How Sam Darnold goes from beloved to feared

Winning every single game we get at home is important because our fans are amazing. It’s awesome to be able to play in front of them. Whenever we make a big score or score a touchdown, to feel the momentum in the arena really shift, it’s awesome to be able to feel that. We’ll continue to grow off of that as a team and ride the wave of energy throughout the game.

- Sam Darnold

THIS QUOTE IS WHY EVERYONE MUST BE LOUD on SUNDAY!!! We are CAPABLE of beating the Vikings, The Jets need US to help give them THE EDGE!!!!!

TO VICTORY!!!!  SKÁL!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Winning every single game we get at home is important because our fans are amazing. It’s awesome to be able to play in front of them. Whenever we make a big score or score a touchdown, to feel the momentum in the arena really shift, it’s awesome to be able to feel that. We’ll continue to grow off of that as a team and ride the wave of energy throughout the game.

- Sam Darnold

THIS QUOTE IS WHY EVERYONE MUST BE LOUD on SUNDAY!!! We are CAPABLE of beating the Vikings, The Jets need US to help give them THE EDGE!!!!!

TO VICTORY!!!!  SKÁL!!!!!!

Rosen looked decent against the Minny defense and Darnold is already light years ahead of him

Personally win and losses are not my main priority for this year. The continued development of our young QB and the others youngsters on the squad is key to our future. An I say that as a fan who watched.Joe Namath play as a 12 year old. So as you can imagine time grows short for me and others like me.
Now having said that, creating wins along the way is just icing on the process. I am looking forward to our up coming divisional games and how well or poorly we might do. These will be key to how we may fair next season and our chances of finally dethroning the Pats once and for all.

• Post of the Week 1

@fltflo I remember when we DRAFTED Namath. 4 years, $400k was a fortune! I get the Sam evolving thing, but come on! If we win this, we're 4-3 and as legit as we've been in years. Stop with "icing on the process" stuff. Don't be afraid to believe in this team. 

• Upvote 1

Darnold goes from beloved to feared when a strong rookie season from him and plenty if cap makes us a more attractive destination for free agents and we dramatically up the quality of the roster.

That and hopefully drafting a stud offensive lineman to keep Sam upright.

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Not that the Jets are loaded with talent but did anyone expect him to name the OL as a strength of the team?

Compared to the rest of league, it kinda is.  

The OL has problems when the game plan is off.   Too many defenses, including ours, are designed to beat the pass.  Run it. 

Fans are only amazing when we’re winning. Lose a few in a row n these same fans will be spewing poison. 

Haha!!
Will be? That’s exactly what happened during our 3 game losing stretch this season. All the people who never wanted darnold came out to play and the chorus of “we never should have traded bridgewater” were all over the place.
It didn’t help that one of those loses was to baker mayfield who looked pretty good against us. But still...

It will be that way again after the loss this week. If we lose two in a row it will get pretty thick with the boo birds singing their songs.
To be fair, I tend to be one of them when it come to Todd Bowles, who I don’t like at all.
But I’m all in for darnold.

But let’s see how darnold loves our fan base with two consecutive non playoff years. ( I hope that doesn’t happen)

We just might be the worst fans in the NFL as far as patience and support goes. We turn quick round these parts

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Not that the Jets are loaded with talent but did anyone expect him to name the OL as a strength of the team?

Sam just proving that he is too smart to say anything else...

"makes players around him better" = Leadership

hard to believe after all these years, the Jets have a FQB - have to love this kid

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, genot said:

Dissing our Franchise QB. That"s Creepy.........................................Lurker

untitled.png

No no no. I was making fun of “monsters of MetLife” and making fun of the writer because that’s so stupid/cheesy. I love James Gandolfini. Great pic. 

• Thumb Down 1
1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

No no no. I was making fun of “monsters of MetLife” and making fun of the writer because that’s so stupid/cheesy. I love James Gandolfini. Great pic. 

usp-nfl_-tampa-bay-buccaneers-at-new-yor

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Lol. I know. Just joshing

• Upvote 1