This Jets/Vikings game is a MUST WIN. Here's why.

Villain The Foe

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Jets have not won a game since I created this thread almost 2 months ago. 

And they won't win another game this year.

2018 was always irrelevant.  Like I said back when you first posted this in the 4th post of this thread.  The only thing that mattered was Darnold's improvement.  Expecting anything else was setting yourselves up for emotional letdown.  I got 4 "confused" reps and even two "buttfumbles" for telling an obvious truth.

The problem is that this team is now so toxic, so close to self-destructing... I fear Darnold might have no chance the remainder of this season.  The team around him is going to quit and this will be the worst December in franchise history.

I expect another blowout tomorrow.  I won't be watching... only hoping they don't get Darnold killed.

So go ahead people... buttfumble me again...

Funny in a way looking back at the Posts in October. People still talking about going 8-8 etc.

I actually feel worse about this season than I did about Kotite's disaster. Perhaps for the first time in my fan hood I'm questioning what I'm I doing following this team.

Good luck to the Johnson's trying to rebrand this team without burning the whole thing down. 

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

And they won't win another game this year.

2018 was always irrelevant.  Like I said back when you first posted this in the 4th post of this thread.  The only thing that mattered was Darnold's improvement. 

And yet Darnold hasn't improved, so there goes that.

Expecting anything else was setting yourselves up for emotional letdown.  I got 4 "confused" reps and even two "buttfumbles" for telling an obvious truth.

Like expecting for any QB to improve or develop on a team you figured was always irrelevant? You got a confused rep on this ^^^ post as well as your original because it didn't make sense then or today. The next thing you say will prove it. 

The problem is that this team is now so toxic, so close to self-destructing... I fear Darnold might have no chance the remainder of this season.  The team around him is going to quit and this will be the worst December in franchise history.

So in other words, you expected nothing from this toxic, so close to self-destructing team, that back in October you figured that the only thing that mattered was Darnold's development in such a toxic situation. Yet in December you now fear that Darnold might have no chance the remainder of this season. Well, how could you ever expect a 21 year old rookie to develop in such a toxic environment? 

So in essence you had expectations yourself that when you look at it, really made no sense. This is exactly why you received the "confused" post from me and this response below back in October: 

The only Jets fans not getting emotionally burned are fans who've been burned to the point that they watch a team with 0 expectations. What's the point of even watchng then?

And speaking of not watching the games, you're now saying...

I expect another blowout tomorrow.  I won't be watching... only hoping they don't get Darnold killed.

So go ahead people... buttfumble me again...

So you won't even watch the QB you hoped would develop on an irrelevant toxic team that you knew he was on since October when you made the post? Why NOT watch the game? Nothing has changed....except that Darnold really isnt developing as you hoped, so now there's no reason for you to watch the games. 

You didn't get buttfumbles because you told the truth. You received buttfumbles because your expectations for Darnold was more in dissonance with the overall irrelevancy you put forth on this Jets team overall.  The proof is in the pudding. Because of this team overall Darnold leads the league in INT's yet hasn't played in almost a month and is 28th in TD passes. Placing your expectation in a rookie to develop on a toxic irrelevant team and then deciding to not watch him as he struggles...says alot. I didn't have that expectation, because like I also said to you back in October...

Im not looking to watch Sam "Get Better". I dont just watch quarterback, I watch Football. If I wanted to watch quarterback I would have just been a Colts fan. 

And for that, you my friend have received another confused emoji from me. It didn't make sense in October, and the result now that we're in December proved my "confusion" emoji to be absolutely correct.

Because if I weren't correct you'd be watching Sam Darnold play later today. 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Funny in a way looking back at the Posts in October. People still talking about going 8-8 etc.

I actually feel worse about this season than I did about Kotite's disaster. Perhaps for the first time in my fan hood I'm questioning what I'm I doing following this team.

Good luck to the Johnson's trying to rebrand this team without burning the whole thing down. 

I feel you. You know it's bad when your avatar uses the Browns colorway to express your displeasure with the team, only to see that years later the Browns are ALSO a better team than your Jets. 

The Jets have now become our version of "The factory of sadness". lol. 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

And yet Darnold hasn't improved, so there goes that.

Like expecting for any QB to improve or develop on a team you figured was always irrelevant? You got a confused rep on this ^^^ post as well as your original because it didn't make sense then or today. The next thing you say will prove it. 

So in other words, you expected nothing from this toxic, so close to self-destructing team, that back in October you figured that the only thing that mattered was Darnold's development in such a toxic situation. Yet in December you now fear that Darnold might have no chance the remainder of this season. Well, how could you ever expect a 21 year old rookie to develop in such a toxic environment? 

So in essence you had expectations yourself that when you look at it, really made no sense. This is exactly why you received the "confused" post from me and this response below back in October: 

And speaking of not watching the games, you're now saying...

