Eli the fraud

nico002

It’s really amazing.  Not sure how he does it.

27/38 399 1 TD no picks 

anemic offensive effort vs worst nfl d 

no big plays 

nothing 

yet somehow manages to mask the pathetic performance with a nice stat line 

guy is Houdini 

giants need to start winning some games to screw their draft position 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Odell beckham is a fantastic player.  He has beckham, sterling shepard and barkely.  Also look at the weapons the falcons have their backup rb in coleman, julio, ridley.

ANd yet the Falcons have the same record as the Jets and the Giants have a worse record than the Jets. Go figure

43 minutes ago, nico002 said:

27/38 399 1 TD no picks 

no big plays 

nothing 

guy is Houdini 

My dad and my daughter are both Giants fans. They get frustrated with Eli's play a lot. But whenever I say anything about him, they remind me "Eli has two SB rings and was the MVP in both. He got both of them beating the Patriots". As a Jets fan, I have no answer for that. We should only hope someday we get to put up with a QB struggling at the end of his Jets career who accomplished for us what Eli has for the Giants. 

My dad and my daughter are both Giants fans. They get frustrated with Eli's play a lot. But whenever I say anything about him, they remind me "Eli has two SB rings and was the MVP in both. He got both of them beating the Patriots". As a Jets fan, I have no answer for that. We should only hope someday we get to put up with a QB struggling at the end of his Jets career who accomplished for us what Eli has for the Giants. 
When is the qb not the mvp in the Superbowl? The qb would have to be absolutely abysmal to not win the mvp honors. The year malcom butler literally won the Superbowl for the pats because the nfl is rigged and the Seahawks didn't use their best player to his strength...Tom Brady won his what 5th Superbowl mvp?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

When is the qb not the mvp in the Superbowl? The qb would have to be absolutely abysmal to not win the mvp honors. The year malcom butler literally won the Superbowl for the pats because the nfl is rigged and the Seahawks didn't use their best player to his strength...Tom Brady won his what 5th Superbowl mvp?

You know, that's an excellent point about the QBs. Thanks. The next time they bring up Eli and his "MVPs", I'm going to borrow your comments here.

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

27/38 399 1 TD no picks 

no big plays 

nothing 

guy is Houdini 

That sums up his career, average, sometimes good QB but his compiled #s look really good. he dominates in garbage time, when the game appears over he gets it going.  He was brutal last night and cost his team another game but the stat line looks decent so he's a hall of famer!

This is now the 8th time in 10 seasons he has led the giants to missing the playoffs and when they made it 2 years ago he led an O w/ Beckham to just 17 PPG.  Eli has been living off those defense dominated SB runs forever. he's now just 3 games over .500 as a starting QB playing in a weak division w/ a lot of talent around him most of those years.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

True but LB's ,DT's WR's RB's have won and even a kick returner.. LOL  Here's the list

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/02/complete-list-super-mvp-history

Eli IS a fraud.  He had two memorable playoff runs which does count for something, but other than that, he's been an average QB for the majority of his career, and he's just been bad the last few years.  As I've mentioned many times on this site, he's the kind of QB that is just good enough to hold on to his starting job for 10 years but not bad enough to lose his job after a few sub par seasons and the aging process starts to set in.  Those two Super Bowl wins bought him a lifetime of mulligans from Giants fans and most of the national media, and will likely get him elected to the hall of fame.  Is there ANY QB in the Hall of Fame that any of you would take Eli Manning over?  

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Eli IS a fraud.  He had two memorable playoff runs which does count for something, but other than that, he's been an average QB for the majority of his career, and he's just been bad the last few years.  As I've mentioned many times on this site, he's the kind of QB that is just good enough to hold on to his starting job for 10 years but not bad enough to lose his job after a few sub par seasons and the aging process starts to set in.  Those two Super Bowl wins bought him a lifetime of mulligans from Giants fans and most of the national media, and will likely get him elected to the hall of fame.  Is there ANY QB in the Hall of Fame that any of you would take Eli Manning over?  

Sort of like John Gruden in the coaching world,.

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

For real.  Let's be honest.  The SB MVP's in both of the Giants' wins should have gone to the defensive lines. 

I'm eternally grateful to Eli and the Giants for knocking off the Pats twice.  But Eli was not the best player on the field in either of those games. 

