Amari Cooper to the Cowboys.

sec101row23

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the talking heads that are bashing Gruden will be kissing his feet in a few years. The man is stockpiling a ton of draft picks for the future. He knows that half-a$$ing it for 5 years is never the answer. Trade away all your good players. Tank. Use tons of high draft picks to build a roster best suited for the type of football you want to play. 

It's only something a guy on a massive, long term contract can pull off. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All the talking heads that are bashing Gruden will be kissing his feet in a few years. The man is stockpiling a ton of draft picks for the future. He knows that half-a$$ing it for 5 years is never the answer. Trade away all your good players. Tank. Use tons of high draft picks to build a roster best suited for the type of football you want to play. 

It's only something a guy on a massive, long term contract can pull off. 

is derek carr next? guy behind me at the jet game yesterday was saying the rumblings were derek carr to the giants.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's only something a guy on a massive, long term contract can pull off

Exactly, no first year GM on a 4 year deal could even consider trading away what he did.  

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Exactly, no first year GM on a 4 year deal could even consider trading away what he did.  

the cooper trade was a no brainer.  the mack deal is looking more logical b/c they're starting over and wouldn't derek carr look great on jacksonville right now?  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

the cooper trade was a no brainer.  the mack deal is looking more logical b/c they're starting over and wouldn't derek carr look great on jacksonville right now?  

I think they move Carr in the offseason, with that contract and cap hit it would be hard for the Jags or Giants to make room mid-season.  

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

is derek carr next? guy behind me at the jet game yesterday was saying the rumblings were derek carr to the giants.

It was pretty clear from day 1 that Gruden didn't like this team. Once he traded away Mack, you had to know he was going to clean house. Would not be surprised to see him trade Carr also. 

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think they move Carr in the offseason, with that contract and cap hit it would be hard for the Jags or Giants to make room mid-season.  

though, there will be desperate teams like the cowboys.  the jaguars are approaching this, and the giants are a huge embarrassment and if eli looks like crap tonight on national tv again....

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

though, there will be desperate teams like the cowboys.  the jaguars are approaching this, and the giants are a huge embarrassment and if eli looks like crap tonight on national tv again....

His cap number is $25 million for the season, even half that is $12.5, Jax only has like $8 million in cap space right now.  The Giants only $3 million in space.   Tough to maneuver that in the middle of the season.  

I am stunned that Cooper was worth a first to any team, even one with a clearly deteriorating owner.  Compare that to a 5th for Hyde?  Makes no sense.  I'm sure Gruden would LOVE to trade Carr to the Giants as it would take them out of the QB race and they are really OAK's only competition.  If he doesn't get the first pick, and the Giants are bidders, he'll have to pay a lot more in trade value to get there than if they aren't.  Just like if BUF or ARI were closer to our draft slot, we would probably have had to pay more than we did to get up to #3.   

If the Giants make that trade, they are even dumber than I currently think they are.  And Gruden will come out of this looking pretty smart.  Still, as we all know, even four 1st round picks is no guarantee of anything.

Archived