Rosen Rosen!!

kevinc855

On 10/19/2018 at 10:40 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

What part of "that doesn't mean it's a guarantee" do you not understand? 

Nice to see you haven't mellowed with age. You're just as much of a dick as ever. It's comforting. 

You can not compare my love for Darnold to JiF's love of sh*tty QBs who play for Florida pro teams. This is not a JiF/Josh Freeman love. Nor is it a Smashmouth/Chad Pennington/Mark Sanchez love.

My love for Sam Darnold is pure and real. 

^^^ loved Rosen predraft.  

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't understand the Rosen hate, and the Mayfield love....he's also a "rich kid" with a helicopter pappy out of a school that would take a woman beater, thug and dumbass too dumb to attend most colleges out there,  if they can play ball.

one is much like the other, only one is smarter, never chased by police or grabbed his crotch on national TV.  Figure.

18 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Don't understand the Rosen hate, and the Mayfield love....he's also a "rich kid" with a helicopter pappy out of a school that would take a woman beater, thug and dumbass too dumb to attend most colleges out there if they can play ball.

one is much like the other, only one is smarter, never chased by police or grabbed his crotch on national TV.  Figure.

And the one who didnt win over so many just by grabbing his balls is the one with the better skill set.  

On 10/19/2018 at 10:41 AM, JetFaninMI said:

No one is disputing this. All I'm saying is that it wasn't too long ago that the Jets were in the same boat as this Cardinals team looks to be now. Oh and btw I have been watching the same crappy play for more than 50 years and can tell when a QB should be on the sidelines holding a clipboard and not thrown to the wolves. Rosen is a tool yes. He clearly is not ready to be starting and it shows.

Thank God Sam Darnold is a NY Jet because players like him are so rare that they don't come around that often. You can easily forget that this guy is as young as he is when watching him on the field. His maturity level is what sets him apart. That is the difference between Sam and Rosen. That is the difference between starting and sitting. Sam is clearly an NFL QB right now and Rosen should be on the bench learning how to be one.

What also separates them is Sam's accuracy on the move.   I remember reading how Rosens accuracy dripped dramatically when forced out of the pocket or being forced to throw on the run.   While almost the opposite for Sam.  

4 hours ago, slats said:

Behind the same line, I don't think Darnold gets hit nearly as much. If the Jets had drafted Rosen, I think we'd be collectively complaining about the OL a lot more than we currently are. 

Rosen doesn't move well, and he's inaccurate with his throws when he tries. He doesn't have very good pocket awareness. What he does well is throw a pretty ball from a clean pocket. He'll have to learn to feel the rush and adjust better as a pro, but there's only so much improvement I think you can reasonably expect there. Maybe "elite" is too strong a word, but you've definitely got to put a top ten type OL in front of him if you hope to maximize his talents, IMHO. If I'm running the Cardinals, the OL is priority #1-5 for me. 

I agree.  He will have to be one of those guys who can slide in the pocket similar a young Eli Manning.  If he doesn't master that skill, he is going to have a very difficult time becoming a successful quarterback.

Ive been really low on almost all the young qbs for the past 6 or 7 years other than Garropolo, Luck and Russel Wilson(i was probably wrong about Carson Wentz and David Carr admittedly).  That is until this years draft, which im particularly high on.  Mayfield, Rosen. and Darnold all look like legit NFL qbs.  I stand by that conviction even after looking at the stats and several of the bad games.

Rosen does look like he has an attitude problem and yes he has problems commanding the pocket, but my lord when he is set and throws the ball it's just perfect.   The motion is really smooth and quick, and the ball comes out with the perfect amount of zip and of course is deadly accurate.  That's so rare for a qb, that you know it when you see it. 

I think he's going to be good.

3 minutes ago, Hael said:

Ive been really low on almost all the young qbs for the past 6 or 7 years other than Garropolo, Luck and Russel Wilson(i was probably wrong about Carson Wentz and David Carr admittedly).  That is until this years draft, which im particularly high on.  Mayfield, Rosen. and Darnold all look like legit NFL qbs.  I stand by that conviction even after looking at the stats and several of the bad games.

Rosen does look like he has an attitude problem and yes he has problems commanding the pocket, but my lord when he is set and throws the ball it's just perfect.   The motion is really smooth and quick, and the ball comes out with the perfect amount of zip and of course is deadly accurate.  That's so rare for a qb, that you know it when you see it. 

I think he's going to be good.

