DOLPHINS vs TEXANS

14 in Green

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I had Deandre at 1 and Keenan Allen at 2 that year on my board of WRs... I guess NFL team evaluators preferred Tavon Austin.. (as did 75% of Jets fans that year... smh)

I haven't been a member of this site for 2 months yet, so I'm curious about all the posts I see here similar to this one. Do you guys actually post "your boards" here before and/or during the draft, or are you just Monday morning GMs? If its shown prior to the draft I'm impressed with the knowledge here.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm not even on this site for 2 months yet, so I'm curious about all the posts I see here similar to this one. Do you guys actually post "your boards" here before and/or during the draft, or is this just Monday morning GMing. If its shown prior to the draft I'm impressed with the knowledge here.

The boards are from "memory". Just trust them. 

1 hour ago, peebag said:

People tend to forget that at the time of the draft, there was some bad ju-ju associated with Marino.

The Jets weren't the only ones to pass on him.

The Jets were never, NEVER going to draft Marino. His knee problem was a red flag to them (and others). The Jets team Dr was very conservative based on the Namath knee situation.

33 minutes ago, CTM said:

Opened thread to see Jif peacocking around about his player evaluation talents skillz being validated in small sample size bliss 

Was not disappointed 

Nope.  That didnt happen.  I just was jokingly giving a shout out to Scott who a few weeks ago argued with me that Watson was "lost and ordinary".  He took is serious, I was just being silly but hard to be lost and ordinary when you have more TD's than incompletions. Which is all about what he's doing in the pros and nothing to do with my draft evaluation of him. 

So yeah, this had nothing to do with the fact I have  2 decades worth of data to validate my elile talent evaluation skillz.  

But look at you and your little crusaded to follow me around and spin and painting false pictures of me in effort to throw cold water on my skillz.  It's adorable but should I be worried about you?  Everything good?  

11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

He detailed his all time wins. Of course, no failures.

Oh, now I see, you guys took the "JiF's biggest draft stings" serious too, as if I was using to brag or something.  Adorable.  I'm sure I'm the only fan who wanted Ed Reed and Warren Sapp.  Definitely alone there. 

My misses are just as documented just as my wins.  There just arent many.  Sorry!  Coples being my biggest blunder.  But you will ignore when I admit my mistakes to join the CTM coalition.  It's truly flattering but it does make me feel bad for you guys.

Keep your chin up.  Dont let me get to you so much.  I'm just kicking it with my Jets homies talking Football.  Didnt realize this was such a serious business to you guys.

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Nope.  That didnt happen.  I just was jokingly giving a shout out to Scott who a few weeks ago argued with me that Watson was "lost and ordinary".  He took is serious, I was just being silly but hard to be lost and ordinary when you have more TD's than incompletions. Which is all about what he's doing in the pros and nothing to do with my draft evaluation of him. 

So yeah, this had nothing to do with the fact I have  2 decades worth of data to validate my elile talent evaluation skillz.  

But look at you and your little crusaded to follow me around and spin and painting false pictures of me in effort to throw cold water on my skillz.  It's adorable but should I be worried about you?  Everything good?  

I'm not throwing cold water, in fact I get a kick out if it. I saw the tread, saw the game Watso  had and figured you were strutting around in the thread. Was happy to see the world still makes sense.

43 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm not throwing cold water, in fact I get a kick out if it. I saw the tread, saw the game Watso  had and figured you were strutting around in the thread. Was happy to see the world still makes sense.

adorable!

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I haven't been a member of this site for 2 months yet, so I'm curious about all the posts I see here similar to this one. Do you guys actually post "your boards" here before and/or during the draft, or are you just Monday morning GMs? If its shown prior to the draft I'm impressed with the knowledge here.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Why am I not surprised? 

Hey thanks for vote of confidence and lowered expectations... 

Yes, it was a board posted, pre draft. There's this place called the draft forum... where a crowd of people who watch college ball and enjoy the draft process, take part in futile excercises like; grading players. discussing value... and, yes, even posting our personal draft boards. It's not a locked door, feel free to stroll in and take a look. I can't tell if it's unique to this site or not, but it's been around since JetsInsider and the same crowd's been at it for over a decade.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

The boards are from "memory". Just trust them. 

Typical post from you these days. I hope you bring more to the table in real life, than you do here pal. Seriously. 

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So now its "small sample size" for Watson?  The old "You can't judge a guy for at least 3 years" nonsense?

Dude's a stud.  

Huh? I've not commented on this other than the general observation that the board is very reactive to recent events 

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'll have to dig through my old draft spreadsheets and mock drafts.  There are lots of mocks and discussions and the offical jetsnation draft each year in the draft forum.

Archived