GET LOUD vs Vikings

Patriot Killa

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There's always that guy at every game. You're sitting there, trying to enjoy your $20 pretzel and being out of the house for a little bit, then some dude named Logan with a Pearl Jam tattoo that's been tailgating since Thursday and thinks Stella is a craft beer makes eye contact with you, has a mini-convulsion, spilling beer on some kid sitting next to him, and starts yelling "WHADDYA DOIN SITTIN IN THE CHAIR THAT YOU PAID TO SIT IN, DA JETS NEED US" right at you as you're just trying to enjoy a day with your dad. Logan is also the guy that screams "GET HIM!!" at the top of his lungs when he's sitting at a bar on every single defensive play.

Love this, lol.

I hate those guys. They turn around and tell everyone to cheer. They miss the play as they shake their head in disgust at those behind them.

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Dude you better stop by and say hi. It's all good, you have been posting here forever you definitely have to come over and meet everyone.

Really hope you do. F11.

Thanks Maxman my group is parking in yellow depending on where in yellow  will determine if I visit you guys. 

I plan on it if the walk is not that far. 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

It depends on where you sit. I am in the lower level end zone. Die-hard fans in there, people stand, scream and jump all game long. Same in the upper deck.

Those fancy seats ECURB sits in? Wine and cheese party over there.  :)

So you will make it hard for Cousins?

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There's always that guy at every game. You're sitting there, trying to enjoy your $20 pretzel and being out of the house for a little bit, then some dude named Logan with a Pearl Jam tattoo that's been tailgating since Thursday and thinks Stella is a craft beer makes eye contact with you, has a mini-convulsion, spilling beer on some kid sitting next to him, and starts yelling "WHADDYA DOIN SITTIN IN THE CHAIR THAT YOU PAID TO SIT IN, DA JETS NEED US" right at you as you're just trying to enjoy a day with your dad. Logan is also the guy that screams "GET HIM!!" at the top of his lungs when he's sitting at a bar on every single defensive play.

I love that guy. Watch at home if Logan annoys you

17 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

When people in front of me stand up to cheer and then have the audacity to ask other fanatics to stand and cheer.

I paid for my seat! I should be able to to sit in it!

I heard the voice of an old man while reading that. All you were missing was the word "punks" after seat.

17 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

What a bunch of delicate little fairies.....I tailgate all day, standing, cooking, then stand all game in the rowdiest section of the Coliseum.  I yell, cheer, jump up and down, and sing our fight songs.  

I'm old.  Wimps.

PSLs and the new building changed the home crowd. Now its corporate types there for an event. Most of the Firemen, Cops, and Blue Collar Die Hards are gone. 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

PSLs and the new building changed the home crowd. Now its corporate types there for an event. Most of the Firemen, Cops, and Blue Collar Die Hards are gone. 

I know all about that.  USC has ruined the esthetics of the Coliseum by adding these monstrous luxury seats on one side of the stadium for the big donors, displacing long time season ticket holders.  USC is a top producing billionaire college, and top fundraiser in the country, so you can imagine the fine wine and Brie crowd in those boxes.  Fortunately, the ticket prices have remained low for the rest of us, primarily because the football revenue is peanuts compared to what is brought in by the school's fundraising machine.

we've never been the loudest crowd anyway, but the one good thing about the renovation, the noise is heightened by the design versus the old Bowl design that allowed the noise to go up and out of the stadium.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I love that guy. Watch at home if Logan annoys you

Logan is also usually accompanied by his girlfriend, Kevin. Kevin thinks that everyone enjoys Logan. She thinks that people on her Instagram actually care about the 28 Instagram stories she posts of every single play she films on her iPhone 7 from the upper deck, constantly annoying the views of the people sitting behind her, and despite the entire game being broadcast on network television.

Kevin also considers her pink Chad Pennington jersey to be sacred, and spends her spare time trying to get people to "fan up" on the weekly Jets messageboards and reddit threads.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I know all about that.  USC has ruined the esthetics of the Coliseum by adding these monstrous luxury seats on one side of the stadium for the big donors, displacing long time season ticket holders.  USC is a top producing billionaire college, and top fundraiser in the country, so you can imagine the fine wine and Brie crowd in those boxes.  Fortunately, the ticket prices have remained low for the rest of us, primarily because the football revenue is peanuts compared to what is brought in by the school's fundraising machine.

we've never been the loudest crowd anyway, but the one good thing about the renovation, the noise is heightened by the design versus the old Bowl design that allowed the noise to go up and out of the stadium.

If you don't enjoy brie, something is wrong with you, not them.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If you don't enjoy brie, something is wrong with you, not them.

Haha....I love brie, usually take a varied cheese plate with grapes to our tailgate.  There is a Trader Joe's right on campus, in the USC Village.  ?

I meant the stereotype "wine and brie crowd."

note: I've prepared canard a l'orange (USC vs Oregon game) for a tailgate, with crepes Suzette for dessert (you prepare most of it at home) , but still cheer and stand for games!  

Archived