Jump to content

Browns just traded Carlos Hyde to Jaguars for a 5th


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Have to wonder what the Browns are up to. Good trade for the Jags, but once Fournette returns they will have 3 standout backs.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jaguars-trade-draft-pick-cleveland-running-back-hyde-200947476--spt.html

Didn't see this posted before if it was, my apologies

 

 

They want to get Chubb more time. And I wonder if Fournette is more hurt than originally thought

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Chubb is ready to blow up. I’m using half my FAAB on him.

Had Freeman in all my Leagues and just took a big hit with him but Chubb was available in every League so hopefully he can pick me up.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hyde sucked this year.  Good trade by the browns.  Chubb * Duke is a nice combo.

Hyde played very well this year. Chubb just has 170 yards on 16 attempts. They are ready to start him as the full time bell cow. 

Hyde has been dynamic in both the run and pass game. I have him on fantasy. He’s gotten me some good points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hyde played very well this year. Chubb just has 170 yards on 16 attempts. They are ready to start him as the full time bell cow. 

Hyde has been dynamic in both the run and pass game. I have him on fantasy. He’s gotten me some good points. 

So far this year, hyde has 114 carries for 382 yards.  That is only 3.4 ypc  He also only has 6 catches.

Those numbers are terrible.  The browns got better by getting rid of him and giving those carries to chubb.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stashing Chubb on my short bench for the last 3 weeks finally pays off. To be fair, I just figured Hyde would eventually get hurt, but this is even better. Completely clears the way for Chubb. Except Duke’s going to get all of 3rd downs because he’s great at catching, but more importantly, Chubb straight out sucks at pass protection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So far this year, hyde has 114 carries for 382 yards.  That is only 3.4 ypc  He also only has 6 catches.

Those numbers are terrible.  The browns got better by getting rid of him and giving those carries to chubb.

 

Weren't almost 100 in the game against us? Yeesh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hyde played very well this year. Chubb just has 170 yards on 16 attempts. They are ready to start him as the full time bell cow. 

Hyde has been dynamic in both the run and pass game. I have him on fantasy. He’s gotten me some good points. 

Duke Johnson complained about his usage this past week too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

Lot of speculation in the Cleveland area that Dorsey traded Hyde to force Hue Jackson to give more carries to Chubb and Johnson.  

 

This is what happens when a competent GM gets stuck with an incompetent HC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dcat said:

 The minute they drafted Chubb and extended Duke Johnson, everyone knew it would be one year and out for Hyde.  And they come away with an extra draft pick.  Good move by Cleveland.

Dorsey seems to be managing well.  They are building for the future and trading away veteran rental players who are not the Long term plan, and gaining draft capital. 

The Jets have guys like Skrine and Pryor on the roster.  To me, anyone on the last year of their contract should be either extended or offered for trade. You are part of the future, or you are not.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the Jags tried to get Tyrod thrown into that trade as well. I know he was bad this year before he got benched but he did lead the Bills to the playoffs last year even after Peterman cost them a game all by himself. He could have pushed Bortles and been a legitimate option if the Jags wanted to make a change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, varjet said:

Dorsey seems to be managing well.  They are building for the future and trading away veteran rental players who are not the Long term plan, and gaining draft capital. 

The Jets have guys like Skrine and Pryor on the roster.  To me, anyone on the last year of their contract should be either extended or offered for trade. You are part of the future, or you are not.  

The browns did this because they have 2 solid players behind him.  

We need skrine and pryor this year.  

You saw what having perry nickerson out there last week looked like.  And with pryor out this week, who the hell knows who will be out there catching balls.

The browns upgraded by getting rid of hyde.  We would be downgrading by getting rid of skrine and pryor.  Thats not how you run a business.

Link to post
Share on other sites

s

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The browns did this because they have 2 solid players behind him.  

We need skrine and pryor this year.  

You saw what having perry nickerson out there last week looked like.  And with pryor out this week, who the hell knows who will be out there catching balls.

The browns upgraded by getting rid of hyde.  We would be downgrading by getting rid of skrine and pryor.  Thats not how you run a business.

skrine and Pryor suck and parry nickerosn, a rookie late rounder is almost as good as skrine right now.  If we can't upgrade on pryor next year then mac needs to be sh*t canned.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...