Poorly coached team

Jetster

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

We have two guys on our active roster that can play center in Harrison and Dozier, neither of which is very good. If and when we need to replace Long it will come from our active roster not some guy we were trying to develop on the practice squad.

We've done that before and it was disastrous. Remember Colin Baxter?.....I do.

I get what you're saying, but do you really think it would've been more "disastrous" then the current situation?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I get what you're saying, but do you really think it would've been more "disastrous" then the current situation?

I want them to replace Long with Harrison and I know Harrison sucks. I'd rather a better exchange between the center and QB then a few missed blocks. It's a pick your poison kind of deal.

12 hours ago, ryu79 said:

The only pic where I'd really fault Sam was the first, which he underthrew. The second was a miscommunication with Roberts (who seemed to run a different route or run his route way diff to what Sam was thinking). Third was a great throw and reflected a lot of what Sam dealt with today from his teammates...

9 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

He threw 3. One was not his fault. I'm not saying he played well he didn't. This team has zero talent around him so it is what it is. The first drive he was on points then it fell apart. 

Im not harping on Darnold and his INT's, though to be honest, I've seen plenty Jets fans on this forum like @Philc1 and others say that "his stats are his stats"....when it comes to there QB's NOT named Sam Darnold, and will purposely ignore the context of how those plays occurred. Fortunately for you I have no motives to make Darnold look bad. 

My point wasn't to magnify the situation, it was just the fact of the matter. But given that I do perfectly understand that a QB can have a INT but we know damn well that the INT wasn't on him, I have no problem with you guys explaining that. However, what I will say is that it still doesnt negate the fact that Darnold couldnt even complete a pass during the entire 3rd quarter. Couldnt convert on 3rd down for the entire first half. Also, there was a stretch between the 2nd and 3rd qtrs where Sam completed 2-13 for minus 1 yard. 

He completed just 40% of his passes, and that stat I will hold him to given that though it is VERY true that he had a couple bad drops in the 2nd half, he was still over/under throwing his targets throughout the game as well, guys who were open, in which one under throw resulted in an interception.

Darnold had a bad game, but it's not the end of the world. One thing I will add is that I better not hear anyone  (Philc1) say that this offensive line is average. This Oline sucks major balls. 

8 hours ago, GreenFish said:

When the Jets win, everyone says the coaches coached well. At the end of the day, it comes down to players executing. The offense did not execute as a result the coaching seemed poor. The play calling was good the last two weeks because the players executed. It really does come down to the players. 

This is complete BS! Parcells took players who won 1 freaking game & turned that same band of ill executing losers into a decent squad! Coaching matters. Ok, so you can say Bowles isn't the worst coach in the league, but that's only because he's been here 4 + seasons! Everyone excuses this loser! "The Browns are way better than we thought", how many games have the Browns won since we blew that game?, "Bortles really is coming into to his own, even if he ripped us a new azz hole with a bunch of nobodies", Marrone benches Bortles for poor play. 

Bowles can't beat good teams! He went 10-6 with an incredibly WEAK schedule in 2015. His penchant to build some kind of Super defense has left the offense so poorly constructed we couldn't get a god damn 1st down yesterday for 20 minutes! 10 yards! We went backwards more than we went forward! In a league where every damn rule works in favor of offense we went backwards. I can't believe smart people would pay a dime for what they watched yesterday. It was like watching Army play Auburn. 

14 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This wasnt on the coaching. Missed passes down field, unable to convert on 3rd down. Numerous bad snaps that cause multiple fumbles, Sam Darnold not completing a pass in the entire 3rd quarter. Dropped passes to end drives in the 2nd half, poorly thrown INT etc. 

Blaming the coaches on this is an excuse. Players didnt execute on the field. Spencer Long is NOT an upgrade at center, more like a unilateral move....etc. 

This was on the players, all the way. 

Sam had a bad day, not unexpected.  lI have seen lots of vet QBs have bad days.  He was inaccurate. He threw more than his share of risky passes.  Everybody had a bad day.  The D had a good first half but hey broke down in the second.  When are we going to realize that we do not have a real running game?  Some days Crowell looks like Earl Campbell and other days he looks hesitant  And a consistent pass blocking scheme?  What I did with yesterday's game was file it.  BUt I did have one concern.  Is Bates good at what he does?  The execution was poor and the play selection may have been as well.  Is he outthinking the guy ont he other side?

