NJ Devils

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Devils with a couple of really nice wins.  First crushing Florida then blanking the Islanders.  Metropolitan division is flat out crazy in terms of top to bottom strength and i cannot for the life of me come up with a solid favorite at this point.  Not fully buying into the Carolina Hurricanes yet but if they keep this up for another week or so then it just may be them.

Now starts a phase where the division starts to play each other more and so we get all of those 4-point games back to back for a while.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

NJD off to a sizzling start this offseason

Locking Timo up is a big wow. He really started to fit in with the lineup once the postseason hit.

Nothing is guaranteed but Devils fans are living in the middle of an epically promising timeline. NJ has a lot of really good players locked up for a long time.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:
Huge extension for Meier after locking up Bratt and Haula a few weeks ago. The Timo contract is the most exciting one, NJ took a big gamble trading for him.

Did they get a goalie?

No but they traded Blackwood away. I think they're gonna roll with Schmid. There's some talk they are asking about Hellebuyck but he's going to cost the world.

IMO it makes sense to go into the season seeing if the Schmid that showed up in Game 7 against the Rangers is the real Schmid before having to give up Luke Hughes or Holtz.

21 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No but they traded Blackwood away. I think they're gonna roll with Schmid. There's some talk they are asking about Hellebuyck but he's going to cost the world.

IMO it makes sense to go into the season seeing if the Schmid that showed up in Game 7 against the Rangers is the real Schmid before having to give up Luke Hughes or Holtz.

I wonder if they inquire on Juuse Saros or even Ullmark

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

I wonder if they inquire on Juuse Saros or even Ullmark

The thing is the they have the second best prospect pool in the league and it's in their interest to keep it that way. I'd really like to see them roll with Schmid to start the year. IMO one horrible game against a very good veteran Canes team shouldn't disqualify everything he did the second half of the season and the playoffs. 

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The thing is the they have the second best prospect pool in the league and it's in their interest to keep it that way. I'd really like to see them roll with Schmid to start the year. IMO one horrible game against a very good veteran Canes team shouldn't disqualify everything he did the second half of the season and the playoffs. 

I think they believe in Schmid but want to take it slow with his development.  He’s still very young for a goalie. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 9:14 AM, EM31 said:

Welcome to the NHL Mr. Hughes.

Needs to get a little meat on his bones.  This isn't like the old NHL where the Oilers provided 24/7 physical protection for the great one.

Every sport needs to revolve around and keep some chosen few safe or the cookie or cookie $ crumbles. Never would take away from #99 he is the Great One. Wouldn't take away from Brady either, however, he is not the GOAT! Let him take the sots to the knees and get clobbered week in, week out. There is a possibility he would have as many concussions as Aikman had till Philly put him out for good. And not have played so long and in a weak division. It even goes further back into the 70'S and those Qb's. It is more of an era type thing with the Qb and greatness.Unitas called his own plays and played on dirt and broken glass. He didn't wear a wristlet.

• 1 month later...