Mike Mccagnan in our section

Dcat

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Chris Johnson kicked him out of the owner's box for 1 quarter as a penalty for drafting Ardarius Stewart 

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Chris Johnson kicked him out of the owner's box for 1 quarter as a penalty for drafting Ardarius Stewart 

Or maybe he pulled a George Bush and couldn't find the right door?

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you buy him a beer? 

I would have offered if given the chance.  He was very engaged with the two men he was visiting, one a very old timer wearing an old Section 111 tan and green hat (Section 111 were the best seats behind the Jets bench at the old dump of a stadium) and what looked to be his son/relative accompanying him.  Before he left he gave them both a big hug and chit chatted with other fans (as seen in my photo).  

It's the first time I have seen him without a cup of coffee in his hand.

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Boy it's looking like the Sammy D. move is really saving Mac at this point. It may even be saving Bowles. 

Yup - They’re both likely coming back if the team plays at this level (.500ish football with progress from Darnold) and that’s scary because Mac has had four drafts and outside of the 1st round, most of his picks don’t contribute on the Jets or elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Yup - They’re both likely coming back if the team plays at this level (.500ish football with progress from Darnold) and that’s scary because Mac has had four drafts and outside of the 1st round, most of his picks don’t contribute on the Jets or elsewhere.

True, but at the current moment, you could argue that all four 1st round picks, Williams, Lee, Adams and Darnold are playing tremendous football.  That would have been blasphemy back in August.  Add in a few more moves like Henry Anderson, Kearse as part of the Sheldon trade, Shell in the 5th, and Robby Anderson as UDFA, and suddenly, Macc's fingerprints don't look completely smudged on this team.  There's a lot to criticize, but he might turn out to be a little better at this than most of us thought a few months ago.

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I would have offered if given the chance.  He was very engaged with the two men he was visiting, one a very old timer wearing an old Section 111 tan and green hat (Section 111 were the best seats behind the Jets bench at the old dump of a stadium) and what looked to be his son/relative accompanying him.  Before he left he gave them both a big hug and chit chatted with other fans (as seen in my photo).  

must have Ira from Staten island or SARI

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

True, but at the current moment, you could argue that all four 1st round picks, Williams, Lee, Adams and Darnold are playing tremendous football.  That would have been blasphemy back in August.  Add in a few more moves like Henry Anderson, Kearse as part of the Sheldon trade, Shell in the 5th, and Robby Anderson as UDFA, and suddenly, Macc's fingerprints don't look completely smudged on this team.  There's a lot to criticize, but he might turn out to be a little better at this than most of us thought a few months ago.

You better be careful with stuff like this. You're gonna get banned.?

49 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Some people disagree with me, but I like the way he runs the business. We're further from the circus as we've been in forever (baring some shortcomings from Todd on discipline in the locker room).... I just wish to fickle feck he would put his pride aside, and hire an eliot wolf type personnel guy to run his war room. I don't know why he wouldn't want to... Like who wants Hackenberg and Stewart on their resume? Like cmon macc, just make the move and turn the steering over. no one's gonna hold it against you. 

59 minutes ago, nycdan said:

brandon shell is the starting RT.  herndon caught a td pass yesterday and parry nickerson is filling in fine for a 6th round rookie cb.  maye is good.  

6 hours ago, nycdan said:

the thing is the draft picks outside of the first round haven't worked out very well.  maye is looking pretty good as is jenkins, edwards and even shell.  that means 8 players out of the 22 starters were drafted by mac.  two were drafted by idzik. the rest are somewhat so-so. 

of course the jury on bowles can go either way.  one way is that bowles really is a good coach because he now has a team doing pretty well without a whole lot of good players or that bowles is horrible at bringing rookies to the next level.  no telling which way is the right way.

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the thing is the draft picks outside of the first round haven't worked out very well.  maye is looking pretty good as is jenkins, edwards and even shell.  that means 8 players out of the 22 starters were drafted by mac.  two were drafted by idzik. the rest are somewhat so-so. 

of course the jury on bowles can go either way.  one way is that bowles really is a good coach because he now has a team doing pretty well without a whole lot of good players or that bowles is horrible at bringing rookies to the next level.  no telling which way is the right way.

At least Macc didn't have to follow a tough act.  Only 3 starters (Powell, Winters, Enunwa) were drafted by the Jets prior to Macc's first year.  Not sure how that compares across the league but it feel pretty awful to me.

And technically if you are crediting Macc for starters, you should include Robby Anderson and probably Herndon, who is likely our best TE now.  Still not a great draft record.

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

Some people disagree with me, but I like the way he runs the business. We're further from the circus as we've been in forever (baring some shortcomings from Todd on discipline in the locker room).... I just wish to fickle feck he would put his pride aside, and hire an eliot wolf type personnel guy to run his war room. I don't know why he wouldn't want to... Like who wants Hackenberg and Stewart on their resume? Like cmon macc, just make the move and turn the steering over. no one's gonna hold it against you. 

That's what good leaders do.  Know their weaknesses and put smart people around them to cover those weaknesses.

Perfect case scenario is Macc gets some trumped up title and runs that side of the house and Heimerdinger takes over as GM and is in charge of the draft etc.

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

"old dump of a stadium"??? If you are referring to Giants stadium, outside of the name on the building (which of course we all hated) everything else about that stadium was much better than the venetian blind/psl stadium. Great sight lines, and twice as loud due to three levels stacked one over the other instead of spread back. Everyone was in there seats cheering, not in a club and don't even get me started on the fun had at the ramps!

14 hours ago, TeddEY said:

even though he's ultimately responsible he should be taking a good look at his scouting dept since they are the ones who rate the players

10 hours ago, nycdan said:

At least Macc didn't have to follow a tough act.  Only 3 starters (Powell, Winters, Enunwa) were drafted by the Jets prior to Macc's first year.  Not sure how that compares across the league but it feel pretty awful to me.

And technically if you are crediting Macc for starters, you should include Robby Anderson and probably Herndon, who is likely our best TE now.  Still not a great draft record.

i thought about including robbie and even herndon.  robbie was a free agent and herndon is still very much a rookie same thing with sheppard.  as you say we don't know how this all plays out league wide but only having 11 or so starters in 6 drafts doesn't seem very good.  but mac has brought in some free agents who have performed, at least for one season.

we'll see.  i've always believed a team will develop their own players(free agents and draftees) and they will all look that much better if they play as a team.

Archived