9 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

How is saying that players are not executing a cop out? The players are the ones who play the game, not Bowles. When there's bad play calling, bad clock management, etc I blame Bowles and his staff.

The Jets lost this game because they made bad mistakes on the playing field. Darnold didn't play well, the secondary was banged up and got beat at key times. The Vikings hit some big plays. That was the game. The offense stalled consistently.

Can it never be the players fault?

shouldn't coaching take part of a hit for having poor players and not developing them? we are drafting from the same the pool as everyone else. Have't you ever wondered why we never seem to find a late round talent. Sure it could be the gm but it is also coaching the misuse of players. To me I question coaching more rather then the gm because the gm has at least found some players where we would be lucky if the coaching found a good player.

12 minutes ago, rammagen said:

shouldn't coaching take part of a hit for having poor players and not developing them? we are drafting from the same the pool as everyone else. Have't you ever wondered why we never seem to find a late round talent. Sure it could be the gm but it is also coaching the misuse of players. To me I question coaching more rather then the gm because the gm has at least found some players where we would be lucky if the coaching found a good player.

The best player from the Idzik years Enunwa sat on the bench for a while! 

16 minutes ago, rammagen said:

I'm not talking about drafting though. That's a separate issue. Bowles and Macc have not done a good job. But i'm talking about yesterdays game against the Vikings. What went wrong in that game was on the players, not the coach.

Bowles has done a really bad job in a lot of games as a head coach. Whether it be punting the ball late in a game and not getting the ball back, or going with a conservative play calling game plan, etc. Yesterday those things didn't happen. That's my point. We got beat on the field by a team that was just better than us. 

15 hours ago, Bugg said:

failing to challenge the Anderson drop speaks of a lack of attention to small but important detail. That's bad coaching. Also had 3 timeouts and the ball at halftime and totally pussyied out. Players are perpetually missing key details like the lateral. There's no downside to challenging the Anderson drop, and not being balls to the wall at the half is a joke. It's unacceptable.  

But what if they looked at it themselves and saw that it wasn’t a catch? 

15 hours ago, Bugg said:

Lack of balls in playcalling coupled with failing to challenge the Anderson drop speaks of a lack of attention to small but important detail. That's bad coaching. Also had 3 timeouts and the ball at halftime and totally pussyied out. Players are perpetually missing key details like the lateral. There's no downside to challenging the Anderson drop, and not being balls to the wall at the half is a joke. It's unacceptable.  

Grant you this was not an easy assignment and the run defense without Maye has been rough. But Bowles throws the balls out there, calls plays and....that's about it. No strategic thinking at all. 

Not going for points before the half showed Bowles was not as involved in the game now that he was not calling plays. He had Rodgers back and I think that may have changed how he coached. Same situation the week before when they actually went for points, what changed for yesterday’s game?  Throw in 3 penalties in the first 4 plays says a lot about prep. 

I know the argument for the Bowles apologist is, he has no talent to work with, so it’s not fair to criticize his coaching.

Despite the fact that he had a major influence on the roster, in both selection and development, let’s pretend for a second he was forced to take all these non playmaking defensemen while he was pounding the table for WRs and Oline, lol.

lets look at the converse of poor coaching to see if we can disprove this by saying, what does he do well as a HC?

does he hire good coordinators?

does he have a well disciplined team?

does he have innovative game plans that make you say wow?

does he manage the game really well?

does he get more out of his offense or defense than he shooed?

what exactly does he do well?

I mean, Barry Switzer won a SB with an uber talented team, Rich Kotite has winning seasons with the Eagles. I’m quite sure if you gave him an all world  roster he would look better, I probably would look good coaching that, but in the absence of that, what does he do well as a HC?

the only thing I can point to is he is even keeled, and I do think that is a good quality for a HC, outside of that, he is pretty terrible in every measure of a HC

Bowles said the Vikings did their howework on the offense.

Did you notice how well the Jets receivers were zoned? Even though Sam tried to thread the needle and were either dropped, through their hands and into the defenders hands.

Bates did not have an answer for it.

