OLB Brandon Copeland

Saul Goodman

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

He has some talent. Flashed with some big plays several times this year, and looks pretty quick and athletic.

Didn’t see any other threads on him. Anyone know anything about him?

Can't help at all but I'm interested in what others have to say.

He's an Ivy League DE out of UPenn.  Hit up @Lith Isn't he a Wharton guy?  He fizzled out as an UFA, and then showed really well at one of the veteran combines.  He played every game for the Lions in 2015 and 2016.  He was mostly specials/rotational, but supposed to compete to start in 2017, particularly with Hyder down.  Kind of a DE/OLB hybrid, even 5 years out of college they weren't sure where he fit.  He tore his pec and missed the season.  

Here is a scouting report: Scouting Brandon Copeland

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He's an Ivy League DE out of UPenn.  Hit up @Lith Isn't he a Wharton guy?  He fizzled out as an UFA, and then showed really well at one of the veteran combines.  He played every game for the Lions in 2015 and 2016.  He was mostly specials/rotational, but supposed to compete to start in 2017, particularly with Hyder down.  Kind of a DE/OLB hybrid, even 5 years out of college they weren't sure where he fit.  He tore his pec and missed the season.  

Here is a scouting report: Scouting Brandon Copeland

Can't reallly tell you any more about Copeland beyond what you have above.  With degrees from both Wharton and UGA, Georgia gets top billing on college football Saturdays (Wharton gets top billing Monday - Friday).  I have been following Penn more closely last couple of years, but really knew little about Copeland other than what I read after we signed him this summer.

Archived