Rosen Rosen!!

kevinc855

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

What part of "that doesn't mean it's a guarantee" do you not understand? 

Nice to see you haven't mellowed with age. You're just as much of a dick as ever. It's comforting. 

You can not compare my love for Darnold to JiF's love of sh*tty QBs who play for Florida pro teams. This is not a JiF/Josh Freeman love. Nor is it a Smashmouth/Chad Pennington/Mark Sanchez love.

My love for Sam Darnold is pure and real. 

I cant tell if you actually took my post serious or not. The first two paragraphs here suggest yes, while the last 2 no

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Darnold had that identical game, everyone would be talking about that stat they posted in the fourth quarter about how many times he'd been hit.  He was hit on like a quarter of his dropbacks.

It was ugly, but this doesn't write the book on anything.

I'm wanted Rosen.  I'm happy we have Darnold.  I'll be happy if Rosen turns out to be a good Quarterback too.  I'll also be happy if the Jets ever get a passrusher like Von Miller, that would be nice.

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

If Darnold had that identical game, everyone would be talking about that stat they posted in the fourth quarter about how many times he'd been hit.  He was hit on like a quarter of his dropbacks.

I'm wanted Rosen.  I'm happy we have Darnold.  I'll be happy if Rosen turns out to be a good Quarterback too.  I'll also be happy if the Jets ever get a passrusher like Von Miller, that would be nice.

Olines fault, receivers stink, fart, coaches are clueless, chugs Budweiser, no running game, defense cant get off field, belch + you aren't a real Jets fan/just a hater if you criticize Darnold (or Sanchez or Pennington or any young QBs that have shown a flicker of promise here) ?

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

If the QBs switched teams, Darnold would be making the Cards' OL look better while Rosen would be making the Jets' look worse. Darnold has rare pocket awareness for such a young player, and the ability to move around in or out of it. Rosen is a guy who's either gonna have to adapt his game or have an elite OL for his entire career. He was a prolific passer when he had time in college, but his accuracy was terrible once he had to move. Arizona is gonna have to put a ton of resources into that line if they want Rosen to be the guy. 

I think Rosen (moreso than Darnold or Baker) needs the right situation to succeed and unfortunately for him that situation is not the Arizona Cardinals. He NEEDS a good offensive line because he isn't mobile and has a history of injuries and they are among the worst in the league in the trenches.

For all the talk about our perceived lack of talent and poor coaching, the Jets were a much better situation for Darnold than the Bills and Cardinals were for Allen and Rosen. Granted, Darnold has simply played better than the rest of the rookie QBs, but I do think this Jets offense is better than people realize. It would be very difficult for any QB to score points for the Bills or Cardinals.

4 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Huge difference here. The Rams fired the staff after Goff's rookie year and brought in a brilliant new coach who completely changed how they used Goff's talent.

The Cards aren't likely to fire Wilks after one year. From what I saw last night, this coaching staff ain't doing Rosen any favors. 

Well they just fired the OC this morning.  So there's no one left to take the bullet if they keep losing.

18 minutes ago, slats said:

If the QBs switched teams, Darnold would be making the Cards' OL look better while Rosen would be making the Jets' look worse. Darnold has rare pocket awareness for such a young player, and the ability to move around in or out of it. Rosen is a guy who's either gonna have to adapt his game or have an elite OL for his entire career. He was a prolific passer when he had time in college, but his accuracy was terrible once he had to move. Arizona is gonna have to put a ton of resources into that line if they want Rosen to be the guy. 

I don't know that he needs an elite offensive line.  But, getting hit on 25% of your dropbacks, while I don't have comparative stats, seems like a ton.

Darnold's escapability awareness would help, but I'm not sure you're winning football games when you get 1 of 4 times you try to throw the ball.

13 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think Rosen (moreso than Darnold or Baker) needs the right situation to succeed and unfortunately for him that situation is not the Arizona Cardinals. He NEEDS a good offensive line because he isn't mobile and has a history of injuries and they are among the worst in the league in the trenches.

For all the talk about our perceived lack of talent and poor coaching, the Jets were a much better situation for Darnold than the Bills and Cardinals were for Allen and Rosen. Granted, Darnold has simply played better than the rest of the rookie QBs, but I do think this Jets offense is better than people realize. It would be very difficult for any QB to score points for the Bills or Cardinals.

The Cardinals offense has David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. The Jets offense doesn't even have a real TE the Cards offense has two. 

Here's the truth Rosen got his coach at UCLA fired and he's gotten the OC fired so far. He's going to get everyone fired and maybe, 15 years from now, when he's on his 11th team, he will have a Josh mCCown like rebirth, once he realizes he doesn't know it all. 

The Cardinals offense has David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. The Jets offense doesn't even have a real TE the Cards offense has two. 
Here's the truth Rosen got his coach at UCLA fired and he's gotten the OC fired so far. He's going to get everyone fired and maybe, 15 years from now, when he's on his 11th team, he will have a Josh mCCown like rebirth, once he realizes he doesn't know it all. 

