OFFICIAL JETS VS VIKINGS GAME THREAD!!!!

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, genot said:

The biggest goat on the Jets today was Kearse. He needed to step up, and instead he disappeared. What makes it worse is they were intent all day on taking Anderson out of the game, and had a hard time doing it. Two bad overthrows by Darnold, when Anderson had his man beat.

Bad overthrow? He was playing in 40mph winds any deep ball was a total prayer 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Defense ran out of gas. I don't blame them for that. 

who do you blame for letting up 30+ pts on the regular? how bout under 24??  

so the O has to score AND defend??  its obvious the O had a bad day...   

D rund outta gas at the end pf 3q?  they run outta gas on the 1st drive?

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you guys talking about sam and anderson...  we gave up 37 pts...

how bout the D holding someone to under 30 pts?

4 weeks in a row over 30 pts....

They played hard. It’s almost like you didn’t watch the game. The defense did the best they could. They were on the field 70% of the time. Look at the freaking Time Of Possession. Darnold and the offense had plenty of opportunities to keep this game tight and they couldn’t.

im not saying the injuries didn’t play a part and I’m not saying the refs didn’t either but damn it when you get the ball on your own 35 or you have the ball on their 45..YOU HAVE TO CONVERT.

this is a playoff contending team with an explosive offense. They did what they could. When it falls apart, it falls apart.

let me remind you that 2 of those scores came off short field position from the Darnold picks and the other was the fumble.

they really damn well should of gave up a 4th score on the first Darnold pick but they held them and then we got lucky with the FG miss.

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you guys talking about sam and anderson...  we gave up 37 pts...

how bout the D holding someone to under 30 pts?

4 weeks in a row over 30 pts....

I think we beat Denver 30-12 a few weeks ago but I hear ya. Any defense that gives up 500 total yards to Blake Bortles is just not good. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

It's stupid and shows a lack of control nothing new for him. You can yell at the ref etc but you don't throw a ball at them. 

I don’t agree with throwing it but the refs were absolute trash.  I mean those are missed calls that could of gave us a chance

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I loved that pick at the draft. I know he dropped a lot of passes early this year but the kid can play

Yeah. Even after that Miami game, I was still kinda high on him, because despite a couple boneheaded plays, you couldn't deny the effort was there. Way more than most TE's we've gone through since Dustin Keller, one of the greatest Jet's JAGs in recent history.

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Cousins wasn’t good either and he has much much more talent around him

but cousins is a bad QB and Darnold is supposed to be good to great...so equaling cousins poor play isn't good in any way. 

This isn't a statement on Darnold's play, just saying using cousins for a comparison in any way is bad.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

They played hard. It’s almost like you didn’t watch the game. The defense did the best they could. They were on the field 70% of the time. Look at the freaking Time Of Possession. Darnold and the offense had plenty of opportunities to keep this game tight and they couldn’t.

im not saying the injuries didn’t play a part and I’m not saying the refs didn’t either but damn it when you get the ball on your own 35 or you have the ball on their 45..YOU HAVE TO CONVERT.

this is a playoff contending team with an explosive offense. They did what they could. When it falls apart, it falls apart.

let me remind you that 2 of those scores came off short field position from the Darnold picks and the other was the fumble.

they really damn well should of gave up a 4th score on the first Darnold pick but they held them and then we got lucky with the FG miss.

They did play well, especially in 1st half but ran out of gas and didn't get much help today from offense. They have still been a major disappointment this year considering all the assets and 1st round picks that have been used to improve the D. 

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Trade for Bell or Cooper

Darnold needs some legit talent around him. This is just ridiculous.

If Macc’s goofy ass sticks with Andre f*cking Roberts as the #2/#3 receiver next week then Johnson & Johnson should be dead set on cleaning house by early January.

The problem with trading for a wide receiver is that we'll have even less resources with which to shore up our Oline in next year's draft.

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's stupid and shows a lack of control nothing new for him. You can yell at the ref etc but you don't throw a ball at them. 

And if you’re gonna do that at least hit the guy in the head. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan needs to be let go. There’s no depth at all. The receiver group is pathetic. Same goes for the backs, there’s no young talent anywhere.

No disagreement, but you damn well better get rid of Bowles too, he is every bit as responsible for the lack of playmakers in offense 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan needs to be let go. There’s no depth at all. The receiver group is pathetic. Same goes for the backs, there’s no young talent anywhere.

I haven’t seen anything quite like it. Even the goddamn Browns managed to punch their way out of it with rudimentary moneyballing, which shouldn’t come as much of a surprise considering the NFL is basically run by a bunch of barbarians even as compared to the corresponding old boys who were ruining baseball twenty years ago. It’s hard to stay as bad as we have for as long as we have, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. No stars, no depth. You would expect to have done more right by sheer accident. We’re just such a dumpster fire for such preventable reasons. The Jets are the most willfully stupid team in all of sports possibly excepting the Knicks.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The problem with trading for a wide receiver is that we'll have even less resources with which to shore up our Oline in next year's draft.

Exactly. As happy as I am with sam it still cost us 3 high picks. I obviously don’t regret it but we need our picks 

Archived