Snacks Harrison to the Lions

sec101row23

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I really hope Herbert stays at Oregon next year.  

I know you are a big draft guy - what do you think about the Iowa kid?  He should likely stay another year, but hes big, plays in a pro offense and seems like a guy who would be generating a lot more buzz if he was playing in a more college-esque system?

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

5th seems about right , but it’s crazy how big names go for such low picks in the NFL

I think a lot of it is because of the wear and tear they go thru . Their shelf life isn't that long. Snacks is in his 7th year. He's 30 years old already. How many good years does he have left ? What would you give up to get him ?

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I think a lot of it is because of the wear and tear they go thru . Their shelf life isn't that long. Snacks is in his 7th year. He's 30 years old already. How many good years does he have left ? What would you give up to get him ?

Lions can win that division. This is a good move for them.

2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I know you are a big draft guy - what do you think about the Iowa kid?  He should likely stay another year, but hes big, plays in a pro offense and seems like a guy who would be generating a lot more buzz if he was playing in a more college-esque system?

I think like all things related to Iowa football he is overlooked and a bit underrated.  That program seems to get overlooked in the Big10, especially when it comes to the players they send to the NFL.  Stanley looks the part, not the greatest arm strength, but is accurate short to medium and is in a “pro Style” run first system.   C.J Beathard was in the same situation and he went in the 3rd round.  That’s kinda where I think Stanley could go.  

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think like all things related to Iowa football he is overlooked and a bit underrated.  That program seems to get overlooked in the Big10, especially when it comes to the players they send to the NFL.  Stanley looks the part, not the greatest arm strength, but is accurate short to medium and is in a “pro Style” run first system.   C.J Beathard was in the same situation and he went in the 3rd round.  That’s kinda where I think Stanley could go.  

Heard somebody on the radio this past weekend talking about college QB's. Was very high on the Auburn guy, Stidham. Thinks he will be the one who moves up on many teams boards as draft gets closer. Very, very complimentary of his game, especially arm strength.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Heard somebody on the radio this past weekend talking about college QB's. Was very high on the Auburn guy, Stidham. Thinks he will be the one who moves up on many teams boards as draft gets closer. Very, very complimentary of his game, especially arm strength.

I’m not crazy about Stidham at all.  He’ll get over drafted because this is weak QB draft, but if he was in last years draft he probably goes in the 3rd or 4th.  

18 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

A 5th round pick 

1 hour ago, slats said:

It's age and salary. Dude's making close to $10M this year and is owed another $16M over the next two. That's gonna drop the price for a 30-year-old player. 

Yea. I know. Crazy cause it really is an indication on how short a shelf life most guys prime years are, and when there cost out weighs there worth 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

The Giants are doing what they should have done last year. The bad news is that there's no light at the end of the tunnel at QB whether it be in draft or free agency for them. The quarterbacks this season aren't even in the same stratosphere and Herbert is likely to head back to school.

So they will spin this wheel forever until they find one.... see: our Jets

P.S. Thanks again for Darnold

the giants really screwed it all up.  they hired puppet gm/hc only b/c they agreed to tell the world how great eli (manning) still is, then pass up darnold for a rb (granted barkley is great but so what).  they kept saying this 'we're in win now mode' crap, even though the defense has no playmakers and the offensive line is still a disaster.  so now they're selling off whatever crap they have at the garage sale, where they already cut a former top 10 pick in flowers and got nada, and traded another one in eli for a 4th and a 7th a year and a half from now.  remember how the papers bashed the jets for letting snacks go - he's worth a 5th, and he's still playing at a high level.   

bottom line the giants need virtually every position except for wr, te and rb, the 3 positions they took in the first round in recent drafts.  they still need cb/ot b/c they whiffed on flowers and apple.  most positions on defense need an upgrade and the OL additions they paid for suck.  oh, and they need a qb after insisting all preseason that davis webb was the clear heir apparent to eli, then cut him.  this owner has been in major denial about the state of his team and more specifically, his qb, for years, and now he's paying the price.  the team is majorly devoid of talent and their best/highest paid guy going forward is a malcontent who bashes the team and management in the media, fights with inanimate objects on the sidelines and doesn't drink water.  and yet, obj is the ONLY one on the team with the balls to say that manning sucks and needs to go.  

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Not sure Vernon makes sense anymore - 2019 draft is supposedly loaded with DE and OLB - the year of the pass rusher

And one gain we use our 1st on a d player.  We all know we need a pass rusher badly but just when are we going to the offensive side of the ball?  We also keep talking about how much cap space we have and the fa group is suspect.  Get vernon now if we can get him cheap.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

The Giants are doing what they should have done last year. The bad news is that there's no light at the end of the tunnel at QB whether it be in draft or free agency for them. The quarterbacks this season aren't even in the same stratosphere and Herbert is likely to head back to school.

So they will spin this wheel forever until they find one.... see: our Jets

P.S. Thanks again for Darnold

Perhaps Carr.  Giants should have a good bit of draft capital, and the Raiders are still gathering.  

5 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Snacks is going to help that in a major way. It looks like the Lions are buying into Patricia's philosophy. Now we will see if it works.

Agree. Big Vince won him a lot of games over the years. Snacks will more than fill that roll. Watching Mangold vs. Wilfork 2 times a year was about as good as it gets.

45 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I'm not saying we would've gotten first rd. picks back for them but even getting 5th-6th rd picks to move them to a contending team you would think would've been a possibility,  I think it came down to the fact that we just didn't want to admit who we were.

HC's and GM's trying to squeeze out those 5 wins to try and save their jobs

So, now we're seeing that the oil slick Giants coach last year wasn't as stupid as everyone thought. Giants are 1-6, Eli looks old & he should have been benched like he was. Could you imagine Sam with Barkley, OBJ, Shepard & Engram?

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Too bad the jets are never smart enough to do things like this and try to eek out meaningless wins in lost seasons year after year.

The Jets were smart enough to do it during the off season in 2017. The Giants should have done this prior to this season coming off 3-13 in 2017, instead they wasted this season. Amazing how some posters here take any opportunity to bash the Jets. 

28 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m not crazy about Stidham at all.  He’ll get over drafted because this is weak QB draft, but if he was in last years draft he probably goes in the 3rd or 4th.  

I thought Stidham was going to wind up as the first QB off the board this year, but after the season he has had he should go back to school.  

Is arm strength really an issue for Stanley?  He's 6'4 235 - seems like he should be able to drive the ball

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Ewww...that's a lot.  He's pretty freaking good though.  Not sure it's worth it though, especially with a deep draft class at pass rusher. 

He has averaged 7.5 scks over the last 4 seasons.   He has not had double digit sacks since 2013.  Not sure I want to give up a pick, plus pay him $36MM over the next 2 1/2 yearsfor a 7 sack a year guy.

Archived