Cool story bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ridiculously incorrect.  Mora is a loser, all on his own.

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I mean, David Johnson's decline isn't about Rosen. It's about Bruce Arians being an offensive genius and Mike McCoy being a buffoon. We're really pretending Ricky Seals Jones is a "real" TE? I'd much rather have Herndon. I just don't buy any part of this argument -- you're exactly what I'm talking about when I say people have undervalued the Jets offensive talent.

That's pretty tough on a rookie QB, having your OC fired in the middle of your first season. And if he keeps taking hits like he did last night, he's not going to be starting for long. There was that one play where he was pushed, fell on his back and he grabbed the back of his helmet--that concussion history is worrisome.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

That's pretty tough on a rookie QB, having your OC fired in the middle of your first season. And if he keeps taking hits like he did last night, he's not going to be starting for long. There was that one play where he was pushed, fell on his back and he grabbed the back of his helmet--that concussion history is worrisome.

He's already in a walking boot. Getting an MRI on his toe.

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

No running game? They have a guy who is supposed to be one of the top 3 backs in the league. 

He is on a crap team with a sh*tty coaching staff who has no idea how to run an NFL offense. 

Rosen has a receiver that is light years better than any Jets receiver, he has a running back that is supposed to be a beast catching out of the backfield. 

Let me remind you guys of something - the Jet o-line is supposed to suck. The talent level isn't great. Our center can't make it through a game with botching at least 3 snaps. A huge reason they look as good as they do is Darnold's decision making and quick release. 

The difference is the OL. Our OL stepped up recently and it’s made a night and day difference. Rosen isn’t mobile and he has no time to survey the field.

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's already in a walking boot. Getting an MRI on his toe.

HC could go w/ the OC.  Regardless of what you think of Rosen, your offensive line is getting abused and you keep having him drop back when the game is long over?  What exactly was the point?

5 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Mega worrisome.    If I was a GM, because of the serious 2nd concussion he had, that caused him to miss a bowl game a month later, he would have been off my board in the first round.  

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, David Johnson's decline isn't about Rosen 

David Johnson is 26. This is his 4th season. He's not in decline physically. Perhaps he's tired of looking at Sam Bradford's dead eyes and Josh rosen's "rosenface"  and isn't playing to his potential. But he's as talented as anyback in the league. Josh Rosen just tosses salad.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

David Johnson is 26. This is his 4th season. He's not in decline physically. Perhaps he's tired of looking at Sam Bradford's dead eyes and Josh rosen's "rosenface"  and isn't playing to his potential. But he's as talented as anyback in the league. Josh Rosen just tosses salad.

OR..

the offensive line sucks at run blocking just as much as pass blocking.

which they do.

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Did you even read my post? Because I specifically talked about how his decline (in production, clearly) was related to coaching, not Rosen.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I get it been negative for years—and we have sucked for years. You wanna throw the small sample size thing around good on you but you’re gonna have to back that up mate. Hard on homers. Herm will will a SB as HC of NYJ

Spoiler: Bowles won’t win a division much less a SB

I hope you were just trial ballooning that closing and it isn't what you are actually leading with lol.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I hope you were just trial ballooning that closing and it isn't what you are actually leading with lol.

Nope—it’s truth but hey I respect those that can be optimistic despite clear evidence of suck. We are all jets fans—some just more realistic (in my opinion) than others. If Bowles wins a SB as HC of NYJ I will pay your hosting fees for a year. If he gets canned before achieving same, I become a mod. Deal?

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

HC could go w/ the OC.  Regardless of what you think of Rosen, your offensive line is getting abused and you keep having him drop back when the game is long over?  What exactly was the point?

This is an important point.  The Cardinals didn't dial up short passes to help keep Rosen out of trouble.  They kept playing long  ball and he kept getting pressured into mistakes.  Like I said earlier, rookie QBs don't get coaches fired.  Coaches who don't know how to adapt to adversity get coaches fired.  

22 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Josh went from the frying pan (fUCLA) into the fire (Cardinals).

If this happen in NY we would have already given up on him and bought him a bus ticket back to the west coast.

Hell,I was a week away from giving up on Sam and shaving the head of my recently rebranded  Ronald McDonarld doll. 

Im not saying I won’t, but thanks to Sam, Ronald’s red fluffy locks are safe. 

4now.

52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If this happen in NY we would have already given up on him and bought him a bus ticket back to the west coast.

Hell,I was a week away from giving up on Sam and shaving the head of my recently rebranded  Ronald McDonarld doll. 

Im not saying I won’t, but thanks to Sam, Ronald’s red fluffy locks are safe. 

4now.

0% chance you'd desecrate an icon to obesity like that.

Archived