Schizophrenia

UnitedWhofans

This team seems schizophrenic and the fan base follows in suit, as does the media. They go too high or too low, there is no middle ground. no logic. Even this year their 3 wins are blowouts (yes the Colts win felt like a blowout) and 3 of their 4 losses weren't close (the Browns game was close). There is no middle area.

The fan base is the same. They are high and mighty after two wins and then let down in the dumps after a loss (to a better team, I might add). Listening to Francesa is interesting. He seems very even keeled about this Jets team. As opposed to the Jets fans' idols, Joe Beningo and Evan Roberts, who go nuts at everything. 

I wish this team and this media/fanbase would be more even keeled

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This team seems schizophrenic and the fan base follows in suit, as does the media. They go too high or too low, there is no middle ground. no logic. Even this year their 3 wins are blowouts (yes the Colts win felt like a blowout) and 3 of their 4 losses weren't close (the Browns game was close). There is no middle area.

The fan base is the same. They are high and mighty after two wins and then let down in the dumps after a loss (to a better team, I might add). Listening to Francesa is interesting. He seems very even keeled about this Jets team. As opposed to the Jets fans' idols, Joe Beningo and Evan Roberts, who go nuts at everything. 

I really don't like Todd Bowles as a HC but I have to say that it is hard to win when you have 2 WR's worthy of being out there and a TE (Tomlinson) who should be on the practice squad if on the team at all. Depth is seriously lacking at WR position as well as o-line. This new center is not much of an upgrade over the old one so that is a position that needs addressing.  So many holes on this team it seems like they have been rebuilding since Parcells left the building.

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The kid that's been banned several times for complaining about a fanbase that he can't stay away from, personally insults people in game threads while at the same time whining about civility, is now waxing poetic about schizophrenia.

That’s entertainment!

Not to be funny but the Colts game that felt like a blowout and the browns game which wasn't even close (but was) both sound kinda like middle ground. Also we prefer the term bowlesout to blowout

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure who reading this board can think what the op said.  The serial beefers such as me, beef even if we win and the happy happy can do no wrong people are happy no matter what.  I see very few people that are swinging in the wind.

I feel like soggy beef....

Actually the only loss that was a blowout per se was the Jax game. Miami was an 8 point game we could have won, and the Browns game we were 14 points ahead and certainly should have won had we not done many dumb things to cause ourselves to lose. In watching the whole Vikings game it was closer than the score indicated. We were in the game for a while even in the 2nd half, but in addition to mistakes in drops, bad snaps, and bad tackles at the end, plus some bad ref calls at home which seems to be customary against better teams, we had a chance and were competitive in this loss. Another problem in the Vikings game was we just didn't have the horses at receiver on O. Also, we would have had a better chance with 3 of our starting DBs in there, but we seem to be having a lot of injuries too early in the season to compete against the best or better teams.

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree.  He makes it sound like we're all a bunch of mental patients with irrational thoughts about this team.  We're not crazy!

Speak for yourself.  I think some of us here ARE crazy!  Just check out the gameday threads.

What are you even talking about???

I'm negative repping you.

FUNNY

I for one think this is the place people should be getting "too high" or "too low".  Rather do it here on an internet message board than in real life.  Frustrations should be expressed here as well as jubilation after big victories.

I keep saying the solution is to EMOTIONALLY DISCONNECT and watch the games while accepting what the Jets are right now... which is;

A team with a bad coach that is playing a 16 game practice session for its 21 year old QB.

If you do this... the roller coaster some of you are experiencing does not exist.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The kid that's been banned several times for complaining about a fanbase that he can't stay away from, personally insults people in game threads while at the same time whining about civility, is now waxing poetic about schizophrenia.

You do have to admit there was a poetry to it, seeing the name of the thread and then the one who started it.

And we both opened it. Because we had to look.

52 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I actually think the board has been pretty rational after this one. What have you been seeing?

I sat behind crusher at the yets game, all I saw was a sweaty neck that looked like it had been crossed with a package of hotdogs

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

WHy are Yankees fans upset? Because they strive for perfection.

Do you know any Yankees fans? On a scale of one to eleventy-five, how would you rate their level of strive?

Specifically as it pertains to perfection, that is.

Archived