appreciated.

Enjoyed meeting those who were there. Great group of people, some who really demonstrated dedication by coming from really far (as in realllllly far). That was one quick 2 1/2 hours. 

Never sat in the lower level before. There was so much "standing, sitting, repeat" that all you had to do was add "kneel" and it would be church :). Some real fans down there.  I liked it.

So when is the next one?

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, Phil for putting together a great gathering.   Kudos for actually finding a way to keep food warm with the ridiculous wind going on.  It was great to meet a bunch of you for the first time and a few for the second time, particularly those who traveled from far to get there (including one across-the-pond hop).  Creepy Lurker isn't actually all that creepy.  Crusher really does look like his avatar but wasn't as good a wind-screen as I hoped :).  And while we are all now sworn to secrecy, it was great to finally meet Kelly and answer the question we've all been asking for over a decade.  Can't wait for the next one.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Never sat in the lower level before. There was so much "standing, sitting, repeat" that all you had to do was add "kneel" and it would be church :)

 

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure there was a lot more fervent praying going on in the stadium yesterday than any church I've been in.  Lot more cursing too.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like to thank Max for putting together an excellent day for everyone who attended. The seats were the closest I’ve ever sat to a Jet game in my life. 

The tailgate was full of awesome people to meet and the food was delicious. I like the sausage and peppers a lot. How Max and company held it together in a wind storm was truly amazing. They even had Flying hot dogs! 

Met a good number of posters there and everyone was a true and genuine Jet fan. Sat next to Nycdan during the game who is an awesome dude and even met Kelly! 

Thanks again to Max and crew for a truly special day. Look forward to the next one .  

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Like to thank Max for putting together an excellent day for everyone who attended. The seats were the closest I’ve ever sat to a Jet game in my life. 

The tailgate was full of awesome people to meet and the food was delicious. I like the sausage and peppers a lot. How Max and company held it together in a wind storm was truly amazing. They even had Flying hot dogs! 

Met a good number of posters there and everyone was a true and genuine Jet fan. Sat next to Nycdan during the game who is an awesome dude and even met Kelly! 

Thanks again to Max and crew for a truly special day. Look forward to the next one .  

Your son is awesome Crusher. I enjoyed all the football talk with him. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Thanks, Phil for putting together a great gathering.   Kudos for actually finding a way to keep food warm with the ridiculous wind going on.  It was great to meet a bunch of you for the first time and a few for the second time, particularly those who traveled from far to get there (including one across-the-pond hop).  Creepy Lurker isn't actually all that creepy.  Crusher really does look like his avatar but wasn't as good a wind-screen as I hoped :).  And while we are all now sworn to secrecy, it was great to finally meet Kelly and answer the question we've all been asking for over a decade.  Can't wait for the next one.

Most of you left by the time Ezra & I got there, but it was great to meet those of you who were around!  Thanks for putting it together, Phil, hopefully I'll catch the rest of you next time!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Like to thank Max for putting together an excellent day for everyone who attended. The seats were the closest I’ve ever sat to a Jet game in my life. 

The tailgate was full of awesome people to meet and the food was delicious. I like the sausage and peppers a lot. How Max and company held it together in a wind storm was truly amazing. They even had Flying hot dogs! 

Met a good number of posters there and everyone was a true and genuine Jet fan. Sat next to Nycdan during the game who is an awesome dude and even met Kelly! 

Thanks again to Max and crew for a truly special day. Look forward to the next one .  

It was great meeting you Crusher. Can't believe Kelly showed up, but have to say I am glad that Kelly was there. We talked about the banning and Kelly said that Kelly will post here again soon. Good news.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to do a full thank you post and a recap. But I took off today and I have a car and the RV to unload right now.

Great day despite the game. Everyone was so nice, pretty cool. Full recap later but thank you all so much.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

It was great meeting you Crusher. Can't believe Kelly showed up, but have to say I am glad that Kelly was there. We talked about the banning and Kelly said that Kelly will post here again soon. Good news.

Not what I was expecting with  Kelly. Not at all. Truly a pleasant surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD FUN

 

stadium%20fire.jpg
 
Firefighters had to put out not one but two different fires that started when drivers parked near hot coals dumped after tailgating at the New York Jets game Sunday. Photo: Meadowlands Fire Department/Facebook

Hot coals set 7 cars on fire during Jets, Vikings game

5 hours ago
By 
  • Natalie Dreier, Cox Media Group National Content ...
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — 

Tailgating has left more than half a dozen cars burnt to a crisp outside Sunday’s New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings game.

New Jersey State Police say hot coals from grills set seven cars on fire in MetLife Stadium’s parking lot.

 

The cars involved were part of two different fires, WNBC reported.

One fire was started when a driver parked where tailgaters dumped coals from their grill earlier in the day, State Trooper Alejandro Goez told NJ.com.