Work in progress

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This is complete BS! Parcells took players who won 1 freaking game & turned that same band of ill executing losers into a decent squad! Coaching matters. Ok, so you can say Bowles isn't the worst coach in the league, but that's only because he's been here 4 + seasons! Everyone excuses this loser! "The Browns are way better than we thought", how many games have the Browns won since we blew that game?, "Bortles really is coming into to his own, even if he ripped us a new azz hole with a bunch of nobodies", Marrone benches Bortles for poor play. 

Bowles can't beat good teams! He went 10-6 with an incredibly WEAK schedule in 2015. His penchant to build some kind of Super defense has left the offense so poorly constructed we couldn't get a god damn 1st down yesterday for 20 minutes! 10 yards! We went backwards more than we went forward! In a league where every damn rule works in favor of offense we went backwards. I can't believe smart people would pay a dime for what they watched yesterday. It was like watching Army play Auburn. 

when will people realize it;s a week to week league

Browns? have played 7 games - 4 have gone into OT w/a 1-2-1 record. 

So predictable here every week..when the jets lose its because of Bowles. When Jets win it's because of the players.

Only Bowles is a sh*tty game manager yet..."Down: Clock management. Doug Marrone couldn’t decide whether to force the Texans to run a play near end of the first half to maybe force a punt, but then waited until only nine seconds were left to call a timeout. He let 15-20 seconds go off the clock before Houston ran for a first down anyway to get to halftime"

Pretty sure noone has compared Parcells to Bowles. 

Only Jets locker room implodes..yet

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The doors opened briefly and closed a few seconds later, but the glimpse into Jacksonville’s locker room told the story of the team’s third consecutive loss.

Calais Campbell was holding back fellow defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, a carry-over from the screaming, shouting and finger pointing that ensued after a 20-7 loss to AFC South rival Houston(4-3) on Sunday.

“You all walk in here, you all see how it is in here, you all see how we vibe with each other, you all see how we vibe toward the coaches, you all see how it is,” cornerback Jalen Ramsey said. “It is no secret what’s going on here right now. Ain’t nobody going to say it because we can’t. But it ain’t no secret what’s going on and it ain’t right right now.”

https://www.apnews.com/25c48907e66146e7a6f0c393ec8e4ace

carry on.....

Everyone in this organization not named Darnold should be on the hot seat...from Mac (don't talk to me about injuries, the Vikes are as banged up as anyone) who put a roster around Darnold today of castoffs, special teamers, and UDFAs to throw to, to Bowles who just stands there as the refs screw over his team again and again to Spencer Johnson who is INCOMPETENT at the basic function of his job, to Jamal Adams who is a third round talent at BEST.

Everyone on this team should be on notice. I dont know who there is to fix this mess where guys would rather dance than jump on a loose ball and then just quit on plays when it suits them.

You dumped Terrell Pryor. Good for you. Meanwhile the Center has regressed to Wesley Johnson levels, nobody could catch, and a 21 year old kid is the most mature and accountable player on the roster, and you are SCREWING UP HIS DEVELOPMENT. Bates? Piss off. Bowles? Please.

This roster is not NFL quality, and Bowles manages to make them play even below their talent level.

We have ONE box checked (hopefully), but this team needs a top to bottom overhaul.

41 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Everyone in this organization not named Darnold should be on the hot seat...from Mac (don't talk to me about injuries, the Vikes are as banged up as anyone) who put a roster around Darnold today of castoffs, special teamers, and UDFAs to throw to, to Bowles who just stands there as the refs screw over his team again and again to Spencer Johnson who is INCOMPETENT at the basic function of his job, to Jamal Adams who is a third round talent at BEST.

Everyone on this team should be on notice. I dont know who there is to fix this mess where guys would rather dance than jump on a loose ball and then just quit on plays when it suits them.

You dumped Terrell Pryor. Good for you. Meanwhile the Center has regressed to Wesley Johnson levels, nobody could catch, and a 21 year old kid is the most mature and accountable player on the roster, and you are SCREWING UP HIS DEVELOPMENT. Bates? Piss off. Bowles? Please.

This roster is not NFL quality, and Bowles manages to make them play even below their talent level.

We have ONE box checked (hopefully), but this team needs a top to bottom overhaul.

