Rosen Rosen!!

kevinc855

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Crusher said:

Not sure Ronald is willing to take that chance. After all, they have salads now. 

That's a gateway drug for vegetable eating hipsters, hippies and health conscious people of all types. Get them in the door a few times and its only a matter if time before they look like you. Salad only first, maybe next time you try a couple of your buddies french fries, salad + your own fries on the third trip. By trip 10 you are getting a super sized quarter pounder with cheese value meal with a cookie and a diet coke. By this point the pharma industry is preparing your future Rx for statins and insulin

8 hours ago, HighPitch said:

LOL this big dooosh deserves this thread and all its ridicule.

Snotnose rich boy shot his mouth off and the chickens are coming home to roost

My #4 most hated player in the nfl

So can we put you in the "not a fan" column?

23 minutes ago, CTM said:

That's a gateway drug for vegetable eating hipsters, hippies and health conscious people of all types. Get them in the door a few times and its only a matter if time before they look like you. Salad only first, maybe next time you try a couple of your buddies french fries, salad + your own fries on the third trip. By trip 10 you are getting a super sized quarter pounder with cheese value meal with a cookie and a diet coke. By this point the pharma industry is preparing your future Rx for statins and insulin

Damn. I’m putting that bitch in a pamphlet and claiming it for my own. 

8 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I'm a Jets fan. As such, I am a connoisseur of bad quarterbacking. I can spot a bad quarterback when I see one. 

Through all of Goff's struggles as a rookie, I never thought he was terrible. As much as I wanted to love Sanchez, I never felt confident in his ability in any way, shape or form. 

What I have seen from Darnold this year so far is something I have never seen in my 40-plus years of watching Jets football. The kid just gets it. He doesn't get rattled... at all. You can actually see him learning from his mistakes and growing as a player during a game. It's ******* remarkable. 

What I saw from Rosen last night was a lot of things I am not sure are fixable. He thought he was gonna come in and set the world on fire and every time he made a mistake you could see his spirit breaking from the look in his eyes. I don't think Rosen has the mental toughness to succeed in the NFL. 

Sam Darnold, at the age of 21, comes off like a 10 year vet on the sidelines. He doesn't lose it when he makes a mistake, he doesn't act like he won the Super Bowl every time he does something good.  He's got a demeanor you only see from great quarterbacks. That doesn't mean it's a guarantee. 

But after 40-plus years of watching pure sh*t with the occasional competent game thrown in, I am starting to believe we may have finally found our guy. 

Meh lots of players - QBs no exception - have their feelings written all over their face. Not everyone goes through the game's ups and downs with Eli's weak excuse for human expression. 

He's a kid. An arrogant silver spoon one, sure, but that doesn't make him destined failure due to absent skills in coping with adversity. He wasn't just making mistakes almost every rookie QB makes; he was also getting the piss beat out of him, and had to get checked for yet another concussion.  Amazing how last night's failure was significantly (if not chiefly) on Rosen; but despite far better circumstances, including a comparatively-impervious offensive line, in the eyes of many we "ruined" Mark Sanchez.

He's a freaking rookie in a situation that'd still be dog***t for a previously-successful veteran. Bradford's action in Minnesota had him throwing 23 TDs and 5 picks. In his limited action this year, Bradford - at 30 years old should be in the prime of his NFL career - had a freaking 5% interception rate (double the 2nd-worst effort for his whole career) and got yanked.

I'm plenty happy with Darnold over Rosen where we stand today, but I don't think one can tell Rosen's entire future from a facial expression during this one tough game as a rookie. He looked like crap. That's what rookie QBs do; they look like crap, and often clueless crap with suspect arms, footwork, accuracy, awareness, whatever. They often look so bad you wonder what anyone ever saw in them. And then the good ones improve in time. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Nope—it’s truth but hey I respect those that can be optimistic despite clear evidence of suck. We are all jets fans—some just more realistic (in my opinion) than others. If Bowles wins a SB as HC of NYJ I will pay your hosting fees for a year. If he gets canned before achieving same, I become a mod. Deal?

Bill-Hader-Eating-Popcorn-Smiling-SNL.gi

9 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

What are we? QB snobs now? Come on. Even though he's a tool at time's Rosen is still a rookie QB playing on what looks like a rudderless team going nowhere. Yes, the Jets have finally found their QB and they finally look respectable but it wasn't long ago that the Jets were that rudderless team going nowhere. How quickly some forget.

I don't really think we're snobs. It's more like we're having trouble adjusting to our new life in this Bizzaro World we now live in. You know, the one where everything that was isn't? In this new one, the QB of our dreams falls to us. Our GM makes the right move so we are there to get him. He not only progresses, he does it quicker then we thought he would. Our team is 3-3, and a lot of us see hope for the future. Forgive us if we seem forgetful, we're a bit confused how to react.... 

