So Odell Sr. reacted to John Mara....

14 in Green

telling his son to "produce headlines on the field, not off". He posted on Instagram a 2017 video of Mara slamming a chair in the owners box, accompanied with, "This is the owner of the Giants Throwing a chair in his box. He criticized Odell and he does the same? Talk about the The tree acting like the apple". LOL. The Giants are becoming a reality show, and are imploding before our eyes. I love it.

Beckham is a jerk, but it did seem strange Mara said what he did a week after OBJ acted out. Things on the OBJ front were quieting down in the press, and the fans had shifted their anger toward Eli after his performance against the Eagles. That's when Mara rekindled it.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Beckham is a jerk, but it did seem strange Mara said what he did a week after OBJ acted out. Things on the OBJ front were quieting down in the press, and the fans had shifted their anger toward Eli after his performance against the Eagles. That's when Mara rekindled it.

Not totally sure that's a coincidence. 

“Certainly he admitted to us that he abused his wife," Giants owner John Mara said in an interview with WFAN.

Not that this should come as a surprise. Two years after the Ray Rice video revealed the NFL’s woeful attitudes about domestic violence, the league has shown it has no more interest in taking strong stands against abuse than it did then.

That six-game suspension Commissioner Roger Goodell promised would be the “baseline” for first-time offenders? It’s been imposed once. Teams are still enabling abusers, be it the Dallas Cowboys signing Greg Hardy or Mara defending his team’s decision to re-sign Brown despite knowing about the May 2015 domestic violence case and never even attempting to talk with Molly Brown about it.

“A lot of times there is a tendency to try to make these cases black and white,” Mara, normally one of the league's truer moral compasses, told the New York Post in August. “They are very rarely black and white.”

49 minutes ago, Larz said:

He said today that he needs iv treatments on the sidelines because he doesn't like water

I wonder how much energy and fluids Odell expends during his numerous sideline antics?

Maybe if he eliminated those, he wouldn’t need an IV at all.

I hate the Giants with a passion but they were right to try & trade this A hole. In the NFL, I try to imagine with these scenarios what Belichick would do. Hate on Belichick all you want but team always comes first. Yes, he can get away with it because of Brady but the Giants are 1-5 with OBJ & hopefully 1-6 after the game in Atlanta. 

Sometimes a guy is just not worth the distraction. I'd hate to be Mara hearing a statement like that from a guy you just paid an astronomical fortune too. This is a business that guaranteed money will ruin. In any other business he'd be fired for insubordination. It'd be like trader making 10 million on Wall Street & he walks into his boss office & tells him to go f*ck himself. He'd be looking for a new job immediately. 

21 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Mara said what he said a couple of days after the OBJ interview aired, not a week. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Mara said what he said a couple of days after the OBJ interview aired, not a week. 

You're wrong. Odell's quotes were out there days before the Sunday ESPN aired them. Which was ONE WEEK before Mara said what he said mid week after the Eagles loss when the fans were screaming about Eli. Even if you were right, which you're not. stop nitpicking. "couple days, not a week"... REALLY? That's what you're bringing to the table???? 

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You're wrong. Odell's quotes were out there days before the Sunday ESPN aired them. Which was ONE WEEK before Mara said what he said mid week after the Eagles loss when the fans were screaming about Eli. Even if you were right, which you're not. stop nitpicking. "couple days, not a week"... REALLY? That's what you're bringing to the table???? 

Nitpicking?  Youre telling us that the owner, paying out 80mil or so to a whiney WR who just ripped his HC, team and QB shouldn't have the right to say that the player should make more headlines on the field than off needs to respond in a timely manner or not?  It all would have gone away if not for Mara?  Reeaaallly?  

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

I hate the Giants with a passion but they were right to try & trade this A hole. In the NFL, I try to imagine with these scenarios what Belichick would do. Hate on Belichick all you want but team always comes first. Yes, he can get away with it because of Brady but the Giants are 1-5 with OBJ & hopefully 1-6 after the game in Atlanta. 

Sometimes a guy is just not worth the distraction. I'd hate to be Mara hearing a statement like that from a guy you just paid an astronomical fortune too. This is a business that guaranteed money will ruin. In any other business he'd be fired for insubordination. It'd be like trader making 10 million on Wall Street & he walks into his boss office & tells him to go f*ck himself. He'd be looking for a new job immediately. 

Aaron Hernandez says what?

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Nitpicking?  Youre telling us that the owner, paying out 80mil or so to a whiney WR who just ripped his HC, team and QB shouldn't have the right to say that the player should make more headlines on the field than off needs to respond in a timely manner or not?  It all would have gone away if not for Mara?  Reeaaallly?  

LMAO What are you talking about? Do you even remember what you originally posted? I said Mara's comments came a week after OBJ's. You posted... "they came a few days after, not a week". THAT's ALL YOU SAID. then I told you "you were wrong, They WERE a week prior, but either way, a few days, or a week, you were nit picking". Now you reply with a post that I actually agree with, but has absolutely NOTHING to do with your first post regarding the timing of Mara's remarks. If you want to argue, at least argue about what we were talking about. It would make more sense.

Archived