Vikings fan here just wanting to talk game this weekend!

Vikingfan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Big game for Vikings after a sluggish start to the season.  Not real familiar with Jets besides rookie QB looking good to start season.  Vikings have weapons on O especially Thielen and Diggs.  If Cook is back from injury (hamstring) he adds a lot at RB though Murray is good.  Our weakness on O is our line.  Getting better but can be exposed.  

Our D is slowly getting back to form.  Started out slow giving up several big plays in first 4 games.  Griffin our best DE is out with mental issues and we just lost rookie CB Hughes with an ACL.  

Hoping for a great game with no injuries!  What can we expect from the Jets?

Thanks for the friendly chat.  I think the Vikes win a close one.

Random question - have you seen a Jet Nation user named Tom Shane wandering around the Minnesota area the past month or so?

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Expect us to lose but we’ll try to lose in a low scoring game. 

#Bowles

I gotta admit I'm feeling comfortable in the fact that the Jets are going to continue to be aggressive on offense.  I think they realize that they have the perfect QB and are going to utilize him to the fullest.  Being realistic with the injuries the Jets are probably going to lose but they're going to put up points.

3 hours ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Big game for Vikings after a sluggish start to the season.  Not real familiar with Jets besides rookie QB looking good to start season.  Vikings have weapons on O especially Thielen and Diggs.  If Cook is back from injury (hamstring) he adds a lot at RB though Murray is good.  Our weakness on O is our line.  Getting better but can be exposed.  

Our D is slowly getting back to form.  Started out slow giving up several big plays in first 4 games.  Griffin our best DE is out with mental issues and we just lost rookie CB Hughes with an ACL.  

The Vikings obviously have the edge.  As a jet fan we finally have some hope because we finally have a QB.  However we are missing Enunwa and Marcus maye.  You guys were gonna be tough regardless but I’m just hoping for a hard fought game

Patriot Killa, might be a smart move with the Diggs pickup.  I’m guessing defenses will start tending a bit more to Thielen, justifiably, which will mean Diggsy should get more looks.  Pick your poison with those two for defenses really.  Best one two punch in Vikings history if you take out the Randy Moss years in my humble opinion.  

TuscanyTile2, nope I do not know a Tom Shane.  My name is Jared Jacobs.  I’m a Realtor in Rochester, MN.  Great town to invest in if anyone might be interested.  Oh yeah, we have a place called the Mayo Clinic in case anyone’s ever heard of it.  I certainly hope none of you fine folks ever have to visit us for that reason but you’ll be in good hands if you do!

I’ve watched several of the vikes games. Best chance for jets to win is to get cousins to turn over the ball. As mentioned he is vulnerable to strip sacks and can throw picks in bunches. Jets secondary is banged up. I can easily see cousins throwing for over 350 yds and 3 tds.

sheldon richardson has been invisible in the games I’ve watched. What do u think about him Vikingsfan?

3 hours ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Image result for skol vikings pics

Most of the things I would have said have already been touched on. Personally I expect the Vikings to put up a lot of points on us and win fairly easily but if we can keep up our recent wave of forcing turnovers it could be a wild card. It's possible the Jets players will be really amped up over the whole Cousins snub situation - I don't know if Bowles likes to use stuff like that as motivation but it certainly would be a good time to try and get the team amped up over being disrespected. Last thing I haven't seen mentioned is that our normal DC hasn't been calling plays the past 2 weeks due to health issues. He's been cleared to come back, but I think a lot of fans would prefer Bowles continue to call the D. Who knows how that scenario will play out.

How have the Vikings been playing on the road? What can we expect from their pass defense?

32 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

Patriot Killa, might be a smart move with the Diggs pickup.  I’m guessing defenses will start tending a bit more to Thielen, justifiably, which will mean Diggsy should get more looks.  Pick your poison with those two for defenses really.  Best one two punch in Vikings history if you take out the Randy Moss years in my humble opinion.  

Thielen is having an amazing year.  I drafted him on my fantasy team with Diggs on the board and wrestled with which one to take as they were ranked close.  Man, did I ever make the right choice!  What he's doing right now with 6 consecutive 100-yard games is ridiculous.

Having said that, You cannot even remotely compare them to Moss/Carter.  That pair was possibly the greatest to ever play side by side.  

NYCDan, I certainly agree regarding Moss/Carter.  That’s why I took out anyone playing with Moss.  That man playing with anyone could be legitimately looked at as a top 1/2 Vikings punch.  I think the big play ability of either Diggs or Thielen is better than Carter ever was.  Carter was an awesome possession receiver!  HOF

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Thielen is having an amazing year.  I drafted him on my fantasy team with Diggs on the board and wrestled with which one to take as they were ranked close.  Man, did I ever make the right choice!  What he's doing right now with 6 consecutive 100-yard games is ridiculous.

Having said that, You cannot even remotely compare them to Moss/Carter.  That pair was possibly the greatest to ever play side by side.  

Who else is in the conversation? Seems like a lock to me.

Barry McCockinner, Vikes have played lights out offensively on the road so far.  Pass defense has been getting better but not near where we were at last year.

Regarding Moss/Carter:  I don’t disagree at all with this combo.  My only point was this combo, in my opinion, was heavy Moss.  The Diggs/Thielen combo is very equal in my opinion.  Having said this, I’m certainly not calling them HOF as of yet by any stretch. 

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Who else is in the conversation? Seems like a lock to me.

Well, the other Moss (Santana) and Justin McCareins aside? 

I guess you could make an argument for Rice and Owens but their peaks didn't really overlap.

1 hour ago, Vikingfan said:

Long Island Leprechaun, where did you grow up on the iron range?  I’ve been up that way many times.

Aurora Hoyt-Lakes on the Eastern end of the range. Have lots of family there and in Minneapolis (Blaine). Manage to get back up North once a year. Fishing, canoeing, sailing... snowmobiling in the winter... my brother has a nice cabin on a lake where we usually stay. Quite a change from Manhattan!

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Aurora Hoyt-Lakes on the Eastern end of the range. Have lots of family there and in Minneapolis (Blaine). Manage to get back up North once a year. Fishing, canoeing, sailing... snowmobiling in the winter... my brother has a nice cabin on a lake where we usually stay. Quite a change from Manhattan!

I cannot imagine what it’s like in Manhattan! Yes, quite a change indeed.  I’ve heard of your area up there.

Welcome VikingFan….  I think your pretty safe here unless you are a patriots fan or kiss bill belichick's ring like Clemenza did to Michael Corleone!  Otherwise you might be swimming with the fishes like Luca Brasi!

I do hope we have a good game though.  I have a feeling the game will be tight but Darnold will play the best game of his early career and we take the game.  Good Luck.

5 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Welcome VikingFan….  I think your pretty safe here unless you are a patriots fan or kiss bill belichick's ring like Clemenza did to Michael Corleone!  Otherwise you might be swimming with the fishes like Luca Brasi!

I do hope we have a good game though.  I have a feeling the game will be tight but Darnold will play the best game of his early career and we take the game.  Good Luck.

I cannot imagine being a fan of a team in the same division as the damn Patriots!!  How does one make it through that year after year?

Archived