1 hour ago, Hitman Harris said:

It cannot be stated how glad I am we did not pick that spoiled loser bltchboy Rosen

I may like him even less than Tebow and he will suck probably even worse 

I'm not sure, but it looks like we might have another one to join @HighPitch in the "not a fan" column. What do you think, @The Crusher?

Rosen made some very nice accurate throws. 

He had no run game and the right guard was playing with one hand tied behind his back 

The cards gave the camp reps to Bradford, then put him on the inactive list to deny him a bonus after promoting Rosen and now have fired Mccoy 

That's a terrible situation for a QB 

With that said I saw some issues in his game like the super sloppy running the motions and getting in and out of the huddle that a QB is responsible for and he's a bad athlete. 

What would concern me as a cards fan is his demeanor and leadership. Came off as a total jerk and it wouldn't surprise me if his teammates don't respond to him. 

Cards are a train wreck and it's only a matter of time before the kid gets ruined 

Peyton Manning 1998 1st year :

Week 1 vs Dolphins(loss)     - 1 TD 3 Int

Week 2 vs Pats(loss)            - 1 TD  3 Int

Week 3 vs Jets(loss)             -0 TD 2 Int

Week 4 vs Saints(loss)         - 1 TD 3 Int

Colts 0-4 after 4 weeks, Manning 3-11 ratio

It's not how fast you climb but how high.

10 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I can understand the vitriol towards Rosen.  He came off as extremely arrogant after he was drafted.

1 hour ago, The Walrus said:

Peyton Manning 1998 1st year :

Week 1 vs Dolphins(loss)     - 1 TD 3 Int

Week 2 vs Pats(loss)            - 1 TD  3 Int

Week 3 vs Jets(loss)             -0 TD 2 Int

Week 4 vs Saints(loss)         - 1 TD 3 Int

Colts 0-4 after 4 weeks, Manning 3-11 ratio

It's not how fast you climb but how high.

It’s not how you start that counts but how you finish.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't really think we're snobs. It's more like we're having trouble adjusting to our new life in this Bizzaro World we now live in. You know, the one where everything that was isn't? In this new one, the QB of our dreams falls to us. Our GM makes the right move so we are there to get him. He not only progresses, he does it quicker then we thought he would. Our team is 3-3, and a lot of us see hope for the future. Forgive us if we seem forgetful, we're a bit confused how to react.... 

I didn't want Rosen then and I don't want him now. Never wanted him. If Mayfield and Darnold were gone what would the Jets have done? Allen could be just another super athlete that has all the throws and can run but is just not a football player. How many players are drafted each year because of their combine numbers but they just don't pan out? 

2 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I didn't want Rosen then and I don't want him now. Never wanted him. If Mayfield and Darnold were gone what would the Jets have done? Allen could be just another super athlete that has all the throws and can run but is just not a football player. How many players are drafted each year because of their combine numbers but they just don't pan out? 

Yeah darnold then mayfield were my choices. The other two dont have the overall skill set and mentality.  Honestly I dont think about any of the other QB's.  Im thankful we finally have our QB

On 10/19/2018 at 8:08 AM, HighPitch said:

Now I’m curious about your top 3, as well as your hierarchy attributability. 

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Nice to see everyone here has learned their lesson about overreacting. 

Exactly.  Mayfield is a hall of famer, Darnold is a dink and dunk weak armed version of Pennington, Rosen is a bust.   It is slightly amusing seeing the extreme rants.  

20 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I don't know that he needs an elite offensive line.  But, getting hit on 25% of your dropbacks, while I don't have comparative stats, seems like a ton.

Darnold's escapability awareness would help, but I'm not sure you're winning football games when you get 1 of 4 times you try to throw the ball.

Behind the same line, I don't think Darnold gets hit nearly as much. If the Jets had drafted Rosen, I think we'd be collectively complaining about the OL a lot more than we currently are. 

Rosen doesn't move well, and he's inaccurate with his throws when he tries. He doesn't have very good pocket awareness. What he does well is throw a pretty ball from a clean pocket. He'll have to learn to feel the rush and adjust better as a pro, but there's only so much improvement I think you can reasonably expect there. Maybe "elite" is too strong a word, but you've definitely got to put a top ten type OL in front of him if you hope to maximize his talents, IMHO. If I'm running the Cardinals, the OL is priority #1-5 for me. 

Darnold had a bad game comparable to Rosens' in week 3, and look how amazing he's looked since. Every rookie has games like this, it's just part of the development process. 

I wouldn't jump to conclusions on Rosen after this game. However I do think that with his pocket oriented skill set and lack of mobility he has a legitimate chance of being ruined behind that o-line. It's up to the cardinals if he turns into another Bradford, or Alex Smith type guy

Archived