Vikings fan here just wanting to talk game this weekend!

Vikingfan

For me its pretty simple.....  Im seriously hoping if the season goes south that they sign the Undertaker and Hulk Hogan for one game.  The Undertaker could pile drive Brady into the turf and Hulk can drop the big leg on him right afterward.... Oh, lets not forget about the copious amounts of Knob Creek I consume during football season!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

For me its pretty simple.....  Im seriously hoping if the season goes south that they sign the Undertaker and Hulk Hogan for one game.  The Undertaker could pile drive Brady into the turf and Hulk can drop the big leg on him right afterward.... Oh, lets not forget about the copious amounts of Knob Creek I consume during football season!

Dude, I cannot imagine!  We've had the whole Favre/Rodgers duo in our division and that's bad enough. 

1 hour ago, Vikingfan said:

TuscanyTile2, nope I do not know a Tom Shane.  My name is Jared Jacobs.  I’m a Realtor in Rochester, MN.  Great town to invest in if anyone might be interested.  Oh yeah, we have a place called the Mayo Clinic in case anyone’s ever heard of it.  I certainly hope none of you fine folks ever have to visit us for that reason but you’ll be in good hands if you do!

Stayed there for a business trip (Hormel Foods) about 5 years ago.  Flew into Minneapolis and drove to Rochester, it was straight out of the movie Fargo...  

Late January and the ambient temperature was -27 Fahrenheit, all the cars in the hotel parking lot had engine block warmers.  Didn’t know what the hell they were ?

@The Crusher  FYI - it’s the home of the SPAM® Museum

8 minutes ago, ID. said:

Stayed there for a business trip (Hormel Foods) about 5 years ago.  Flew into Minneapolis and drove to Rochester, it was straight out of the movie Fargo...  

Late January and the ambient temperature was -27 Fahrenheit, all the cars in the hotel parking lot had engine block warmers.  Didn’t know what the hell they were ?

@The Crusher  FYI - it’s the home of the SPAM® Museum

Yes, it’s cold here that time of year!  They put a roof over our stadium for a very good reason!

2 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

Yes, it’s cold here that time of year!  They put a roof over our stadium for a very good reason!

Indeed...  Beautiful in the summer months, though.    Here’s to a close and injury free game this Sunday!

Cheers!

Very trappy sort of game for the Vikings and Darnold right is a bit of an enigma to game plan for since he has been successful with 2 very different offensive focuses the last 2 weeks. That said Darnold has gotten much more aggressive the last 2 weeks and he continues he could have a come back to earth game. Should be an interesting one.

7 hours ago, ID. said:

Rookie ?

But yes, -27F is cold even by our (og Vikings) standards 

I got to visit Minnesota in August and I was really fond of it. Everyone was really nice. I had a juicy lucy and some walleye. 

Re fantasy, Dalvin Cook was my RB1 and he has been killing me the entire season. I hope he doesn't wake up this week. Also, I hope you guys don't resign Anthony Barr so the Jets can have a shot at him. 

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

In all honesty, I think we lose but we do have a chance.

I mean, we don’t know which Jet team will show up. Could be the team that beat Detroit, Denver and Indy by scores of 48, 34 and 42 but we could also show up as the team that lost to the Browns, Dolphins and Jags.

The Jets Defense has been pretty alright but I don’t know how they play against a guy like Kirk Cousins.(especially with Tru out and now Maye) He will be the most competent QB WITH weapons that we have played up until this point. Luck had no one to help him and he still threw for 4 TD’s despite the 3 INT’s we got off of him.

Sam has to play just as well as he has the past two weeks. We’ll have to score 28 on offense alone to really secure a game like this. This has to be a TEAM win on all levels to beat the Vikings.

definitely the toughest team we have had to face up until this point.

I was just gonna say that. We could give the Viks a good game or they could mop the field up with us. We got some key players out this week. Hoping for the former. 

11 hours ago, Vikingfan said:

TuscanyTile2, nope I do not know a Tom Shane.  My name is Jared Jacobs.  I’m a Realtor in Rochester, MN.  Great town to invest in if anyone might be interested.  Oh yeah, we have a place called the Mayo Clinic in case anyone’s ever heard of it.  I certainly hope none of you fine folks ever have to visit us for that reason but you’ll be in good hands if you do!

My father had open heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic back in August.  Top notch place to go.  I heard the restaurant choice near the hospital are awful but I guess if you go a little bit further away they are better.  

My top 2 picks in fantasy this year have combined for 27 points so far this season. I’m completely exasperated.

The reason I bring that up in this thread is because the guy responsible for the 27 points is Dalvin Cook (LeVeon is the other). Every week I’m pissed off at both of them. This week though, I’m rooting for a big fat goose egg.

Welcome to the board. Don’t hurt Sam, we won’t hurt you!

12 hours ago, Vikingfan said:

Barkus, I think Sheldon Richardson is having a solid year but nothing that has stood out.  I hope to hear his name a lot more as the season progresses.

