6 Games Into His Career, Where Does Sam d'Arnaud Rank In The Jet Starting QB List Since Namath?

TuscanyTile2

4 hours ago, CTM said:

I was never sold and constantly scratching my head as to how those lollipops were being completed, in 2002 he wasnt just dink and dunking. The raiders exposed him

I've missed on plenty of other players but Chad just never looked like a guy who had the physical skills to be elite 

I can admit, it was merely blind hope that had me believing at first.  But you know as well as anyone, my opinion changed rather extremely, quite quickly.  Let's hope we don't have any reason at all to go that route again anytime in the foreseeable future.

23 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

5 years into his career, where, in your opinion, does this thread rank in TuscanyTile2's list of threads started?

Here are some of his other threads started:

Oh no you didn't.... LMAO. If you did this to him in public, you'd be arrested.

On 10/19/2018 at 10:50 AM, Bruce Harper said:

God bless him for winning a Superbowl but it is a bit funny that a QB in large part made his Hall of Fame reputation on a game where his team scored 16 points.

His greatest accomplishment in the game was handing the ball to Matt Snell 30 times. 

On 10/19/2018 at 9:50 AM, Bruce Harper said:

God bless him for winning a Superbowl but it is a bit funny that a QB in large part made his Hall of Fame reputation on a game where his team scored 16 points.

In a season where he finally learned to not throw 4 ints a game, and be more of a game manager.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, freestater said:

6 games in, we were pretty well collectively jerking ourselves over Sanchez, too.

Just sayin 

Meh, not really.  With an excellent team around him Sanchez was going into week 7 on a 3 game losing streak.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:54 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

Namath was great, but I really wish people would realize just how much he wasted the gift of being a great QB on a great team by placing himself above his team. If he played every game like he did SB III (smart), those Jets would have won 2 or 3 SBs. But I guess that is par for the course for Namath, because the Jets won only the one SB (that he guaranteed) he is a legend. If the Jets had won more, we'd be talking about all of the other great players on that team rather than Namath. It breaks my heart for Philbin, Elliot, Biggs, Atkinson, Grantham, Baker, Hudson, Beverly, Sample and Baird who were, with little doubt, the greatest D unit the Jets ever put on a field, and Hill, Herman, Schmidt, Sauer, Snell and Boozer who's talents are ignored because of Namath's outsized reputation. Maynard is the only player other than Namath who ever gets any recognition. And isn't it odd that the Jets pulled off the big "upset" with Maynard a non factor due to injury and Namath relying on his D, O line, running game, and Sauer. sh*t, the guys that get NO CREDIT, won that ******* game, and they still get no credit.

Good post.  With all due respect to Namath & Snell, the most overlooked performance in that SB game was Randy Beverly.  2 interceptions in the end zone, one of Morral in the first quarter (first drive I believe) and one against Unitas late.  WIthout those two picks, we may not win the game.  Randy Beverly was the unsing hero of that game.

I would rate this thread slightly ahead of the Where's TOm ? thread and the Mike "ON" one.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:44 PM, Spoot-Face said:

5 years into his career, where, in your opinion, does this thread rank in TuscanyTile2's list of threads started?

Here are some of his other threads started:

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

Good post.  With all due respect to Namath & Snell, the most overlooked performance in that SB game was Randy Beverly.  2 interceptions in the end zone, one of Morral in the first quarter (first drive I believe) and one against Unitas late.  WIthout those two picks, we may not win the game.  Randy Beverly was the unsing hero of that game.

First Int was at the start of the second quarter after a Sauer fumble was recovered by the Colts inside the 15 yard line of the Jets. I've watched that game countless times.  The Jets stood toe to toe with an all time great NFL team for 60 minutes. This caused me to wonder (several years ago) why the Jets did not have more playoff success.

After pouring over game stories and box scores, from the mid to late 60s, I came to realize that Namath had a penchant for continuing to throw the ball in games where the Jets were in the lead, even in games against inferior teams, leading to several crucial losses , one of the worst of which was a game that ended in a tie with the Oilers in the the season prior to the superbowl which ended up costing the Jets a playoff berth.  In that game the Jets had a 17-0 second quarter lead and Namath proceeded to throw 6 interceptions which were returned to the tune of 214 yards and 2 TDs.  Worse yet, after positing a  5-1-1 record in the first half of the season, the Jets went 3-4  in the second half. In those 4 losses, Namath had 13 Interceptions returned for 356 yards and 2 TD's. Think about that, the Jets finished the 1967 season at 8-5-1 and missed the playoffs as a result of the tie. In the tie and 4 of the losses Namath threw a total of 19 Interceptions returned for a total of 570 yards and 4 TDs. Oh, yeah, the Jets may have missed the playoffs but Joe got his 4,007 yards. You tell me, do you think his teammates loved him, or hated him? I gotta say though, Namath certainly loved the big play, no matter which direction it was headed.

Archived