Sam Is Mic’d Up On Showtime Tonight

BroadwayRay

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Haven’t seen it yet, but Inside The NFL is running  a promo of its show tonight with Darnold wearing a mike during the Colts game. Some people are joking that he still has the voice of a teenager on the field. Lol. 

Thanks for the tip, I will DVR it.

16 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Love this.... really like the relationship and mentoring McCown is providing. I was skeptical of McCown in that role but it appears that their relationship is solid and it will be well worth it for Sam's future. My favorite part, Sam in huddle...

"Lets finish this F**ing game, put a dagger in their heart. Let's f***ing go man. This is where we end games right here! We're going to get really f***king good at this man!"

- Sam f****king Darnold 

"Lets gooo". "Lets gooo". Throws "bro" and "man" around in every sentence. Sounds just like my friends and I when we were right out of school.

It's nuts how he's only 21 and you can hear it in his voice, and he's got that laid-back so-cal golden boy persona, but then he comes out with "Lets ******* go, we're going to get really ******* good at finishing games, let's put a ******* dagger in them", and then goes out and reads defenses, makes the right checks, and drops bombs on the defense.

Also love the "Andrew Luck" move of congratulating the defender on a good tackle. Get in the defender's head.

Liked the leadership of talking up/congratulating Jason Myers. He knows a that a good K will have a huge impact on winning vs. losing.

Also love everything about Josh McCown being all over and around Darnold when he needs to be.

Basically, for the first time ever, our QB situation is the t!ts.

Darnold's on the field personality is somewhere between Favre and Manning. Both those guys would compliment the opposing defenses' players after they made a tackle. It's got to be an adrenaline killer when you sack the QB and he pats you on the head a says "great tackle". Who do you think a 260 lb would rather cripple, "Cry me a River's," from San Diego or the "oh so innocent Darnold"

The Jets have done everything right for Sam.  Josh McCowan as a man and mentor, is truly a prince among men.  It's not lost on Sam's parents and those of us back home.  Your cheerleaders even changed their costumes to look like the USC Song Girls!

The rest is up to Sam, if he turns out to be the QB we think he will be, my bet is he will want to stay a Jet till the end of his career, that is also a part of his personality, he wants a home he can be loyal to.

8 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

The Jets have done everything right for Sam.  Josh McCowan as a man and mentor, is truly a prince among men.  It's not lost on Sam's parents and those of us back home.  Your cheerleaders even changed their costumes to look like the USC Song Girls!

The rest is up to Sam, if he turns out to be the QB we think he will be, my bet is he will want to stay a Jet till the end of his career, that is also a part of his personality, he wants a home he can be loyal to.

Music to my ears.

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Is it weird that I have a man-crush on a guy that sounds like a twelve year old boy?

???

Better to sound like a 12 year old boy, and act like a grown ass man on the field.....than the other way around.  You've already seen a few occasions where that "thick, trunky" kid can lay out a defender with a great tackle.  Sometimes the kid forgets he's not a linebacker any more.  ?

36 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwTC3s3kdXfn1VYnc3sIY

Archived