Jets State of Union: The Return of Xs and Os to Jet Football

SouthernJet

This is a great day for fans of intelligent, exciting and innovative football. We as Jet fans are finally returning to quality leadership from a Xs Os Football 101 point of view. How refreshing it will be to know that our HC will be adding something to the DC and OC strategy sessions leading up to a game.

How refreshing it will be to know that we will have the capability to make ingame adjustments and exploit opposing weaknesses. Imagine knowing now that we will have a HC who will lambast a refree for a poor call NOT to get it overturned BUT to get the NEXT call. How great will it be to know that we will have a HC with the football IQ to actually understand the nuances of clock management at end of half or game.

How fantastic will it be to know that we have a HC to make the tough career ending decisions on veterans or once honorable Jets. To succeed you have to make the tough calls. Wont it be nice to know that overweight players will be fined and those not participating in offseason and inseason conditioning wont play. How about no special rules for certain players, remember, this is a system that emphasizes the no star concept, NO TURDS ALLOWED.

A new era has embarked on us, it will take time to do it right, but we finally have a LONG tERM solution with a NY area native who has a PROVEN system that when implemented and followed will make us competitive for a long time.

Great hire Woody, Terry and Mike.

1 more:

if anyone knows how to gameplan to beat the pats it would be mangini. 4 games a year with saban and BB.

if anybody knows how to beat TOM BRADY it's the guy who has had to play against him everyday in TC and practice-THAT'S the guy I'M most concerned with NOT Bellichek who is still Pete Carroll and Dave Wannstedt to me WITHOUT Brady-I'm convinced and will painstakingly dredge up these posts when Brady gets hurt and the Pats flounder and the genius is no longer such a smarty pants to EVERYBODY-except me

if anybody knows how to beat TOM BRADY it's the guy who has had to play against him everyday in TC and practice-THAT'S the guy I'M most concerned with NOT Bellichek who is still Pete Carroll and Dave Wannstedt to me WITHOUT Brady-I'm convinced and will painstakingly dredge up these posts when Brady gets hurt and the Pats flounder and the genius is no longer such a smarty pants to EVERYBODY-except me

well u might just have made the dumbest post in years,, congrats,,,

When it comes to the Jets, I've been so negative for so long given the stupidity of Edwards that today is a breath of fresh air. It's a bright fall Sunday in the middle of winter; we finally have a guy who knows what he's doing. It's great to just be a fan again. Like leaving a job you utterly hate. So if some of us are a little exuberant, even irrationally so, pardon us.

When it comes to the Jets, I've been so negative for so long given the stupidity of Edwards that today is a breath of fresh air. It's a bright fall Sunday in the middle of winter; we finally have a guy who knows what he's doing. It's great to just be a fan again. Like leaving a job you utterly hate. So if some of us are a little exuberant, even irrationally so, pardon us.

amen

I'd really like to know what his record was prior to Brady showing up on the scene like the guy from Damn Yankees-I was probably the one person who was glad he DIDN'T take the Jets job that day(I wanted Kubiak) I always figured him to be like a Pete Carroll was and what Wanny turned out to be-a good 2nd banana but probably not gonna be a good guy to run things himself.That either proves that I know absolutely nothing about football or I'm the most astute poster on the boards-time may just tell

(note to self-you most likely fall under the prior than the latter)

I'd really like to know what his record was prior to Brady showing up on the scene like the guy from Damn Yankees-I was probably the one person who was glad he DIDN'T take the Jets job that day(I wanted Kubiak) I always figured him to be like a Pete Carroll was and what Wanny turned out to be-a good 2nd banana but probably not gonna be a good guy to run things himself.That either proves that I know absolutely nothing about football or I'm the most astute poster on the boards-time may just tell

(note to self-you most likely fall under the prior than the latter)

all u need to do is see Parcells record without Belly as DC,,its horrendous,,he is something like 35% without Belly and 75% with Belly,,

and Belly without Parcells has been quite good,,,

all u need to do is see Parcells record without Belly as DC,,its horrendous,,he is something like 35% without Belly and 75% with Belly,,

yea but I'm talking about Mumbles as a HC with and withOUT Brady as a starter-that's what I want to know-I understand he's a great defensive mind-that goes without saying....