I am surprised there is not more shelly talk in the news, guess it's because he has not been much of a factor (looked great his rookie year and then not so much)  

17 hours ago, Vikingfan said:

I come in peace!

Big game for Vikings after a sluggish start to the season.  Not real familiar with Jets besides rookie QB looking good to start season.  Vikings have weapons on O especially Thielen and Diggs.  If Cook is back from injury (hamstring) he adds a lot at RB though Murray is good.  Our weakness on O is our line.  Getting better but can be exposed.  

Our D is slowly getting back to form.  Started out slow giving up several big plays in first 4 games.  Griffin our best DE is out with mental issues and we just lost rookie CB Hughes with an ACL.  

Hoping for a great game with no injuries!  What can we expect from the Jets?

Welcome! 

The Vikings have looked so much better these last two weeks! The last I checked I think you guys had the 6th best passing offense in the league. That's probably too much for the Jets... And if Cook comes back strong and healthy that makes things even more difficult.

Hoping the Jets can keep it close and maybe a good (or bad depending on your perspective) bounce decides the game late... But the Vikings just have so many weapons out there on offense, and they're all starting to click.

9 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Very trappy sort of game for the Vikings and Darnold right is a bit of an enigma to game plan for since he has been successful with 2 very different offensive focuses the last 2 weeks. That said Darnold has gotten much more aggressive the last 2 weeks and he continues he could have a come back to earth game. Should be an interesting one.

I would agree except they fell for the "trap" against the Bills a few weeks back and I don't see that happening again this year.  Not saying the Vikings won't lose again but I feel we've got too much momentum and have learned some valuable lessons about the "trap" game dangers.  

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

I got to visit Minnesota in August and I was really fond of it. Everyone was really nice. I had a juicy lucy and some walleye. 

Re fantasy, Dalvin Cook was my RB1 and he has been killing me the entire season. I hope he doesn't wake up this week. Also, I hope you guys don't resign Anthony Barr so the Jets can have a shot at him. 

Walleye is awesome isn't it?  Dalvin is also my RB1, he's killing me as well.  Anthony Barr can be GREAT one week and disappear the next.  Will be interesting to see what the Vikings do with him in the off season.

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

My father had open heart surgery at the Mayo Clinic back in August.  Top notch place to go.  I heard the restaurant choice near the hospital are awful but I guess if you go a little bit further away they are better.  

I hope your father is doing well!  

31 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Welcome! 

The Vikings have looked so much better these last two weeks! The last I checked I think you guys had the 6th best passing offense in the league. That's probably too much for the Jets... And if Cook comes back strong and healthy that makes things even more difficult.

Hoping the Jets can keep it close and maybe a good (or bad depending on your perspective) bounce decides the game late... But the Vikings just have so many weapons out there on offense, and they're all starting to click.

If the Jets have a banged up secondary that will not bode well for them on Sunday.  Cousins, for whatever reason, has been lights out on the road but far less so at home so far this season.  Key for Jets will be pressure on Cousins early and often.

23 minutes ago, section314 said:

@Vikingfan........speaking of Minnesota, is Joe Mauer gonna hang em up? What a great player and class act.

Only a guess but I don't think he'll want to uproot his young family to extend his career.  Would love to see him as a role player on a contender though.  

2 minutes ago, Vikingfan said:

If the Jets have a banged up secondary that will not bode well for them on Sunday.  Cousins, for whatever reason, has been lights out on the road but far less so at home so far this season.  Key for Jets will be pressure on Cousins early and often.

Weirdly enough they have played better with our two starters out lol...still would feel more comfortable if Trumaine Johnson was healthy but i definitely see us getting shredded over the middle.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Weirdly enough they have played better with our two starters out lol...still would feel more comfortable if Trumaine Johnson was healthy but i definitely see us getting shredded over the middle.

An early turnover and subsequent touchdown for the Jets might deflate the Vikes enough for them to hang tough.  Sustained pressure on Cousins is absolutely key.

15 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Haven’t watched the Vikings play yet, but I’ve been reading Cousins hasn’t been very good under pressure, and that their pass protection is suspect. Jets could take advantage of this, but their pass rush has been hot and cold. 

Time to set Attachou loose. (Bless you) He has flashed quite a little bit. 

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Have I heard of them? Sure. Never saw them play.

They are both HOFers. That's why I said you are probably a bit younger than old goats like me.?To be fair, the guys at Minnesota are well on their way to awesome careers. Hopefully, injury free as well, so 20 or so years from now you can be telling young fans about them.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

How are the Vikings corners and LBers? I know Hughes is out.

Rhodes is one of the best in the league and Waynes is a "good" corner.  Hughes was becoming a solid nickel and Alexander will most likely take his spot.  Alexander can be solid but can be shaky.  Vikes will often use a third safety as the nickel.  Very deep in the secondary.  LB's are very good.  When Barr's having a good game LB's can be a step above very good.  

Archived