Officiating

nico002

Bowles stands on the sidelines like a deaf mute! Refs don’t have to worry about being called out in front of 80,000 HOME FANS!!!

Jets have ZERO home field advantage, never get calls they need & have them called on them at the absolute WORST times, after 3rd down conversions, trying to get offense going (no PI calls), always on STs that push them back playing by their own goal line. 

Parcells use to chew at them! Refs have zero respect for Todd Bowles, Jets might as well Roll a statue of him out there of him. It’s because of this coaches defensive/conservative bent that we have zero explosive offensive players! It is Todd (I want all pros on defense) fault!

1 hour ago, Grandy said:

Yeah the Robby one was a missed call.

Same thing happened against Denver. A missed call on a potential TD, next play pick.

That wasn't PI.  The guy turned his head around to locate the ball and their feet got tangled.  You would have been screaming bloody murder if that call went against the Jets on defense.

8 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

That wasn't PI.  The guy turned his head around to locate the ball and their feet got tangled.  You would have been screaming bloody murder if that call went against the Jets on defense.

Their feet did not get tangled. Rhodes was beat and he dove headlong into Anderson’s legs, about five feet short of the ball. Plays like that one draw a PI call all the time. There’s a line between a DB going for the ball and going through the motions for the purpose of interfering with a receiver. This play was the latter.  It was PI  

7 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Their feet did not get tangled. Rhodes was beat and he dove headlong into Anderson’s legs, about five feet short of the ball. Plays like that one draw a PI call all the time. There’s a line between a DB going for the ball and going through the motions for the purpose of interfering with a receiver. This play was the latter.  It was PI  

Whatever.  You wanna argue that... be my guest.   I hate officiating whining.  Especially when the Jets were sloppy and clearly beaten by a better team.  It's poor optics for Jets fans in my opinion.  Like I said... that is what Dolphans do.

The ASJ call against the Cheats last season?  Yeah... that pissed me off.

16 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Whatever.  You wanna argue that... be my guest.   I hate officiating whining.  Especially when the Jets were sloppy and clearly beaten by a better team.  It's poor optics for Jets fans in my opinion.  Like I said... that is what Dolphans do.

The ASJ call against the Cheats last season?  Yeah... that pissed me off.

You don’t think the two completely invented personal foul penalties on the first two kick offs affected the game?

It probably wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game, but that safety non call was really a head scratcher. Why did the refs have to justify placing the ball at the one by coming out and saying that it was due to the QB's  forward progress? 

By doing so, Bowles wasnt permitted to challenge...just asking. 

The Anderson play is one that’s called PI on the jets 10 out of 10 times. I get the tangled feet part, but the defender did hook Robbie with his arm as he was looking back for the ball. That’s PI. Also, there was a third down the Vikings picked up to thelien across midfield and a jet rushing up the middle was tackled by the offensive lineman and no call. I still think we lose the game, but when will the jets get the benefit of a call or two?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It probably wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game, but that safety non call was really a head scratcher. Why did the refs have to justify placing the ball at the one by coming out and saying that it was due to the QB's  forward progress? 

By doing so, Bowles wasnt permitted to challenge...just asking. 

Didn't realize that they couldn't challenge.  But it sure looked to me like Cousins was heading to the end zone on his own.  How can you get "forward progress" when the QB is heading backwards on his own?

Didn't realize that they couldn't challenge.  But it sure looked to me like Cousins was heading to the end zone on his own.  How can you get "forward progress" when the QB is heading backwards on his own?

I stepped away for a moment and when I saw the replay, I was asking why Bowles didn’t challenge the play. Forward progress makes no sense cause cousins was wrapped up and going backwards. That play should be allowed to be challenged.

17 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You don’t think the two completely invented personal foul penalties on the first two kick offs affected the game?

Actually, I think the poor play of Sam and the offense affected the game. Stop whining. We got beat. Our QB is going to be fine. It's ok. He will get better. He's not going to be great every game. He's a 21 year old rookie. But please, stop with the whining and the excuses. BTW we can do without a bunch of your patented "Actually, Sam was great on Sunday, this is why..." threads this week also. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

NFL is clearly controlling games with. Officials 

Been happening...

but I’ll let the “all’s fair in the NFL” brigade try and quiet those of us with functional eyes...

it is what it is...and it also doesn’t let the Jets off the hook for a sloppily played game against a superior opponent 

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Actually, I think the poor play of Sam and the offense affected the game. Stop whining. We got beat. Our QB is going to be fine. It's ok. He will get better. He's not going to be great every game. He's a 21 year old rookie. But please, stop with the whining and the excuses. BTW we can do without a bunch of your patented "Actually, Sam was great on Sunday, this is why..." threads this week also. Thanks.

Who mentioned the QB? The entire team was put behind the 8 ball because of two beyond bogus calls. Would the Vikings have still won? Probably- but denying the fact that these calls have an impact on the game is irrational. 

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Been happening...

but I’ll let the “all’s fair in the NFL” brigade try and quiet those of us with functional eyes...

it is what it is...and it also doesn’t let the Jets off the hook for a sloppily played game against a superior opponent 

Agree completely, but these games are often games of a few plays here or there. The officiating makes sure those plays don’t go in our direction 

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Who mentioned the QB? The entire team was put behind the 8 ball because of two beyond bogus calls. Would the Vikings have still won? Probably- but denying the fact that these calls have an impact on the game is irrational. 

Actually I was the one who mentioned the QB. I said the poor play of Sam and the rest of our offense had more of an impact on the game then your "two beyond bogus calls". Then I said stop whining and making excuses. ...and guess what? I just said it again.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually I was the one who mentioned the QB. I said the poor play of Sam and the rest of our offense had more of an impact on the game then your "two beyond bogus calls". Then I said stop whining and making excuses. ...and guess what? I just said it again.

Doesn’t matter that some things had more of an impact. The calls still affected the game. You love looking at things in the most basic way possible huh?

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Agree completely, but these games are often games of a few plays here or there. The officiating makes sure those plays don’t go in our direction 

That’s what most people don’t understand about the crooked officiating....it’s not even about the lopsided calls....football is a game of momentum....one timely call(or no call) can make all the difference in a game of a few plays here or there like you said 

The jets simply did not play well in the second half, but you can’t ignore missed calls. They can sway the course of a game as usually is the case for the Pats. Brady and belicheck work the refs and get calls. I believe when the safety was not called, the game was 7-7 and up for grabs. Having a lead 9-7 and getting the ball could of swing the momentum. As well as the non PI call, offensive holding when a jet running freely to cousins, crown penalty on 1st drive. As I said, we still lose, but calls do impact games.

13 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Your right and that’s what’s wrong with the NFL. The pats and other top teams seem to get calls (especially when they need them) and the jets never get a call when they need one.

C'mon. This simply can't be true. If it was, a team like the Jets could go as long as 50 years without winning a Super Bowl.

50 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The jets simply did not play well in the second half, but you can’t ignore missed calls. They can sway the course of a game as usually is the case for the Pats. Brady and belicheck work the refs and get calls. I believe when the safety was not called, the game was 7-7 and up for grabs. Having a lead 9-7 and getting the ball could of swing the momentum. As well as the non PI call, offensive holding when a jet running freely to cousins, crown penalty on 1st drive. As I said, we still lose, but calls do impact games.

It was 7-0 

Archived