A second car parked on hot coals in another part of the parking lot. It was that fire that caught five other vehicles on fire.

 

>> Read more trending news 

No one was in any of the cars that were burned and no one was hur

This isn’t the first time it has happened either. Goez told NJ.com said that it has happened before at the stadium and he reminded football fans to be careful when finding a spot that could be on top of hot coals. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD FUN

 

stadium%20fire.jpg
 
Firefighters had to put out not one but two different fires that started when drivers parked near hot coals dumped after tailgating at the New York Jets game Sunday. Photo: Meadowlands Fire Department/Facebook

Hot coals set 7 cars on fire during Jets, Vikings game

5 hours ago
By 
  • Natalie Dreier, Cox Media Group National Content ...
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — 

Tailgating has left more than half a dozen cars burnt to a crisp outside Sunday’s New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings game.

New Jersey State Police say hot coals from grills set seven cars on fire in MetLife Stadium’s parking lot.

 

The cars involved were part of two different fires, WNBC reported.

One fire was started when a driver parked where tailgaters dumped coals from their grill earlier in the day, State Trooper Alejandro Goez told NJ.com.

A second car parked on hot coals in another part of the parking lot. It was that fire that caught five other vehicles on fire.

 

>> Read more trending news 

No one was in any of the cars that were burned and no one was hur

This isn’t the first time it has happened either. Goez told NJ.com said that it has happened before at the stadium and he reminded football fans to be careful when finding a spot that could be on top of hot coals. 

With that wind we are fortunate every car in New jersey didn't catch on fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I somehow missed the group photo but I prefer to fly under the radar for lurking purposes. Their’s always next year. I highly recommend going to anyone on the site. Great group of people. 

It was great meeting you! I seriously don't know where the hell everyone was for the photo. We sold 41 tickets to the game and we had just about 50 total for the tailgate. There are 21 people in the photo lol.

Next year Crusher is going to round everyone up for the photo. He is much louder than I am.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry this is late, but I wanted to thank everyone for coming to this. Despite the outcome of the game, I had a great time. Hopefully everyone else did as well. We had 50 this year on relatively short notice. 
The winds were so bad. We got there and were in the lot by 8:02am (lot opens at 8). Parked in our normal spot and the RV was rocking. Not the don't come a knocking type of rocking lol. More like the winds are insane right now kind. We had it all planned out, setting up the TV for the game in Europe, music, several tables and snacks were set up before anyone else got there.
Then the wind didn't let up. We knew we couldn't put out the awning on the RV or any of the pop up canopies \ tents. What we weren't counting on was that anything under 10lbs would blow away. People in the lot came up to us and said they weren't even going to try and tailgate. After a little while it was obvious that our current setup would not work. So we moved everything in front of the RV so we had a little break from the wind. Not much but it helped, the grills finally stayed lit. We had full trays of food on the sternos lift up and blow away.
I really want to thank everyone for showing up. It was great meeting you all. Sorry I didn't have more time to talk and hang out. Well, more like you are welcome you got a break from me.    We were able to have a mod meeting with Dan and Crusher in the house. Baby Crusher should be playing for the Jets. Such a nice kid but I wouldn't get in his way on the football field! 

If anyone has photos they want to add to the gallery you can email them to me or just post them in this thread and I will upload them. Here is the photo gallery and enjoy the picture of Crusher and I holding a cake. There is a more private cake photo available for premium members.
[/url] large_4167.jpeg.ae970ce4e4f6c21588f6230cb43dcd73.jpeg
large.IMG_20181021_112750217_HDR.jpg.d7abcf066d64bd9715e96b52fb4bcff0.jpg
 
I would like to do this again next year, and plan it well in advance. Let's get 150+ there. That would be pretty cool. Maybe the second home game of the year, in September. We have time to plan all that out.
I don't have everyone's usernames. I have real life names for some people and I don't want to post them here. And I don't know where everyone else was for the group picture. I know I am leaving some people out, sorry! But thank you to:
[mention=9173]The Crusher[/mention] [mention=28259]Barkus[/mention] [mention=28731]Dunnie[/mention] [mention=32568]morny[/mention] [mention=5401]Panzer Division Marduk[/mention] [mention=19955]courtnj18[/mention] [mention=6006]De-Jet-Erate/Duane[/mention] [mention=32841]Creepy Lurker[/mention] [mention=32104]The Crimson King[/mention] [mention=28455]FidelioJet[/mention] [mention=6105]kelly[/mention] [mention=29156]ID.[/mention] [mention=9609]joewilly12[/mention] [mention=6663]Doggin94it[/mention] [mention=32239]jetsfansince7[/mention] [mention=9236]nycdan[/mention] [mention=28529]Flushing Roots[/mention] [mention=26757]section314[/mention]  [mention=5329]tommccabe[/mention] [mention=28455]FidelioJet[/mention]
 
