Sam was really bad

VinnyT16

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t agree. He had a great drive early and then the wind/defenses kicked in and either offense did anything for a quarter and  half. He was the better QB on the field in the first half.

How many times did the Jets start inside their own 20?

What happens the first time they get the ball with decent field position? (Crowell fumble)

a few huge drops 

The first int was a bad throw but he was trying to make something happen after a few anemic series 

2nd int was a good decision- it looked to me like Burnett didn’t go to the proper spot 

3rd int was a perfect throw 

Obviously not a good game overall but he didn’t some encouraging things. Part of the learning process.

worst player on the field? Lol nice troll job 

You all are about to get Nico’d in 5...4..3...2

Yeah but he definitely didn’t have a good game. People will blame it on the injuries and the drops and that’s fair TO AN EXTENT but he didnt play well and that’s just the fact of the matter. 

Thats okay. Patience. I see a lot of great things. He’ll be just fine.

I don’t like it when he does bad because it gives fans who liked other QB’s during the draft process a reason to smirk and say “HA told ya so” and that’s annoying as hell.

but Sam is the man and he’ll do fine next game and if he doesn’t? Oh well. He’ll do better the game after that.

point is...We got a good QB and he’ll be great some day if we can put some real talent around him.

Btw anyone who thinks the final score was indicative of the game is wrong. The defense was on the field soooooo long...the game was going to get out of control if the offense didn’t hold up their end at some point...overall u was happy with the D when it was still a game...although I wish we had more of a pass rush.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You all are about to get Nico’d in 5...4..3...2

Yeah but he definitely didn’t have a good game. People will blame it on the injuries and the drops and that’s fair TO AN EXTENT but he didnt play well and that’s just the fact of the matter. 

Thats okay. Patience. I see a lot of great things. He’ll be just fine.

I don’t like it when he does bad because it gives fans who liked other QB’s during the draft process a reason to smirk and say “HA told ya so” and that’s annoying as hell.

but Sam is the man and he’ll do fine next game and if he doesn’t? Oh well. He’ll do better the game after that.

point is...We got a good QB and he’ll be great some day if we can put some real talent around him.

Nobody is saying he was great.  But saying he was not only terrible but the worst player is just dumb as sh*t

Man...there were a lot of drops today and he was constantly receiving poor snaps. Tough afternoon for the whole offense.

His accuracy wasn't the best but he also showed flashes of himself on the two td drives. 

His chemistry was definitely not there with the backup receivers too. It looked on several throws that he was trying to throw people open and they ran the other way. 

Net outcome he had a bad game, but I wasn't too discouraged by what I saw.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Btw anyone who thinks the final score was indicative of the game is wrong. The defense was on the field soooooo long...the game was going to get out of control if the offense didn’t hold up their end at some point...overall u was happy with the D when it was still a game...although I wish we had more of a pass rush.

it took the D like 2 minutes to give up a TD...   must a been tired

Also- cousins is one lucky mother ****er. Both deep balls could/should have been incomplete... great D but the balls gets through in some flukey way. He was completely useless for 90% of the game. Take away those BS deep balls and he’s looking at 140 yards passing and no TDs

Just now, Losmeister said:

it took the D like 2 minutes to give up a TD...   must a been tired

The defense definetly gets a pass.  I mean last week the offense carried us and the defense was getting murdered but nobody mentioned it of course 

Just now, nico002 said:

Also- cousins is one lucky mother ****er. Both deep balls could/should have been incomplete... great D but the balls gets through in some flukey way. He was completely useless for 90% of the game. Take away those BS deep balls and he’s looking at 140 yards passing and no TDs

Very overrated. A good but not great QB which has been his career

Sam wasn’t great but far from the main issue. Spencer Long was a complete liability messing up numerous plays, the rest of the offensive line wasn’t much better especially Winters who was pushed back into Sams face on multiple occasions.

Outside of Herndon skill position play was dire, Powell going out was a big loss since Crowell has looked slow and pedestrian since getting hurt, yet Bowles continues to play him instead of giving Cannon a shot.

Recievers wise, Sam was throwing to career special teamers Peake and Roberts which says it all about the state of our receiver corps.

the posters seem to hang their hats on two drives where the D held them to Fgs.

but ignore 4 TD drives of 68 and 64 yds (1st half ) and 51 and 61 yds (2nd half) 

one sack , no turnovers and Lee ignoring a lateral to celebrate...   

admit it...   you were FINE with 5-11...  urst sucking and not sucking really bad....

10 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Exactly.

He was bad. That’s okay, bad days happen to rookies. The bigger problem is that we are a very injured team right now. If Powell is  out we’re really beat in terms of skill positions. 4 proven receivers and 2 proven running backs just became 2 receivers and 1 running back.

Archived