So you won't even watch the QB you hoped would develop on an irrelevant toxic team that you knew he was on since October when you made the post? Why NOT watch the game? Nothing has changed....except that Darnold really isnt developing as you hoped, so now there's no reason for you to watch the games. 

You didn't get buttfumbles because you told the truth. You received buttfumbles because your expectations for Darnold was more in dissonance with the overall irrelevancy you put forth on this Jets team overall.  The proof is in the pudding. Because of this team overall Darnold leads the league in INT's yet hasn't played in almost a month and is 28th in TD passes. Placing your expectation in a rookie to develop on a toxic irrelevant team and then deciding to not watch him as he struggles...says alot. I didn't have that expectation, because like I also said to you back in October...

And for that, you my friend have received another confused emoji from me. It didn't make sense in October, and the result now that we're in December proved my "confusion" emoji to be absolutely correct.

Because if I weren't correct you'd be watching Sam Darnold play later today. 

They were irrelevant in October.  For you to care whether they won or lost versus the Vikings was at best overly optimistic.  In my honest opinion... ridiculous.  That never mattered.  The Jets were going nowhere.

The Jets were not toxic in October.   That is a newer development.   I didn't say anything like that six weeks ago or whatever it was.  They have always been horribly coached though. 

The mindset of "Oh, let's just watch the kid and see how  he does" is fine under almost any circumstances.   Except maybe what is happening with this franchise right now.  A complete unraveling from top to bottom.  In-fighting.  Distrust.  Lame duck coaches. 

This could get so much uglier than it already is...  I am not sure everyone is grasping that yet.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

They were irrelevant in October.  For you to care whether they won or lost versus the Vikings was at best overly optimistic.  In my honest opinion... ridiculous.  That never mattered.  The Jets were going nowhere.

Technically they were relevant in October, hence the "must win" theme of the thread. Feeling a particular way about your team, and the reality of the circumstance are two different things. 

But to your credit, caring whether or not a team that I'm allocating time to wins an important game of their season is at best overly optimistic, especially when this is a failure of a franchise for the most part. So you do have a point there. 

With that being said, having this mindset of "Darnold's development this season is important, though the Jets are going nowhere" is just as overly optimistic on your part, and even more ridiculous by the fact that you correctly point out my overly optimistic suggestion in October while not seeing your own, then pretend as if you have "nothing" invested. 

The Jets were not toxic in October.   That is a newer development.   I didn't say anything like that six weeks ago or whatever it was.  They have always been horribly coached though. 

The mindset of "Oh, let's just watch the kid and see how  he does" is fine under almost any circumstances.   Except maybe what is happening with this franchise right now.  A complete unraveling from top to bottom.  In-fighting.  Distrust.  Lame duck coaches. 

This could get so much uglier than it already is...  I am not sure everyone is grasping that yet.

They werent toxic? You're acting like infighting, distrust and lame duck coaching (and lame duck play I might add) is just the "latest" thing with this regime. Didnt we have that same Lame duck play situation with Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson? Didnt we have infighting with Brandon Marshall, Brandon Marshall, Geno Smith?

Didnt we have distrust and scapegoating this past August with Pepper Johnson making public "The real" that was going on in that Bowles regime? Didnt we watch the unraveling from the top on numerous occasions, such as Macc being pressured to make terrible decisions like signing Fitz to 12 million only to piss off the Fanbase by the time we finished with those 6 picks playing against KC? Or how about the time he held 4 QB's on the roster because he couldnt make a decision, or the time he signed another Journeyman to 10 million to be a players coach/mentor? Or the time he traded a competent, quality QB for a 3rd round pick because he had already paid a journeyman 10 million to be a mentor and just a couple seasons ago this is the same guy who carried 4 QB's on the roster but cant find a good reason to keep the best QB we had and now carry 3.

The Jets didnt become toxic just 15 minutes ago, they've been toxic since 2016 brother. 

We've gone from watching Wilk and Sheldon put forth lame duck performances to now watching Big Cat do so and get out performed by some no-name free agent wearing Wilk's old number. 

I perfectly grasp how this could get so much uglier. Macc and Bowles could be retained, thats how. Or maybe the Oline that Macc has ignored his entire regime injures Darnold yet again. 

This Jets team is the same team it was 2 months ago, because it's the same team for the past couple years. 

The only difference? You now realize that you had your own level of optimism before realizing that maybe you shouldnt have and have officially decided to stop watching the games as well. 

I stopped soon after they didnt act like they wanted to win after the vikings game. When did you decide to stop supporting the QB you felt should be developing with this irrelevant team? 

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Technically they werent relevant in October, hence the "must win" theme of the thread. Feeling a particular way about your team, and the reality of the circumstance are two different things. 

