We need better players

GangGreenDover

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Coaches can’t mold garbage.

Give me talent first. We haven’t even been drafting good athletes under Macc until last year’s draft.

Bowles likely sucks but Macc very clearly sucks more.

but coaches can make decent players into garbage. My whole point ids you can't judge Mac picks until we actually get a coach that can idk coach

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Coaches can’t mold garbage.

Give me talent first. We haven’t even been drafting good athletes under Macc until last year’s draft.

Bowles likely sucks but Macc very clearly sucks more.

The unfortunate truth here. We got into analytics painfully late and unsurprisingly, the results speak for themselves with the low yield. 

2 hours ago, rammagen said:

but coaches can make decent players into garbage. My whole point ids you can't judge Mac picks until we actually get a coach that can idk coach

lol.  Of course you can judge Mac's picks.  They're terrible.  Pro sports are far more about talent than coaching. 

No chance do I want him hiring the next HC just so we can see him make terrible picks for a new guy. 

Why does it always have to be either / or.  Either Macc goes or Bowles goes.  These guys are in it together.  They are peers on the NYJ org chart.  Together they have built the team we have now.  A roster that is flawed, paper thin in critical areas and lacking playmakers on both sides of the ball.  On the field, they are undisciplined, inconsistent & mistake prone.  A team that seems to be content losing close games;  I think I recall hearing Bowles say that we were right there with the Vikings in the 3rd quarter.  Give me a break.  Good teams with deep rosters compete for 60 minutes.  Not 37 or 45. 60.  Well coached teams don't take solace in staying close for a while.  They compete to win.  Not lose by one score.  Or three.  It is on both of them. 

They are the leaders who have given us two consecutive 5-11 seasons, and likely a 3rd straight sub .500 season and a 4th straight season with no playoffs.  Willing to wait and see how the rest of this season plays out, but if we see more of the same over the next 9 weeks that we have seen in the last 2 1/2 seasons, then it is time to move on from both.  No half measures.

Archived