Agree MANY on this roster wouldn't be in the NFL if not for the NY Jets. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree MANY on this roster wouldn't be in the NFL if not for the NY Jets. 

right. because if players on other teams were waived they wouldn't be out on the street...Wonder what those Tuesday workouts with every NFL team are all about

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

right. because if players on other teams were waived they wouldn't be out on the street...Wonder what those Tuesday workouts with every NFL team are all about

Looking to improve or sign guys to replace injured players. 

Where is guys like Christian Hackenberg or Devin Smith or DaMonte Stringfellow? 

Jalin Marshall is in the CFL I think. 

Todd Bowles is coaching the cheapest, least talented roster in football. they are like 20 mil under this year's cap right now.  That money is not going into the team, it's being used for for Woodrow's extravagant UK adventures.

Here's a spicy take this was a 0 win roster last year and Bowles stole 5 wins. This is like a 3 win roster now let's see how many more wins he steals. If he can get this sh*tburger to .500 he should be in the coach of the year conversation. 

22 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Todd Bowles is coaching the cheapest, least talented roster in football. they are like 20 mil under this year's cap right now.  That money is not going into the team, it's being used for for Woodrow's extravagant UK adventures.

Here's a spicy take this was a 0 win roster last year and Bowles stole 5 wins. This is like a 3 win roster now let's see how many more wins he steals. If he can get this sh*tburger to .500 he should be in the coach of the year conversation. 

so last week "experts" were talking about how the Jets could be taking off and a few days later we now have the worst roster in the league? we have more talent than Buffalo had last year and they made the playoffs, we had similar talent to Buffalo last year and we won 5 while they made the playoffs.  The difference is coaching. we have possibly the worst HC in the league, if we had a better one we'd be playoff contenders this year.

Bowles had a top 10 roster in 2015 and couldn't even make the playoffs despite one of the easiest scheds we have ever had.  He's an awful HC, he's a modern day Rich Kotite.  We blow leads at the same rate as we did under Rich.  we won't fulfill our potential until either Todd learns how to be a good NFL HC or we get a good NFL HC.

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so last week "experts" were talking about how the Jets could be taking off and a few days later we now have the worst roster in the league? 

When the season started the "experts" had this as an awful team.  They won a few games they shouldn't but this week was a reality check. There are contenders and pretenders and no one truly thought this team was a contender, not even last week.  

The only reason Bowles can steal any wins at all is because of Sam Darnold. When Sam plays amazing they win. When he throws the ball 3 feet over people's heads they lose. Todd Bowles is getting the most out of a depleted roster, and like most NFL HC's he goes as far as his QB takes him. But overall he's got less arrows in the quiver than any other HC. Don't make me go spot by spot on the depth chart. It's friggin embarrassing. 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When the season started the "experts" had this as an awful team.  They won a few games they shouldn't but this week was a reality check. There are contenders and pretenders and no one truly thought this team was a contender, not even last week.  

The only reason Bowles can steal any wins at all is because of Sam Darnold. When Sam plays amazing they win. When he throws the ball 3 feet over people's heads they lose. Todd Bowles is getting the most out of a depleted roster, and like most NFL HC's he goes as far as his QB takes him. But overall he's got less arrows in the quiver than any other HC. Don't make me go spot by spot on the depth chart. It's friggin embarrassing. 

No, they aren't a SB contender but they should be a playoff contender.  w/ a good HC this team should win around 8-9 games and that would be enough to remain in the race.  we should have won 7-8 games last year at least.

Todd Bowles has underachieved w/ his teams each year he's been in the league.  Rex Ryan once went 8-8 w/ a rookie named Geno Smith at QB.  I don't want to hear the QB excuses as Fitz and McCown both had career years w/ him and he couldn't win w/ either. Darnold will have ups and downs but Bowles is a defensive coach and there is a ton of talent on D to compete.  They should not be getting carved up every week like they have been.  That D should keep us in 80-90% of games, they haven't done that.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

No, they aren't a SB contender but they should be a playoff contender.   

seriously? 

they started the season without a real OLB/edge or TE and now they're clean out of WR and CB. This team is built to lose games and anything they steal is a credit to the coaches.  

the D has been excellent this year they get carved up when the O goes 3 and out a million times a game. Like what happened on Sunday. Coaches aren't drawing up plays for the QB to throw the ball high and outside. Coaches coach and the players need to execute. 