But to your credit, caring whether or not a team that I'm allocating time to wins an important game of their season is at best overly optimistic, especially when this is a failure of a franchise for the most part. So you do have a point there. 

With that being said, having this mindset of "Darnold's development this season is important, though the Jets are going nowhere" is just as overly optimistic on your part, and even more ridiculous by the fact that you correctly point out my overly optimistic suggestion in October while not seeing your own, then pretend as if you have "nothing" invested. 

They werent toxic? You're acting like infighting and distrust and lame duck coaching (and lame duck play I might add) is just the "latest" thing with this regime. Didnt we have that same Lame duck play situation with Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson? Didnt we have infighting with Brandon Marshall, Brandon Marshall, Geno Smith?

Didnt we have distrust and scapegoating this past August with Pepper Johnson making public "The real" that was going on in that Bowles regime? Didnt we watch the unraveling from the top on numerous occasions, such as Macc being pressured to make terrible decisions like signing Fitz to 12 million only to piss off the Fanbase by the time we finished with those 6 picks playing against KC? Or how about the time he held 4 QB's on the roster because he couldnt make a decision, or the time he signed another Journeyman to 10 million to be a players coach/mentor? Or the time he traded a competent, quality QB for a 3rd round pick because he had already paid a journeyman 10 million to be a mentor and just a couple seasons ago this is the same guy who carried 4 QB's on the roster but cant find a good reason to keep the best QB we had and now carry 3.

The Jets didnt become toxic just 15 minutes ago, they've been toxic since 2016 brother. 

We've gone from watching Wilk and Sheldon put forth lame duck performances to now watching Big Cat do so and get out performed by some no-name free agent wearing Wilk's old number. 

I perfectly grasp how this could get so much uglier. Macc and Bowles could be retained, thats how. Or maybe the Oline that Macc has ignored his entire regime injures Darnold yet again. 

This Jets team is the same team it was 2 months ago, because it's the same team for the past couple years. 

The only difference? You now realize that you had your own level of optimism before realizing that maybe you shouldnt have and have officially decided to stop watching the games as well. 

I stopped soon after they didnt act like they wanted to win after the vikings game. When did you decide to stop supporting the QB you felt should be developing with this irrelevant team? 

Some reasonable stuff.

I haven't stopped supporting Sam Darnold.   Still have high hopes for him.  It's the franchise I don't trust.  They'll keep Macc which is probably wrong.  Although I am not 100% positive on that one.  They'll probably hire the wrong HC. 

And the Jets are currently unwatchable.  Whether Darnold plays or not.  It is hard to stomach seeing Blowes on the sideline, even with zero emotion invested in the game.  He, individually, is sickening... if that makes sense.

The inevitable "white flag" down two scores 4th quarter punt is truly incredible.   You'll see one today for sure.  But it might be 3 scores down.

23 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Some reasonable stuff.

I haven't stopped supporting Sam Darnold.   Still have high hopes for him.  It's the franchise I don't trust.  They'll keep Macc which is probably wrong.  Although I am not 100% positive on that one.  They'll probably hire the wrong HC. 

And the Jets are currently unwatchable.  Whether Darnold plays or not.  It is hard to stomach seeing Blowes on the sideline, even with zero emotion invested in the game.  He, individually, is sickening... if that makes sense.

The inevitable "white flag" down two scores 4th quarter punt is truly incredible.   You'll see one today for sure.  But it might be 3 scores down.

All of this, I agree with. This is why Im also not wasting my time watching the game. 

Differnce for me is, when the season is young and they had opportunity to make something of it, I would support. When they show that they're continuing on with the same nonsense, I stop. 

Calling it quits before holloween? C'mon. 

EDIT: If Macc is the GM next year, im not even wasting my time. :-) 

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

All of this, I agree with. This is why Im also not wasting my time watching the game. 

Differnce for me is, when the season is young and they had opportunity to make something of it, I would support. When they show that they're continuing on with the same nonsense, I stop. 

Calling it quits before holloween? C'mon. 

I called it quits before the Lions game.   I will never emotionally invest in this team again until I know the QB is in place, with a roster around him good enough to win the AFCE.  That wasn't the case this season.  It was never realistic.  If they aren't hosting playoff games... it's a waste of time.

Almost certainly won't be next year either but can't rule it out yet.  I have always had eyes set on 2020.  Been saying that for almost 2 years now.

16 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I called it quits before the Lions game.   I will never emotionally invest in this team again until I know the QB is in place, with a roster around him good enough to win the AFCE.  That wasn't the case this season.  It was never realistic.  If they aren't hosting playoff games... it's a waste of time.

Almost certainly won't be next year either but can't rule it out yet.  I have always had eyes set on 2020.  Been saying that for almost 2 years now.

Look at the emoji I left. 

Archived