Jets Releasing Terrelle Pryor...

AbstraKt

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This has to be to bring someone on from FA or from PS.

OR...a trade is coming?

Bowles did say that they had a big move to make but they were waiting to see how the WR injuries panned out this week.

this must be it. Did not expect this though.

Maybe both.  You can't bring a FA in today and expect him to contriubte much tomorrow.  So maybe they bring up Burnett for tomorrow and then add either Matthews or Coleman on Monday.  Raiders are also rumored to be shopping Cooper.  

Crap, I like the kid....saw him at the Coliseum his first start at QB for tOSU, vs arguably the greatest defense in the PC era.  Kid didn't flinch, was composed and played tough.  He was a true freshman, have to respect him for that, even though he is playing a different position.

Don't like the cut but don't know enough behind the scenes to judge.  Pryor is that big, athletic red zone target that every team needs.  I guess we can use Herndon or another of the 40 TEs we have but I was warming up to Pryor a lot.  I don't think the Pats grab him because they already have Gordon.  However, I think there will be interest in him once he's medically cleared.  I can't believe there wasn't another way to clear a roster spot if we had any intention of bringing him back so I'm doubtful that happens.

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Don't like the cut but don't know enough behind the scenes to judge.  Pryor is that big, athletic red zone target that every team needs.  I guess we can use Herndon or another of the 40 TEs we have but I was warming up to Pryor a lot.  I don't think the Pats grab him because they already have Gordon.  However, I think there will be interest in him once he's medically cleared.  I can't believe there wasn't another way to clear a roster spot if we had any intention of bringing him back so I'm doubtful that happens.

Me too. He seemed to be developing some decent chemistry with Sam.

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Interesting. Have to see what happens. You have to wonder how did he tear his groin with such limited playing time, and why would another team want him?

There's GOT to be more to this story. Seems like they had so many other options.

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think there is much evidence that Pryor was a target Darnold trusts.  Quite a bit of evidence that indicates the opposite I think.

He's behind only Robby with TD catches, has the same amount of catches as Robby, and is near the top of the WRs in terms of yardage despite getting little to no in game reps compared to the other guys.  

People are going to justify this because he complained once about being frustrated about his role because he feels like he's made plays in limited action (which he has), but if we sign Rishard Matthews I hope you guys all know that he has an attitude issue 10x worse than Pryor.

I'm not a fan of the move.  As much as I like Deontay Burnett from his USC days, he's not going to make any difference whatsoever.  There is a better chance of him being another Scotty McKnight than anything else of relevance.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think there is much evidence that Pryor was a target Darnold trusts.  Quite a bit of evidence that indicates the opposite I think.

That's not true at all.  He's made some throws to Pryor where Pryor had to make some plays on the ball.

Anyway, this seems like a stupid move.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Maybe both.  You can't bring a FA in today and expect him to contriubte much tomorrow.  So maybe they bring up Burnett for tomorrow and then add either Matthews or Coleman on Monday.  Raiders are also rumored to be shopping Cooper.  

I want Cooper BAD! I think he can play and just needs a new situation. He was a pro bowler in his first two years. 

That doesn’t happen by luck. He’s so smooth running routes and Darnold needs that because he throws to his WR’s with a lot of trust that they will be in a certain spot on time.

Archived