That is not really fair. That Parcells record without Belly was in the infancy stages of taking over disasterous franchises.

I feel exactly the same.

u guys are waaaay TOO OPTIMISTIC ABOUT THIS GUY. I hope for the best, but mangini is a big question mark. he has done little and has no experience putting the whole thing together.

we shall see

whether or not mangini can be successful in the short term remains to be seen. i am not convinced that jesus himself could turn this around in one year.

the bottom line is that mangini is a badly needed breath of fresh air for this franchise and it will be exciting to see how he shapes the team to his liking. i am hopeful but not overly optimistic, at least it's not another season of the status quo and 30+ carries a game to an aging rb with 1 knee.

Are the jets taking a chance on an inexperienced guy? Yes, but I would rather roll the dice with an unproven young guy with a solid backgroung than to take the safe route with proven losers. The risk is higher, but so is the potential reward and that is a chance that I am willing to support. Any of the other choices out there would ensure that the Jets were average. I am sick of average, I want more. Let's go for it!!

You posted that on the wrong Jets message board.

You guys are Wayyyyyyy to optimistic about Mangini.

For every Cranel and Saban that have passed gone through the Parcells/Bellichick tree you have klods like Ray Handley and Al Groh.

There is so much work that needs to be done on the offensive side of the football with regards to Pennington, Martin, Mawae, Fabini etc.

They are gonna be anywhere between 20-30 million over the cap before they even get to the draft.

It is going to be a MAJOR challenge for Mangini and I for one can't wait to see the how people respond when he blows a winnable game.

"What was Bradway thinking "

"Mangini has no clue"

"Woody is a dope"

All guaranteed to be seen on this board no later than the end of September.

Remember Bruce Coslet came in as probably one of the best offensive minds in the game and turned out to be a turd as well.

I'll reserve judgement on Mangini until I see the product.

For every Cranel and Saban that have passed gone through the Parcells/Bellichick tree you have klods like Ray Handley and Al Groh.

There is so much work that needs to be done on the offensive side of the football with regards to Pennington, Martin, Mawae, Fabini etc.

They are gonna be anywhere between 20-30 million over the cap before they even get to the draft.

It is going to be a MAJOR challenge for Mangini and I for one can't wait to see the how people respond when he blows a winnable game.

"Mangini has no clue"

"Woody is a dope"

Remember Bruce Coslet came in as probably one of the best offensive minds in the game and turned out to be a turd as well.

got your facts wrong sparky,,,

cranell from parcells and belly tree, and saban from Belly tree only whle mangini has been exclusively Belly for many years now,,

groh and handley from exclusively Parcells tree,,,

I trust belly tree more than tuna tree

"Mangini has no clue"

"Woody is a dope"

so basically...you WANT to suffer through a few more years, and even now...when there seems to be some hope that maybe, just MAYBE, we can get things turned around(not immediately, but eventually)...you just want to believe we'll fail again? Try not to be soo depressed about everything connected to the jets...dont look for the bad side, or bad possibilities in everything, it'll make life as a fan much easier! lol

I trust belly tree more than tuna tree

Ha- my secretary came in and was reading over my shoulder and she started cracking up.

"What is a belly tree and a tuna tree?" she asked. "What the he!! kind of web sites are you reading?"

LMAO

This is a great day for fans of intelligent, exciting and innovative football. We as Jet fans are finally returning to quality leadership from a Xs Os Football 101 point of view. How refreshing it will be to know that our HC will be adding something to the DC and OC strategy sessions leading up to a game.

How refreshing it will be to know that we will have the capability to make ingame adjustments and exploit opposing weaknesses. Imagine knowing now that we will have a HC who will lambast a refree for a poor call NOT to get it overturned BUT to get the NEXT call. How great will it be to know that we will have a HC with the football IQ to actually understand the nuances of clock management at end of half or game.

