Jets Releasing Terrelle Pryor...

AbstraKt

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I want Cooper BAD! I think he can play and just needs a new situation. He was a pro bowler in his first two years. 

That doesn’t happen by luck. He’s so smooth running routes and Darnold needs that because he throws to his WR’s with a lot of trust that they will be in a certain spot on time.

Would be a nice pickup but I don't see any way it happens.  Gruden is said to value Cooper at a first round pick.  Personally, I have a hard time thinking Cooper, as he is currently performing, is worth any more than Carlos Hyde to a team, which puts his value at a 5th.  Maybe the Jets would pony up a 4th instead, but with no 2nd rounder next year, I think a 3rd is highly unlikely and in no alternate dimension in the multiverse is Cooper worth a 1st round pick.  So unless Gruden suddenly decides to cut bait and take whatever he can get, I don't see him coming here or really going anywhere.  

54 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This is weird. With Burris, Fatukasi, Jones, Cannon, Tomlinson and Pierre-Louis on the roster as easily cuttable players why did we cut the WR with decent chemistry with Darnold.

Because most of the guys you mentioned are very young with potential or, in Tomlinson’s case, serve a specific function. Pryor is 29. And he gets injured frequently. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm going to justify it because he's not good.  I couldn't care less about what he thought about his role in the offense.  I respect your opinion, and not saying you are necessarily doing this, but people confuse flashy with good. 

Pryor makes on occasional flashy play.  I don't think he's got any impact on Darnold's development.  For every crazy catch he has made, he's also cut a route short or half a**ed a route when if he thought the ball was going elsewhere.

I didn't mind having him as a 4th WR, but I don't think this has any negative impact on Darnold.

Just gonna go ahead and agree to disagree with ya on this one man.

Especially when you factor in that guys like Rishard Matthews are worse in the lazy/malcontent department, and Deontay Burnett isn't good or flashy, and those are alternatives right now.  Pryor is a really great option as a 4WR, and a solid #3 because he can go outside and inside.  Far better option than Rishard Matthews or Deontay at least. 

Barring any unforeseen trade, I hate this move.

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

They probably have an agreement with Pryor. They are too banged up to carry all these injured players. He is not hurt enough to be put on IR but they need healthy bodies at WR. Look for Burnett to be added to active roster.

This exactly!!! 

DB and WR injuries too much to overcome without a move like this, makes sense.  Burnett gets a taste of action, Prior will be back!

Only other possibility is a trade coming, but I doubt it!

44 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Cutting him today suggests that he is coming back because teams won’t have a chance to grab him for this week

Even if a team wanted him, they'd have to wait at least two weeks for him to get healthy before he could start practicing and gain chemistry with their QB.

Plus it wasn't like teams were banging down his door this off-season. We got him for nothing. 

It's a risk but a calculated one by Macc. 

37 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I think TE rookie Chris Herndon can replace Pryor in the offensive sub-packages because he's the next receiving option that comes to close to size - 6'4" - and athleticism to what Pryor offered. He's more in the long-term plans the Pryor was at this stage. 

Herndon has shown good speed and had that highlight leaping reception over Indy's CB. 

Jets will be doing a lot of 2TE power formations the next two weeks

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Even if a team wanted him, they'd have to wait at least two weeks for him to get healthy before he could start practicing and gain chemistry with their QB.

Plus it wasn't like teams were banging down his door this off-season. We got him for nothing. 

It's a risk but a calculated one by Macc. 

Pryor is a JAG who somehow people think is this good player because he had a 1,000 yd season on a garbage team years ago and played qb in college

He was injured probably worse than the jets are even saying and wasn’t good

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Maybe both.  You can't bring a FA in today and expect him to contriubte much tomorrow.  So maybe they bring up Burnett for tomorrow and then add either Matthews or Coleman on Monday.  Raiders are also rumored to be shopping Cooper.  

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Either that or Coleman.  I’d like to be an optimist and think the jets are about to announce they traded a 3rd and a 4th for Cooper but I doubt it

Coleman has been a Giant for 2 days now.

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Pryor is a JAG who somehow people think is this good player because he had a 1,000 yd season on a garbage team years ago and played qb in college

He was injured probably worse than the jets are even saying and wasn’t good

If I had to rank the Jets wrs, Pryor would be 4th behind Anderson, enunwa and kearse. And it's not like we have an elite group so I can't really argue with that. 

But he has been semi productive so I get why some don't want to risk losing him for nothing.

This only makes sense if they bring up burnett today and then sign another guy Monday because the groin injury is more serious than originally thougt

the guys that get bounced around the back end of the roster week by week are fringe guys

not guys catching TDs

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think there is much evidence that Pryor was a target Darnold trusts.  Quite a bit of evidence that indicates the opposite I think.

exactly. I mean the last couple weeks he hit him for some touchdowns but I dont think he trusts him like enunwa, robby anderson.or kearse

Archived