Vikings vs. Jets Final Injury Report

JetNation

IMG_0380-.jpg

After two dominant performances against the Colts and Broncos, the Jets are now back at .500 with a 3-3 record. For a team that was considered one of the worst last season, with a rookie quarterback at the helm, things are looking bright for Jets fans. If you are overly excited, that’s okay, you should be. After many years of sub par performance, the Jets look like they are a few tweaks and players away from serious contention. However, the Jets have quite a few players banged up. Let’s take a look at the final injury report for Sunday’s game against the Vikings.

Jets

Vikings

RB Dalvin Cook- Hamstring QUESTIONABLE

DL Danielle Hunter- Groin QUESTIONABLE

DL Linval Joseph- Ankle QUESTIONABLE

DB Andrew Sendejo- Groin QUESTIONABLE

DL Everson Griffen- Personal OUT

The post Vikings vs. Jets Final Injury Report appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
2Jx4LJ1aPoQ

Click here to read the full story...

DE Ankle FP FP FP (-)
RB Hamstring FP DNP DNP OUT
DE Not Injury Related DNP DNP DNP OUT
DE Groin (-) DNP LP (-)
DT Ankle FP FP FP (-)
DT Ankle/Knee/Shoulder DNP DNP LP QUESTIONABLE
LS Hand FP FP FP (-)
OT Foot DNP DNP DNP OUT
SS Groin DNP DNP DNP OUT
DE Rib FP FP FP (-)
New York Jets

Damn, a lot of injuries.  I think we will see the tight ends stepping up and getting quite a bit of action.  More worried about our secondary.  Maye really is intense and his hits are extremely hard.  I think we will really miss him.  Afraid that their passing game will tear us up unless we get a significant amount of pressure off the snap.

Hate to say it, but this one has all the makings of a really violent slaughter boys.  If Sam is going out with nothing except for Kearse and Anderson, I can't even blame the coaches for the impending blood bath. 

Nickerson on Theilen is great for my Fantasy team.  For our chances of beating Minnesota?  Yeah, not so much.

How in the world did we got so unlucky with injuries?

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Hate to say it, but this one has all the makings of a really violent slaughter boys.  If Sam is going out with nothing except for Kearse and Anderson, I can't even blame the coaches for the impending blood bath. 

Nickerson on Theilen is great for my Fantasy team.  For our chances of beating Minnesota?  Yeah, not so much.

How in the world did we got so unlucky with injuries?

Ehh we could be the Colts.

hopefully Trumaine and Pryor come back for Chicago. If we lose this then we lose. Like you said, it’s not like this game has a big win written all over it.

They might be able to pull it off but doubtful.

32 minutes ago, jack48 said:

TEs become the red zone guys.  These injuries might induce Sam to use his TEs more for the rest of the season

Agreed. I would just like it better if Sam had more of his weapons around him.  Especially Pryor who I see as really earning Sam's confidence. If he can stay healthy, we haven't even seen the best of Pryor yet.

Plus us downfield blocking has been pretty good too. I miss him already :(

15 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Pryor is out too? I didn’t know that was official. That sucks that he and enunwa are out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm just happy that Anderson isn't on there. He had a hammy earlier in the week - must have been very minor. We're going to need him stretching the D against the Vikings.

In my view, nothing is more important in this game than generating a pass rush.  Vikings OL is not very good and I think they are a bit banged up.  We are down 3 in the secondary.  We are going to need to bring pressure against Cousins -- we can't let him sit back there and pick our secondary apart.  As good as Darnold has been the last two weeks, I doubt we can win a shootout against the Vikings D; especially down 2 WRs.  Pressure Cousins, take some heat off of guys like Roberts, Nickerson, and Brooks, force some TOs and win a 24-20 game.  Not saying it will happen, but to me thats the way to win this game.

33 minutes ago, Lith said:

In my view, nothing is more important in this game than generating a pass rush.  Vikings OL is not very good and I think they are a bit banged up.  We are down 3 in the secondary.  We are going to need to bring pressure against Cousins -- we can't let him sit back there and pick our secondary apart.  As good as Darnold has been the last two weeks, I doubt we can win a shootout against the Vikings D; especially down 2 WRs.  Pressure Cousins, take some heat off of guys like Roberts, Nickerson, and Brooks, force some TOs and win a 24-20 game.  Not saying it will happen, but to me thats the way to win this game.

If we can force Harrison Smith to have to help out with the run he wont be able to try to bait Sam. Jets Oline is pretty big & if they can get some slash plays off tackle (Vikings are too fast sideline to sideline) Bates can dictate a bit & that will help Sam read the defense better. 

17 hours ago, Lith said:

Jets need to pull something from out of nowhere, maybe a blocked punt or punt return for a TD.

Archived