Jets sign Rishard Matthews

Mo Lew

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Considering Pryor is supposedly healthy and talking to other teams, this signing sort of confirms that there was more to the Jets cutting him than just an injury...

Except he isn’t healthy yet

edit: just seen where he said he was close to 100% in that other thread. My bad.

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

edit: just seen where he said he was close to 100% in that other thread. My bad.

I think your dreaming to think Pryor was coming back.  You cut someone for a reason. Todd Bowles often needs MANY reasons.  

3 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

I think your dreaming to think Pryor was coming back.  You cut someone for a reason. Todd Bowles often needs MANY reasons.  

a professional organization doesn’t state they might bring someone back if they aren’t going to at least consider the idea. That makes no sense.

I'm just confused.  What could Pryor have done?  Mathews is known for being a turd too, so I dont get this other than one is healthy and the other isnt....even though, maybe Pryor is???  Just doesnt really make sense, Darnold was developing a connection with Pryor, just like he was with Charles Johnson and McBride...but we dont bring them back, we go for a malcontent kicked off a team?

Bizarre.  I mean, we need the help so it's better than having Roberts and Peake running routes but this is just a weird chain of events. 

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

a professional organization doesn’t state they might bring someone back if they aren’t going to at least consider the idea. That makes no sense.

unless they just said that to get rid of him w/o having him cause a fuss. your giving our professional organization a lot of credit. 

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

16 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

It's possible that you're both right to an extent.   Probably more "Killa" from a technical standpoint in my opinion... but both of you.

Pryor must have a lot of baggage.  He had a big year in Cleveland and they let him walk.  His Redskins teammates couldn't stand him.  And now he is cut and left unprotected due to an injury despite showing at least some red zone prowess on a team short of offensive players.

My take?  They are not thrilled with Pryor and don't want to bring him back unless Robby and Kearse get hurt too... and Enunwa winds up on I/R.  In other words, a total last resort.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Interesting trade I won’t make another thread

Eli apple to the Saints for a 2019 4th and a 2020 7th. Does that signal the Giants rebuilding?

No, they were begging someone to take Eli Apple for more than a bag of chips.

but they are 1-6 and so it should at least thought.

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, why didn't the Jets sign Julio Jones instead???

This has nothing to do with Matthews and everything to do with the front office being inept. They'll have $100 million dollars in free agency with nobody on offense to spend it on. We'll re-sign our own WR's who we overvalue and end up in the same situation as this year. Star players rarely hit free agency especially on offense. Apparently there won't be a WR or RB in the top 20 of the first round in 2019 worthy of taking that high. So once again they won't address the average offensive talent at the skill positions in a meaningful way again. 

37 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Considering Pryor is supposedly healthy and talking to other teams, this signing sort of confirms that there was more to the Jets cutting him than just an injury...

One of those things is that Matthews is better than Pryor. 

27 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pryor has a history of doing that.  When he was here in DC he spent a bunch of time saying his poor play was based on injuries, then saying he was recovered on a near weekly basis.  When they shut him down and he signed with the Jets he posted a picture of his ankle claiming that was why he under-performed.  It turned out that was a new injury and he hadn't properly informed the Jets. 

Guy seems like a lot of minor trouble and he seems to expect a ton of hand holding.  High school and college are over.  Put on your big boy pants. 

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Interesting trade I won’t make another thread

Eli apple to the Saints for a 2019 4th and a 2020 7th. Does that signal the Giants rebuilding?

I think it signals that the Giants found a team willing to give them more than they thought Eli Apple was worth.  The kid was abused last night. 

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

But it makes no sense. You don’t have to lie about anything. You cut him and that’s it.

13 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

unless they just said that to get rid of him w/o having him cause a fuss. your giving our professional organization a lot of credit. 

I wonder if it has anything to do with him being injured.  Aren't there rules about cutting guys that are injured?  Maybe he is a vested vet and guaranteed, so it doesn't matter?  I'm not sure.

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Did the Jets say that? Or perhaps Pryor’s agent? 

Archived