34 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Eli doesn't belong anywhere near a discussion for the hall of fame.  It's a complete insult to real Hall of famers that Eli is even mentioned as a possibility.  He wasn't one of the best QBs if his generation, how can he be one of the best of all time.

14 minutes ago, jackhuntr said:

2 incredible lucky catches ( one he was in the grasp, but I didn't care since it was against the Pats). Without them he would have zero MVP's. 

The helmet catch was a complete fill fluke but we have to give him credit for the pass to Manningham.  It would be very difficult to find a more perfectly thrown pass than that one especially considering the circumstances.

I know I am a conspiracy theorist, but the vibe I get is that Mara, speaking for the Eli-obsessed fan base, pushed for Solder and Barkley and not a rebuild.  Tough to second guess that one, but the decision does not appear to have been a good one.  

The Jets traded away the draft picks and got the QB, but need a lot more talent.  That will be the challenge this off season.  Chris seems to be letting the football people build the team-the problem is that the football people are not always on the mark.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

One of the best arguments that’s patriots cheat, is when there elite offensive liunemen go to other teams and are exposed.

Yep, they can no longer hold at will , move at the line pre snap and line up in the upside down flying V. 

41 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If Darnold wins us two SB's, he can play here as long as he ****ing wants to.  He could literally come out to the huddle break out a lawn chair and start smoking a cigar, and I would not care.  By then it will be two hand tag anyway.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Eli doesn't belong anywhere near a discussion for the hall of fame.  It's a complete insult to real Hall of famers that Eli is even mentioned as a possibility.  He wasn't one of the best QBs if his generation, how can he be one of the best of all time.

The helmet catch was a complete fill fluke but we have to give him credit for the pass to Manningham.  It would be very difficult to find a more perfectly thrown pass than that one especially considering the circumstances.

OK I'll give him that one, it was a perfect pass.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

That sums up his career, average, sometimes good QB but his compiled #s look really good. he dominates in garbage time, when the game appears over he gets it going.  He was brutal last night and cost his team another game but the stat line looks decent so he's a hall of famer!

This is now the 8th time in 10 seasons he has led the giants to missing the playoffs and when they made it 2 years ago he led an O w/ Beckham to just 17 PPG.  Eli has been living off those defense dominated SB runs forever. he's now just 3 games over .500 as a starting QB playing in a weak division w/ a lot of talent around him most of those years.

in today's nfl you can't just look at the stats.  you have to watch them play, see if they're hitting the open guys, how they deal with pressure, can they create on their own, can they make big plays, etc.  parcells used to say, you judge a qb by how many times he gets his team into the end zone.  by this measure eli sucks.  

it's not eli's fault that he sucks at his age, he's supposed to decline.  it's not his fault that rivers/big ben/brees/brady are still awesome.  and i think that's the problem with giants management/ownership.  they think eli should be as good as them as his age, and they can't admit he sucks.  i think they hired gettleman to wave the company flag and the barkley pick was mara's as much as gettleman's.  the giants have changed gms, hcs, OLs and added barkley, engram and sheppard and they still can't score tds with any regularity.  it's really amazing that nobody has the balls to call out eli for not getting it done but they'll blame obj if he talks to the media.  the whole organization is in a massive state of denial but hey, that's why we have darnold.

The big numbers come from the big chunk plays he gets with his star receivers. But for whatever reason he fails at key moments and is awful in the red zone. Plus, it seems like for every 20 yard completion, there-s a 10-yard sack due to his immobility and lack of pocket presence. They seem to face an awful lot of 2nd and 20s.

He had two great runs. Other than those Superbowl runs he was average to below average every year. Two runs that I'd happily take on the Jets, but his reputation has been massively inflated by his last name, his two seasons, and the city he played in.

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

yeah well my Yankees have won a ton of WS.  means nothing, just like Eli's SB wins now.  what matters is here and now, and the future.

and Giants look preeeeeetty bad....

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

He had two great runs. Other than those Superbowl runs he was average to below average every year. Two runs that I'd happily take on the Jets, but his reputation has been massively inflated by his last name, his two seasons, and the city he played in.

He played well in both runs just as Sanchez did for us.  The Giants defense is why they won both SBs. Eli Manning has never won a single playoff game other than those two runs and he's never won a postseason game where his D allowed more than 20 points.  He's now led the Giants to missing the playoffs 8 of 10 seasons and is just 3 games over .500.  

Archived