Powell to IR, Jets sign Safety

CrazyCarl40

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ummmm no, if you read my post you'd see my exact words were "now Sam's only serviceable RB is...."....referring to Crow.  Doesnt change the fact he's a lazy loafing turd who only gives you effort when he feels like it and only attempts to run hard when he see's a lane the size of the grand canyon.  

The stats do not tell the whole story.  Crow has had 2 good games statistically which have totally titled his season totals because of 3 big runs (77, 55, 54).  I hate when people do this and I'm only doing because it's plainly obvious Crow gives as little effort as possible; but if you take away those 3 runs away, he's averaging 2.6 ypc.  Bilal is average 4.3 with a long of 31 and I dont think for one second if that ball was handed to Powell on those runs, that he couldnt have taken them to the house as well.  

Crow is an absolute bum who only gets what the OL gives him.  He never, ever, fights for the extra yard or gets something out of nothing which Bilal routinely does.  And he has no shame when he gets stuffed to stand up and start cursing out the OL.  He's a turd.  

Yeah. The organizations refusal to invest a 2-4 round pick into the RB position has been bizarre. Teams will generally do it at least every other year some every year.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah. The organizations refusal to invest a 2-4 round pick into the RB position has been bizarre. Teams will generally do it at least every other year some every year.

You'd think for a team that runs the ball as much as the Jets do, they're prioritize a RB but it has been a total throw away positions since Mac's arrival.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Ugh!  Seriously?  Powell is out for the year?  That is brutal.  I'm not sure anyone on that offense comes ready to play week in week out more than Powell.  Dude fights for every inch and is crucial in every aspect of the offense; running the ball, blocking, catching out of the backfield, etc.  Brutal loss.  Now Sam's only serviceable RB is a lazy loafing turd, pun intended.  

This is bad news.   Crow sucks. 

Uh, Crow doesn't suck, he has played pretty well except for maybe 2 games. 

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

too bad for powell.  always a good player for the jets but he just couldn't play 16 games a year.  at least the jets will have to play the young guys. of course this just gives bowles and co. another excuse for the poor season.

If losing Powell is your excuse for a poor season, that alone should get him fired. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If losing Powell is your excuse for a poor season, that alone should get him fired. 

good point.  i was hopeful, mainly because i'm not a fan of revolving coach doors but bowles has had plenty of time to get this team on an improving track.  granted there are 9 games left but the team really needs to win at least 5 of them to allay much of the concern about bowles heading into next season.  no matter how the jets want to spin it, the record does matter.

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

You'd think for a team that runs the ball as much as the Jets do, they're prioritize a RB but it has been a total throw away positions since Mac's arrival.

2017 draft rounds 2-4. A safety who never plays and two receivers who are out of football. Maddening considering the backs that were available.

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Uh, Crow doesn't suck, he has played pretty well except for maybe 2 games. 

No, he sucks and it's just the opposite.  He's had 2 good games supported by 3, 50+ yard TD's that any pro RB could have made.    Otherwise, he's averaging 2.6 ypc, refuses to fight for extra yards, cant catch, doesnt block and will yell at the entire line when there isnt a lane the size of the grand canyon. 

He's a total turd who only tries when he wants to.  The Vikings game was the perfect game for this example.  Powell is out there fighting for every yard, has 5 carries for 20 yards, gets injured fighting for the extra yard and in comes Crowell who gives us 29 yards on 11 carries, 2 drops, and a fumble and literally looked like he wanted to be anywhere other than on a Football field. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

No, he sucks and it's just the opposite.  He's had 2 good games supported by 3, 50+ yard TD's that any pro RB could have made.    Otherwise, he's averaging 2.6 ypc, refuses to fight for extra yards, cant catch, doesnt block and will yell at the entire line when there isnt a lane the size of the grand canyon. 

He's a total turd who only tries when he wants to.  The Vikings game was the perfect game for this example.  Powell is out there fighting for every yard, has 5 carries for 20 yards, gets injured fighting for the extra yard and in comes Crowell who gives us 29 yards on 11 carries, 2 drops, and a fumble and literally looked like he wanted to be anywhere other than on a Football field. 

he's a JAG rb the browns didn't want.  we will see if mccags' theory that you can stick any rb in there and he'll do ok, when they trot out mcguire and cannon out there the last half of the season.  

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

2017 draft rounds 2-4. A safety who never plays and two receivers who are out of football. Maddening considering the backs that were available.

That’s Maccagnan.  That’s how he values the RB position.  6th round picks and cheap cast off veterans that don’t cost more than $4 million per year.  

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's maddening in general to think about the skills players that have come out over the past 4 years and we havent landed a single one of them.  I mean seriously look around the league and see how many players the Jets could have had that are young and awesome.  Dude, the list is stupid long.  It's legit, almost like every single team in the league had added some type of dynamic player maker or 2 or 3, other than the Jets.  

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's maddening in general to think about the skills players that have come out over the past 4 years and we havent landed a single one of them.  I mean seriously look around the league and see how many players the Jets could have had that are young and awesome.  Dude, the list is stupid long.  It's legit, almost like every single team in the league had added some type of dynamic player maker or 2 or 3, other than the Jets.  

And yet our offense is better than a few of those teams. No need to look any further than across the stadium. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Teams know we can’t run the ball now and Sam is going to have such a hard time.

Sadly this is true. Maybe they can get some plays off them with Crow but losing Powell is going to hurt this team in the long run. Might not win another game with all the injuries. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And yet our offense is better than a few of those teams. No need to look any further than across the stadium. 