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

seriously? 

they started the season without a real OLB/edge or TE and now they're clean out of WR and CB. This team is built to lose games and anything they steal is a credit to the coaches.  

the D has been excellent this year they get carved up when the O goes 3 and out a million times a game. Like what happened on Sunday. Coaches aren't drawing up plays for the QB to throw the ball high and outside. Coaches coach and the players need to execute. 

Our TEs are fine.  We didn't have an edge rusher in 2009 or 2010, we didn't have one in 1998 or 2006. 

The D has been a joke this year, the talent is there to be a top half of the league D.  Good Ds don't give up just b/c their O is struggling.  The TOP on the season is about 50/50 so that excuse doesn't fly.  yesterday it was 32-28 in favor of Minnesota. They are just excuses for an underachieving defense.

The offense has scored 34, 34 and 35 in their 3 wins.  Good Ds don't need offenses to average almost 35 PPG to win games.

They got carved up by Baker in his first ever action, they allowed Tannehill to close out a game when his coach had zero confidence in him, they allowed Bortles to look like an all pro.  we know the O will be up and down w/ a rookie QB, we need to be able to count on the defense.  there's too much talent w/ a supposed defensive guru coaching the team to fail this miserably.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Looking to improve or sign guys to replace injured players. 

Where is guys like Christian Hackenberg or Devin Smith or DaMonte Stringfellow? 

Jalin Marshall is in the CFL I think. 

you can do this w/every team which is my point..

Last I knew Hack was on Cincy PS..Stingfellow just had a tryout and I don't think he was ever on the Jets 53

Smith got injured and can't be faulted since he didn't have any major injuries while in college

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Our TEs are fine.  We didn't have an edge rusher in 2009 or 2010, we didn't have one in 1998 or 2006. 

The D has been a joke this year, the talent is there to be a top half of the league D.  Good Ds don't give up just b/c their O is struggling.  The TOP on the season is about 50/50 so that excuse doesn't fly.  yesterday it was 32-28 in favor of Minnesota. They are just excuses for an underachieving defense.

The offense has scored 34, 34 and 35 in their 3 wins.  Good Ds don't need offenses to average almost 35 PPG to win games.

They got carved up by Baker in his first ever action, they allowed Tannehill to close out a game when his coach had zero confidence in him, they allowed Bortles to look like an all pro.  we know the O will be up and down w/ a rookie QB, we need to be able to count on the defense.  there's too much talent w/ a supposed defensive guru coaching the team to fail this miserably.

The Bills have the 3rd ranked D in the NFL and they lost 37-5 yesterday. YES good D's DO give up because their O is struggling.

Well not 'give up' but run out of gas. Like in the Cleveland game where the Jets played 3 games in 10 calendar days (2 away) and ran out of gas after going up 14-0. 

This is life in NFL 2018 the Jets will have to win far more games like the Colts where the OVER is 70 than games like yesterday when the wind is going 30 mph. Yes they will have to score 30 ppg to be a winner look at the Chiefs and the Rams this is how the league is now. 

and to take a step back, historically, this Jets team has always been this way. They always were known for their high flying offense. The D was always a footnote. This Jets' team has to outscore or get outscored. like 51-45 in the Marino era. 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Bills have the 3rd ranked D in the NFL and they lost 37-5 yesterday. YES good D's DO give up because their O is struggling.

Well not 'give up' but run out of gas. Like in the Cleveland game where the Jets played 3 games in 10 calendar days (2 away) and ran out of gas after going up 14-0. 

This is life in NFL 2018 the Jets will have to win far more games like the Colts where the OVER is 70 than games like yesterday when the wind is going 30 mph. Yes they will have to score 30 ppg to be a winner look at the Chiefs and the Rams this is how the league is now. 

and to take a step back, historically, this Jets team has always been this way. They always were known for their high flying offense. The D was always a footnote. This Jets' team has to outscore or get outscored. like 51-45 in the Marino era. 

Buffalo held Minnesota to 6, we allowed 37.

Buffalo struggled yesterday and allowed 35 points to Indy, we allowed 34 points to Indy.

The Bills also won a game 13-12, we have not won a game where our O scores less than 34 points.

cle played 3 games in 11 days, the Jets didn't run out of gas at Cleveland.  They didn't make any adjustments just like Todd told us.  he said the QB didn't matter but it was obvious from the first play of Baker that it mattered.

did we play 3 games in 10 days last year when we led NE by 14 and blew it?

how about the following week? 3 games in 10 days again when we blew a 14 pt FOURTH QUARTER lead to MATT MOORE and the inept dolphins?

the excuses don't matter, the stuff keeps happening under the same leadership.  It's not a coincidence.