 

Thank you very much. Yeah the weather wasn’t great but the Jets spirit was flying high. Look forward to next! The Walton’s.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry this is late, but I wanted to thank everyone for coming to this. Despite the outcome of the game, I had a great time. Hopefully everyone else did as well. We had 50 this year on relatively short notice. 
The winds were so bad. We got there and were in the lot by 8:02am (lot opens at 8). Parked in our normal spot and the RV was rocking. Not the don't come a knocking type of rocking lol. More like the winds are insane right now kind. We had it all planned out, setting up the TV for the game in Europe, music, several tables and snacks were set up before anyone else got there.
Then the wind didn't let up. We knew we couldn't put out the awning on the RV or any of the pop up canopies \ tents. What we weren't counting on was that anything under 10lbs would blow away. People in the lot came up to us and said they weren't even going to try and tailgate. After a little while it was obvious that our current setup would not work. So we moved everything in front of the RV so we had a little break from the wind. Not much but it helped, the grills finally stayed lit. We had full trays of food on the sternos lift up and blow away.
I really want to thank everyone for showing up. It was great meeting you all. Sorry I didn't have more time to talk and hang out. Well, more like you are welcome you got a break from me.    We were able to have a mod meeting with Dan and Crusher in the house. Baby Crusher should be playing for the Jets. Such a nice kid but I wouldn't get in his way on the football field! 

If anyone has photos they want to add to the gallery you can email them to me or just post them in this thread and I will upload them. Here is the photo gallery and enjoy the picture of Crusher and I holding a cake. There is a more private cake photo available for premium members.
[/url] large_4167.jpeg.ae970ce4e4f6c21588f6230cb43dcd73.jpeg
large.IMG_20181021_112750217_HDR.jpg.d7abcf066d64bd9715e96b52fb4bcff0.jpg
 
I would like to do this again next year, and plan it well in advance. Let's get 150+ there. That would be pretty cool. Maybe the second home game of the year, in September. We have time to plan all that out.
I don't have everyone's usernames. I have real life names for some people and I don't want to post them here. And I don't know where everyone else was for the group picture. I know I am leaving some people out, sorry! But thank you to:
[mention=9173]The Crusher[/mention] [mention=28259]Barkus[/mention] [mention=28731]Dunnie[/mention] [mention=32568]morny[/mention] [mention=5401]Panzer Division Marduk[/mention] [mention=19955]courtnj18[/mention] [mention=6006]De-Jet-Erate/Duane[/mention] [mention=32841]Creepy Lurker[/mention] [mention=32104]The Crimson King[/mention] [mention=28455]FidelioJet[/mention] [mention=6105]kelly[/mention] [mention=29156]ID.[/mention] [mention=9609]joewilly12[/mention] [mention=6663]Doggin94it[/mention] [mention=32239]jetsfansince7[/mention] [mention=9236]nycdan[/mention] [mention=28529]Flushing Roots[/mention] [mention=26757]section314[/mention]  [mention=5329]tommccabe[/mention] [mention=28455]FidelioJet[/mention]
 
 

Thank you very much. Yeah the weather wasn’t great but the Jets spirit was flying high. Look forward to next! The Walton’s.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

It was great meeting you! I seriously don't know where the hell everyone was for the photo. We sold 41 tickets to the game and we had just about 50 total for the tailgate. There are 21 people in the photo lol.

Next year Crusher is going to round everyone up for the photo. He is much louder than I am.

To be fair I was expecting the group photo to be inside the RV and  covered in cake.  My bad boss!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Awesome food, awesome time playing cornhole in 100 mph winds ... If it was warmer would have loved to met more.guys ... We got a good crew here ...Nephews had a blast.fb7a541a405778ebfcb868a43de9edaa.jpg&key=4f926f22e67797173bc95cd39e4a35f531307d2a098cd658a71e08d7e0008052

 

Thanks Max !

 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

It was great meeting you guys. Everyone was so nice. Which means, wait, could it be that Jets fans are actually nice people? No, say it isn't so lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair I was expecting the group photo to be inside the RV and  covered in cake.  My bad boss!

No it is fine. I just wish all those people weren't in the RV while you were getting ready. No worries though, I have signed consent forms from most of them. Looks like the lawsuit damage will be minimal.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2018 at 10:02 PM, Maxman said:

Sorry this is late, but I wanted to thank everyone for coming to this. Despite the outcome of the game, I had a great time...

Phil,

  Thank you so much for putting this all together!  It was great meeting & talking to you and the other JN posters.   My brothers and I had an awesome time.

Food was great, plenty of beer (drank a lot), loved the TV setup of the RV.  Wish I could have stayed longer to meet some other folks, but I was just too cold.

Looking forward to next years tailgate!

 

Thanks again,

Steve

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...