Sheldon taking more opportunities to talk. “Darnold looked cold and frustrated”

Patriot Killa

If he was not frustrated by the snaps then there would be something wrong with him.

That is one issue that cannot be allowed to go on any longer.  It totally destroys plays and sooner or later the Qb is thinking about the snaps and not the other half dozen things he has to process each snap.  If the guy is injured he has to sit out, it is as simple as that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Idk even know wtf Skol means but it sounds stupid when they say it

It's a Scandinavian thing.

Anyway, at the end of the battle, Viking warriors would decapitate the king or leader of the tribe/army they had just vanquished and that night would drink from his skull--spelled skoll--as a sign of respect for the fallen opponent. It was only then, Viking warriors believed, could an opponent who had fought valiantly be allowed into Valhalla.  In battle, Vikings would urge each other forward by yelling "SKOLL" to one another. By doing so, they were telling each other to keep it up so they could drink from the skull (and the top of a lopped off skull looks roughly like a..wait for it...BOWL!!) of the Vanquished that night.

In my family it's a toast before you drink

but that story might also be true and sounds good lol

1 minute ago, Larz said:

It's a Scandinavian thing.

Anyway, at the end of the battle, Viking warriors would decapitate the king or leader of the tribe/army they had just vanquished and that night would drink from his skull--spelled skoll--as a sign of respect for the fallen opponent. It was only then, Viking warriors believed, could an opponent who had fought valiantly be allowed into Valhalla.  In battle, Vikings would urge each other forward by yelling "SKOLL" to one another. By doing so, they were telling each other to keep it up so they could drink from the skull (and the top of a lopped off skull looks roughly like a..wait for it...BOWL!!) of the Vanquished that night.

In my family it's a toast before you drink

but that story might also be true and sounds good lol

Ok that doesn’t seem so stupid anymore that was actually pretty interesting and informative.

thanks!

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

“He looked like he was cold. He looked like he was frustrated a little bit, frustrated with the play calling, frustrated with the line a little bit, he was frustrated.”

for those who can’t watch the video.

Thanks can’t watch at work.

Sheldon is captain obvious.

Listen we chirped about the lions after we whipped them. You win, you can talk. Bitching about it is pointless.

2 hours ago, thshadow said:

I also thought he looked uncomfortable with the weather.  For some reason he kept putting his *left* hand in that stomach pocket thing.  (Not sure why the left hand but not the right.)

And despite what Helen says about him playing in bad conditions... I'm sure that happened *sometimes*, but obviously he practiced at USC, played his home games at USC....  I'd bet >90% of his practice + game play was in very nice conditions.

I assume / hope that it will just take him some time to get used to bad weather.

I watched Carson Wentz lose the grip on a football yesterday after he caught the snap cleanly.  It was chilly and windy in Philadelphia yesterday, almost the same exact weather as at MetLife.  And, Wentz is a guy who played college ball in North Dakota.  And I'm not talking about the last play of the game here.... 

It was an earlier play where the ball just slipped out of his hand.  The commentator said something like, "that's what can happen in this weather.  The ball gets slick."

All I'm saying is that warm weather guys can play well in cold weather and sometimes cold weather guys play bad in cold weather.  I don't have any concerns about Darnold's ability to play in suboptimal weather moreso than any other QB.  The kid is pretty tough and he'll get experience with this kind of thing over the next couple months.  He also had a killer Pro Day in a driving rain at USC, throwing dimes all over the field.

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Frustrated?  What QB wouldn't be when the offense is struggling.  Cold?  I'm not buying that  You saw him on the sidelines, he ddidn't look like he needed a coat or a warmer.    Geesh, it wasn't 10 degrees..  

Either way, it's probably one of his first cold weather games in his career. It's ok if he was cold it didn't really effect his play. The drops and crappy wr play hurt him more than anything. 

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

He probably felt the gusts from your cold, dead heart.

ok, couldn't resist...carry on, oh expert on the development of rookie QBs and familiarity of a winning NFL culture.  ?

#BeatDown! When will you guys learn? You joke about our USC Trojan, you're gonna have to deal with Helen. You go girl...

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One of the reasons his stock remained high was because his pro day was in a cold downpour or rain.

A stink center  and zero talent around you kind of hurts a QB.  Plus he's a 21 year old rookie.  Sam Darnold is the least of our worries.

It’s funny.  For years so many jet fans complained about how mike Francesca railed the jets.  Today i was driving home from work and a caller asked what mike thought of darnold.  Mike couldn’t have been more effusive with praise.  He said he liked everything he’s seen from him, even yesterday.  He said he handled himself very well, considering how good the Vikings are and how undermanned the jets were on offense.  He thinks darnold is a star in the making and the jets are doing the right thing by playing him all year so he gets these tough experiences which will make him better.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s funny.  For years so many jet fans complained about how mike Francesca railed the jets.  Today i was driving home from work and a caller asked what mike thought of darnold.  Mike couldn’t have been more effusive with praise.  He said he liked everything he’s seen from him, even yesterday.  He said he handled himself very well, considering how good the Vikings are and how undermanned the jets were on offense.  He thinks darnold is a star in the making and the jets are doing the right thing by playing him all year so he gets these tough experiences which will make him better.  

Again as opposed to the golden Cows of Jets fans Joe Beningo and Evan Roberts. who just whine about everything

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I hope he didn’t look ******* happy. He was getting his ass handed to him. No one on the team should of looked anyway but angry or frustrated. As far as him being cold he can put on long johns. Welcome to the NE, it gets cold. 

YEs so they should be unhappy about being alive and making a lot of money. Right

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

#BeatDown! When will you guys learn? You joke about our USC Trojan, you're gonna have to deal with Helen. You go girl...

The devil made me type that.  My inner voice is a lot snarkier, so I bite my tongue and pull my fingers back from the keyboard.  

Give me time, let me schmooze with the mods so I don't get banned for being naughty.

Its all part of the learning and growing process. Sam will adjust just as he has adjusted to every aspect of the game so far. Sheldon on the other hand will be on the outside looking in as he will probably be on another team next year as the Vikes will get tired of his act.

7 hours ago, prime21 said:

Frustrated?  What QB wouldn't be when the offense is struggling.  Cold?  I'm not buying that  You saw him on the sidelines, he ddidn't look like he needed a coat or a warmer.    Geesh, it wasn't 10 degrees..  

Eh, even if he was cold, he'll get used to it.  The important thing is that his balls looked fine in the wind.

As far as frustrated goes, probably.  His receivers dropped some crucial balls that were right on the money.  And at least one, maybe two, of the INTs were on the WRs.  

1 minute ago, Jetmech said:

Pretty much. Maybe Bates was cold in the head with that game plan....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure.  The Jets were way undermanned.  Crowell was running half speed, Powell got knocked out, and you had Roberts and Peake instead of Enunwa and Pryor.  Not only did Roberts and Peake not make any plays as WRs, they caused two INTs.

Archived