No team should have to score 34+ a game to win.  certain games sure but not every game.  51-45 was not an every week occurrence.  It was actually very rare.

47 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No, they aren't a SB contender but they should be a playoff contender.  w/ a good HC this team should win around 8-9 games and that would be enough to remain in the race.  we should have won 7-8 games last year at least.

Todd Bowles has underachieved w/ his teams each year he's been in the league.  Rex Ryan once went 8-8 w/ a rookie named Geno Smith at QB.  I don't want to hear the QB excuses as Fitz and McCown both had career years w/ him and he couldn't win w/ either. Darnold will have ups and downs but Bowles is a defensive coach and there is a ton of talent on D to compete.  They should not be getting carved up every week like they have been.  That D should keep us in 80-90% of games, they haven't done that.

Bowles has not done a good job. But the idea that he underachieved last year and the year before isn't fair. Kill him for losing the game in 2015 in Buffalo, that's fair, even though plenty of blame goes on the players as well, especially the QB who threw the game away. But the Jets were an awful football team last year. They blew some games against better teams because they were an awful football team. In 2016 the talent they did have got old, and the schedule got tougher. They got beat up, the season was over, and they started playing games with the QB position.

This year they should be a team that competes for the playoffs if the QB plays well. They have talent.

52 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the excuses don't matter, the stuff keeps happening under the same leadership.  It's not a coincidence.

yeah bro the leadership is called Woody Johnson. The vikings buy players and coaches retail the Jets buy em at Dollar General. 

Bowles is not a difference maker like Belly but he's getting the most out of an awful, underfunded, 20-mil-under-the-cap-for-no-reason roster. 

Bowles is a terrible coach.  AT least most of the NFL realizes that by now.  He hasn't grown in any area and I think he's even sick of the job.  Hell, being head coach of the Jets is bad for ANYBODY'S health.  But let's at least make a proper change of it by firing Bowles and Macc.  Then we can start from scratch.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Another Bowles excuser! What was your excuse for him when his team didn't show up in Buffalo in 2015? Bills had injuries up the ying yang, and THEY DIDN'T EVEN PRACTICE because they had to dig out of a f*cking blizzard! They had already cleaned out their lockers & bought tickets to the warm weather! Every f*cking 3rd down & 8 they got 9! with CBs playing off 10 yards! HE STARTED STEVAN RIDLEY! The guy runs like he's wearing cement shoes! Some in this fan base deserve this sh*t! I guarantee you it's the same fans that supported Rex right up until the end! We have fans here that believe Bowles has NOTHING to do with the general make up of this team, its LUNACY.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I don't even know what to make of him anymore. It's not on Todd Bowles to teach Eric Tomlinson how to catch a football or Spencer Long how to snap. I'm all for piling on head coaches but after yesterday it's pretty clear the dude is working with a starting offense that shouldn't be starting. I have no idea how much of that is on him, nor does anyone else, so I don't get how fans can so firmly plant themselves on any one side of a debate on the subject.

21 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The young guys messed up everywhere.  Cannon runs out of bounds on a punt return and gets a penalty.  They were offsides on the opening kickoff, then had a personal foul.  Robbie Anderson gets whacked but there’s no PI call, then gets a personal foul for mouthing off to the ref.  I thought that sequence with Anderson captioned the day perfectly.  Anderson got mugged on the play, no penalty, but got a penalty for hurting the ref’s feelings.

Mouthing off wasn't all he did, he also threw the football at the ref.  That gets you a PF every time.  Lucky he wasn't ejected.  

On 10/21/2018 at 4:08 PM, Beerfish said:

Also 'players did jot execute' being said every week means that the team is poorly coached.

Correct, occasional problems could be laid at the feet of players not executing. However, when that is the issue every week it means the coaching/system/culture isn't effective.  I get that these guys are at work, but +-90% of them aren't professionals, they're merely overgrown kids who call themselves professionals, and they need structure and discipline. The whole "treating them like men" thing is a cop out by a poor coach who wants to be popular as opposed to holding players accountable. Take Rex for instance...

Archived