Excluding Darnold, Top 10 Jets who have played better than I expected so far

Sarge4Tide

Maye, too. He's been a heavy hitter and excellent tackler. He was great last season, but seems to me to have stepped it up a notch this year. I think he's an underrated force on the defense. Same for the NT rotation : Pennell seems to routinely upset the opponent's interior running attack. He's a nice surprise, too.

I expected more from Pryor. 

Lee should be there. Most wanted to trade him for a bag footballs. He has played well. 

I expected #33 to be good. 

Crowell might be an honarable mention. Same with Carpenter. I thought Carpenter was going to be a disaster in our ZBS.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not surprised that Claiborne is playing well, but I am surprised that he is tackling people in the run game. I wonder if being labelled soft hurt him trying to get  multi-year deal this offseason.

He always had talent, he was just always hurt.    He has been healthy and now is playing really well, like a former 1st round draft pick.

12 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He always had talent, he was just always hurt.    He has been healthy and now is playing really well, like a former 1st round draft pick.

Top 10!  Another 6th overall. 

10 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Claiborne has been a beast for us. He might be Macc's best FA acquisition. It was a great decision to take a chance on him.

Pryor is very talented. I'm glad he's starting to take on a bigger role in the offense.

I wouldn't pat him on the back much for it, the guy has been on 2 1-year deals.  He is a UFA again this offseason. 

As for Pryor, it is nice that he is showing some life, but he only took on a bigger role because Enunwa went down. He actually played the exact same number (and a higher percentage) of offensive snaps week 2 and week 3.  People think he played more against Denver because he caught the TD, but his snap count was actually pretty low.  

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I expected more from Pryor. 

Lee should be there. Most wanted to trade him for a bag footballs. He has played well. 

I expected #33 to be good. 

Crowell might be an honarable mention. Same with Carpenter. I thought Carpenter was going to be a disaster in our ZBS.

I think expecting more from Pyror was the Redskins problem. He is a big bodied WR that can make some plays, but is still a QB that converted to WR and the game just doesn't come naturally to him. If you ask him to make an occasional play, he will. If you ask him to be your #1 WR you will be disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s the only Jets player in the “High Quality” category.. lay off him. He’s played very well aside from a few plays in coverage. 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 INT, 1 Sack and 42 tackles. 

Guy has been making plays...

All-Pro at the LOS, UDFA in coverage.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

All-Pro at the LOS, UDFA in coverage.

That’s one way to put it but I wouldn’t say UDFA in coverage. Coverage has gotten better. I seen him get burned twice though. I don’t like it but I think that putting his coverage under a microscope every Sunday is largely just a tactic to monitor when it’s appropriate to trash the guy because he’s made good plays in coverage as well but they rarely get brought up unless it’s in the moment and in the game thread.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Top 10!  Another 6th overall. 

I wouldn't pat him on the back much for it, the guy has been on 2 1-year deals.  He is a UFA again this offseason.

Even if he left after this year, it would be for big money, so it would be a 2 year player that cost very moderate salary that netted a comp pick at the end.

Archived