Jets + 3 vs Vikings

Maxman

This will be another shootout. Theilen and Diggs could both have 100 yd games. 

Vikes secondary has been bad

vikes oline is shaky too and they have no run game

cousins is prone to turnovers, that could be the difference in the game. Will need some big plays from the d.

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

This will be another shootout. Theilen and Diggs could both have 100 yd games. 

Vikes secondary has been bad

vikes oline is shaky too and they have no run game

cousins is prone to turnovers, that could be the difference in the game. Will need some big plays from the d.

They ran the ball rather well today. Murray had over 150 I believe 

This Vikings team is going to be a very tough game for us.  They are not "average" - they have had some injuries, and will likely have Dalvin Cook back and healthy next sunday.

We will need to generate turnovers and score 28 to have a shot here - both of which are actually possible.

So does this team have more talent than people expected and thus Macc has done a better job than people thought? Or is the talent bad on this team and Bowles is a better coach than people give him credit for? The Jets were expected to have a top 5 draft. That may still be the case but it doesn’t look like it right now.

I came into the season thinking we are slightly below average all around or about a 7 win team. So far, that doesn’t seem too far off. But the team is trending better than I expected. The defense isn’t as good as I expected but the offense is better than I expected. Particularly the run game. Although the run game is pretty volatile game to game.

For the record, I never wanted Kirk Cousins. Kirk Cousins is a career 1-4 at MetLife Stadium. Take a look below.

Kirk Cousins in 5 career starts at MetLife
Record: 1-4
Cmp 115
Att 213
Cmp Pct. 53.99%
Yards 1,135
TD's 4
Int's 9
Y/A 5.33
Sck/Yds Lost 10 for 61 yds

A real gamer in New York.

Trumaine better get back so he can pad his stats. Chokesins is coming to town.

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

So does this team have more talent than people expected and thus Macc has done a better job than people thought? Or is the talent bad on this team and Bowles is a better coach than people give him credit for? The Jets were expected to have a top 5 draft. That may still be the case but it doesn’t look like it right now.

I came into the season thinking we are slightly below average all around or about a 7 win team. So far, that doesn’t seem too far off. But the team is trending better than I expected. The defense isn’t as good as I expected but the offense is better than I expected. Particularly the run game. Although the run game is pretty volatile game to game.

IN certain areas. Their run defense has been not as good as I thought it would be. Their coverage is meh (mainly Johnson who has been a bust) However they have forced turnovers and despite yesterday, their pass rush has been better than expected

This is why you can't evaluate a team's schedule strength until you've gotten a few weeks into the season and the coaches know what they have. 

Minnesota was labeled as a top 3 defense entering the season, yet here we are coming off Week 6, and they rank 17th in yards allowed per game, 20th in passing yards allowed per game, and are t-18th in points allowed per game.

7 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I don't see how we stop Thielen and Diggs.  Like, at all.

The league changes week to week. Who thought we would run for 300+ yards against the leagues best defense supposedly, and then run for under 100 against a crappy defense yesterday supposedly?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Before Rex, elite defense.

Rex arrives they totally tank.

After Rex, back to being a really good defense.

They did have a bunch of injuries and they were never under .500 in a full season with Rex.  If relatively healthy Buffalo makes the playoffs under Rex.  

It must have been fun for you to watch Rex outcoached Bowles in 2015 to keep us out of the playoffs

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

I watched that game, cousins was under pressure whole game and had several turnovers, incl strip sack.

I watched it too wife my wife ( The Bills fan). Couldn't believe what I was seeing. They ain't done diddly doo since.

Archived