How fantastic will it be to know that we have a HC to make the tough career ending decisions on veterans or once honorable Jets. To succeed you have to make the tough calls. Wont it be nice to know that overweight players will be fined and those not participating in offseason and inseason conditioning wont play. How about no special rules for certain players, remember, this is a system that emphasizes the no star concept, NO TURDS ALLOWED.

A new era has embarked on us, it will take time to do it right, but we finally have a LONG tERM solution with a NY area native who has a PROVEN system that when implemented and followed will make us competitive for a long time.

Great hire Woody, Terry and Mike.

I nominate that for POTW. =D>

so basically...you WANT to suffer through a few more years, and even now...when there seems to be some hope that maybe, just MAYBE, we can get things turned around(not immediately, but eventually)...you just want to believe we'll fail again? Try not to be soo depressed about everything connected to the jets...dont look for the bad side, or bad possibilities in everything, it'll make life as a fan much easier! lol

Trust me I don't want to suffer. :lol:

Knowing the history of this franchise though I sure as hell am not going to start booking reservations to Super Bowl 43.

What won't surprise me though is that when the Jets start 2006 2-4 or 1-5 and you will see people who are lauding this hire suddenly turn on him like a pack of hungry wolves saying he is too young, he can't handle it or, what the F was Bradway thinking.

That is the mentality with Jets fans these days. Love them one day, Hate them the next.

Kinda just had this conversation with PatsFanTX. The Jets could have a losing record next year but still be making serious positive progess. Things are such a mess here in so many ways this is like a house gone to seed that has to be gutted and renovated down to the foundation and studs before you can live in it. Yes, they could turn it around and win 7 to 9 games, but that's a real stretch when both the Pats and Fins look solid going into 2006.Serious personnel decisions lie ahead, and they might be very painful for 2006. But they have to be done.

Kinda just had this conversation with PatsFanTX. The Jets could have a losing record next year but still be making serious positive progess. Things are such a mess here in so many ways this is like a house gone to seed that has to be gutted and renovated down to the foundation and studs before you can live in it. Yes, they could turn it around and win 7 to 9 games, but that's a real stretch when both the Pats and Fins look solid going into 2006.Serious personnel decisions lie ahead, and they might be very painful for 2006. But they have to be done.

Offensively they need to be gutted and start from scratch.

It will be intersting (especially if there is no CBA by March 1st)to see how the Jets handle their cap.

Pennington, Martin, Mawae, Kendall, Fabini all have their heads on the chopping block. Fabini and Kendall are as good as gone. Mawae will probably go as well and Pennington and Martin are going to have to do some major restructuring.

There is only two things I want from Mangini.

1) Get the players to play hard

2) When you get the chance to go for the throat you go for it.

The Colts-Steelers game showed me exactly why eventhough Cowher has never won a Super Bowl why he is head and shoulder ahead of guys like Herm and Schottenheimer.

When the Colts got the game to within a field goal instead of sitting back on D like they had earlier in the 4th qtr Cowher went back to what worked best.

Putting the heat on Manning with blitz from everywhere.

Something Herm never did nor did Schottenheimer.

Cowher was basically telling us that if Manning is going to come back and beat then he is going to have to do against what we do best and that is blitzing.

Offensively they need to be gutted and start from scratch.

It will be intersting (especially if there is no CBA by March 1st)to see how the Jets handle their cap.

Pennington, Martin, Mawae, Kendall, Fabini all have their heads on the chopping block. Fabini and Kendall are as good as gone. Mawae will probably go as well and Pennington and Martin are going to have to do some major restructuring.

There is only two things I want from Mangini.

1) Get the players to play hard

2) When you get the chance to go for the throat you go for it.

The Colts-Steelers game showed me exactly why eventhough Cowher has never won a Super Bowl why he is head and shoulder ahead of guys like Herm and Schottenheimer.

When the Colts got the game to within a field goal instead of sitting back on D like they had earlier in the 4th qtr Cowher went back to what worked best.

Putting the heat on Manning with blitz from everywhere.

Something Herm never did nor did Schottenheimer.

Cowher was basically telling us that if Manning is going to come back and beat then he is going to have to do against what we do best and that is blitzing.

you mean cowher 'played to win the game' :lol:

Archived