Yay!  The Jets offense in better than a 1-6 team!!!  Woot woot!!!! 

Who's offense would you rather have?

One with OBJ, Sharpe, Engram and Barkley or the one with a 21 year old Sam Darnold and (fill in the blank).

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yay!  The Jets offense in better than a 1-6 team!!!  Woot woot!!!! 

Who's offense would you rather have?

One with OBJ, Sharpe, Engram and Barkley or the one with a 21 year old Sam Darnold and (fill in the blank).

The one with OBJ Sharpe Engram and Barkley scored 6 points in the first 3.5 quarters against one of the worst banged up defenses in the NFL. 

Give me Sam Darnold and fill in the blank. 

Another stat that is interesting that I read. Darnold is the 4th highest rated passer against man to man coverage in the NFL. How can he be that high if he has receivers that don't win battles? 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The one with OBJ Sharpe Engram and Barkley scored 6 points in the first 3.5 quarters against one of the worst banged up defenses in the NFL. 

Another stat that is interesting that I read. Darnold is the 4th highest rated passer against man to man coverage in the NFL. How can he be that high if he has receivers that don't win battles? 

he's already adept at throwing guys open, something the very good qbs know how to do.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

he's already adept at throwing guys open, something the very good qbs know how to do.  

And I also think some credit has to be given to Jeremy Bates for designing routes that can allow receivers to be open too.

It also makes sense that a rookie QB would struggle with zone coverage, which I think teams are starting to use. BEcause it takes experience against those zones to do that

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Orleans Darkwa (former giant) is still a FA. Worth giving him a look? He was decent for the giants, can get tough yards too. Crowell is banged up and cannon is a lightweight. 

They had him in back in August.  He had a plate taken out of his leg in May and was medically cleared sometime later. He's been for workouts with a bunch of teams, but nobody has bitten. 

13 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And the Jets have 2 games with 12 points and 2 games with 17 points. What's your point? 

Nobody said his WR's cant get open.  Just about any WR in Football can beat man coverage if you give him long enough.

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

When did the Jets sign DII defensive tackles? Is there even a DII anymore?

They didn't just sign them, they draft them in the third round. Did you think Fort Hayes State was FBS?  They draft RBs from there too!  See the 6th round. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Teams know we can’t run the ball now and Sam is going to have such a hard time.

I don't think this is true.  I think we can run on some teams on not on others.  When we can't run, Sam is having such a hard time.  When we can, it is like the Colts game.  I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone that the run game and Darnold struggled against the Jags or Vikings. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

And the Jets have 2 games with 12 points and 2 games with 17 points. What's your point? 

Nobody said his WR's cant get open.  Just about any WR in Football can beat man coverage if you give him long enough.

My point is that our offense is actually not horrible at this point. So complaining about skill players in the past is without purpose. We have a QB that can actually somewhat produce. Even in his worst game last week, we scored 17 points. Now we can the weapons to him. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

They didn't just sign them, they draft them in the third round. Did you think Fort Hayes State was FBS?  They draft RBs from there too!  See the 6th round. 

I don't think this is true.  I think we can run on some teams on not on others.  When we can't run, Sam is having such a hard time.  When we can, it is like the Colts game.  I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone that the run game and Darnold struggled against the Jags or Vikings. 

I thought it was Shepard but I thought it was D1AA or something ridiculous like that. 

YOu are right about the running game. 

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

My point is that our offense is actually not horrible at this point. So complaining about skill players in the past is without purpose. We have a QB that can actually somewhat produce. Even in his worst game last week, we scored 17 points. Now we can the weapons to him. 

We've scored 12 points, twice and 17 twice; that's more than half of our games and that is in fact, horrible.   And in the games we scored more it was because we turned the opposing offense over 4+ times and started on their side of the field.  Not because the Jets are some offensive power driving up and down the field at will. 

2 games ago, we had to kick 7 FG's to win because we couldn't score TD's vs. the terrible Colts with assisted field position on about 5 of those possessions.  The team is 3-4 and in the 4 losses, the offense was abysmal. We're staring a 3 game losing streak directly in the face because we just IR'd our best RB and we're are currently looking to the streets for WR's. terrible ones at that.

But yeah, complaining about not having skills players is without purpose.

My gawd man.  What world do you live in? 

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I thought it was Shepard but I thought it was D1AA or something ridiculous like that. 

YOu are right about the running game. 

But complaining about skills positions is without purpose.

My gawd man, from one post to another.  I'm really too nice.  Dont know why I bother sometimes. 

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Just saw a post on FB that Bowles said in his presser today that Powell’s injury may be career-threatening. Anyone else hear that? Really sad if true. 

Neck injuries, yeah. Enunwa was lucky he came back fine. Some of us were wondering if he would even ever be the same.

17 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Just saw a post on FB that Bowles said in his presser today that Powell’s injury may be career-threatening. Anyone else hear that? Really sad if true. 

That's heartbreaking if true.   Powell is one of the most underappreciated players in my lifetime. 

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s Maccagnan.  That’s how he values the RB position.  6th round picks and cheap cast off veterans that don’t cost more than $4 million per year.  

Honestly not sure that’s a bad philosophy due to the injury rate of the position. Jets got 6+ games out of Powell. Crowell is nicked up. Fornette has barely played. Same goes for Cook of MN and Sony Michel. 

Archived