ROSEN SUKKS!!!. Arizona was supposedly the best situation for a rookie QB. Good rb in place. Good receivers. Rosen is the most Pro ready rookie QB - ha! That’s a good one! Drew Stanton went 3-1 as a QB for Arizona last year. They came on strong end of last season. Rosen didn’t win in college - maybe there is a Magic Pill to make you win in the pros when u didn’t in college. Well Rosen didn’t take that Magic pill.  The team doesn’t rally around this guy - they fold! That’s a good trait. Rosen sukks!

5 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

ROSEN SUKKS!!!. Arizona was supposedly the best situation for a rookie QB. Good rb in place. Good receivers. Rosen is the most Pro ready rookie QB - ha! That’s a good one! Drew Stanton went 3-1 as a QB for Arizona last year. They came on strong end of last season. Rosen didn’t win in college - maybe there is a Magic Pill to make you win in the pros when u didn’t in college. Well Rosen didn’t take that Magic pill.  The team doesn’t rally around this guy - they fold! That’s a good trait. Rosen sukks!

There's a lot wrong here.  

1) Stanton went 3-1 but one win was against the Giants who scored 0 points while ARI's offense put up just 16.  Another was against TEN which they won 12-7.  Stanton's completion % was under 50% during that stretch.  

2) Flash forward to this season.  The Cards were never looked at as a good situation beyond that it wasn't a large city with aggressive media.  They were going to have a bad OL, and it turns out they have the worst in the NFL.  Rosen is not looking good but he is putting up better Y/A passing than Bradford did in the same situation.  

The vitriol for Rosen among some people is astounding.  At the end of the day, I think Darnold is a much better prospect right now to become a great QB than Rosen, but anyone who is writing Rosen off because of his first 4 starts is being emotional, not objective.  The kid is a great passer.  The comeback against A&M sealed that for me.  It was an incredible comeback and he deserves a lot of credit for that. 

He will either adapt to the differences in the NFL or he wont' but if he does, he has the tools to be very, very good.  And if you don't like his personality, that's fine but it bear in mind that your dislike has no bearing on his eventual NFL success or failure.  

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There's a lot wrong here.  

1) Stanton went 3-1 but one win was against the Giants who scored 0 points while ARI's offense put up just 16.  Another was against TEN which they won 12-7.  Stanton's completion % was under 50% during that stretch.  

2) Flash forward to this season.  The Cards were never looked at as a good situation beyond that it wasn't a large city with aggressive media.  They were going to have a bad OL, and it turns out they have the worst in the NFL.  Rosen is not looking good but he is putting up better Y/A passing than Bradford did in the same situation.  

The vitriol for Rosen among some people is astounding.  At the end of the day, I think Darnold is a much better prospect right now to become a great QB than Rosen, but anyone who is writing Rosen off because of his first 4 starts is being emotional, not objective.  The kid is a great passer.  The comeback against A&M sealed that for me.  It was an incredible comeback and he deserves a lot of credit for that. 

He will either adapt to the differences in the NFL or he wont' but if he does, he has the tools to be very, very good.  And if you don't like his personality, that's fine but it bear in mind that your dislike has no bearing on his eventual NFL success or failure.  

Nice try but I am correct. Stanton did go 3-1. But but but - it’s in the record books. So what about his stats - how does that change his 3-1 ? It doesn’t. Do u think anyone would be bashing Rosen if he went 3-1 with the Cards and threw a 50% completion rate - maybe - but they still would be happy!

Also Rosen was said to be the most pro ready. I followed this stuff for a year so I know what was said.  Then once he was drafted he was said to be in the best situation. Rosen hasn’t helped this situation at all. He’s been to all the practices. He has several years of starting in college. “The kid is a great passer” yeah so what! How many hundreds of kids out there are great passers and never make it for 1 reason or another? Well Rosen made it  - he was entitled - but he’s not looking like a good prospect right now.  I don’t think he has the intangibles to have a successful career in the NFL. Yes in a perfect world he’s a great passer - lots of them athletes around - just saying. 

8 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Nice try but I am correct. Stanton did go 3-1. But but but - it’s in the record books. So what about his stats - how does that change his 3-1 ? It doesn’t. 

Yea! Brad Johnson > Dan Marino because Of SB records! So what about anything else, the SB records are in the books!

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yea! Brad Johnson > Dan Marino because Of SB records! So what about anything else, the SB records are in the books!

No but Brad Johnson 1-0 in super bowls and Marino 0-1. Wow Marino only went to 1 Super Bowl as great as he was?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 9:16 PM, kevinc855 said:

Oh wait ??

On 10/18/2018 at 10:11 PM, Paradis said:

Poor form dude. Darnold has one of these games up his sleeve I’m sure before the season’s out. Rookies be rookies. It’s how they learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @kevinc855

As I was saying.....

Archived