Is Darnold the Starter In 2019?

Jets86

Darnold will be 22 to start the season. He absolutely deserves to be the srarter. No questions asked. That said, I never know what this franchise will do. Is Darnold assured of the starting job for 2019? What if Bowles and/or Mac want to bring in "competition"?

• Thumb Down 76
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jets86 said:

Darnold will be 22 to start the season. He absolutely deserves to be the srarter. No questions asked. That said, I never know what this franchise will do. Is Darnold assured of the starting job for 2019? What if Bowles and/or Mac want to bring in "competition"?

Are you ******* serious right now? Somebody please delete this idiots account

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jets86 said:

I worry the franchise could lose it's mind and try and make him compete for the starting gig. I never know what they'll do.

With all due respect, because I think you are a good poster, that is not happening no matter HOW crazy the Jets are. 

For as crazy as they are..they are even crazier about Sam Darnold.

58 minutes ago, Jets86 said:

Mehta is reporting we're having talks with Buffalo regarding Peterman. Jets think he has a big upside. Rumor is its going to take Sam and at least 3 second round picks though. Jets are trying to get them to take two 2nds and two 3rds. They want to take a safety with that 3rd second round pick.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jets86 said:

I think it's safe to say he will be the starter in 2019, yes, barring unforeseen injury.

Same for 2020.  And probably 2021.

The Franchise made a very expensive, long-term investment.  Outside complete bust, it's a sure thing he's our starter for the next few years.

As he should be.  This is a #3 overall pick, top-QB_prospect-in-class, playing well so far (up and down as rookies do), with little talent around him.  

This isn't Geno Smith or Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg.

What drives the thought that the organization will want to "bring in competition" to try an unseat their high-value #3 pick 22-year old QB?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think it's safe to say he will be the starter in 2019, yes, barring unforeseen injury.

Same for 2020.  And probably 2021.

The Franchise made a very expensive, long-term investment.  Outside complete bust, it's a sure thing he's our starter for the next few years.

As he should be.  This is a #3 overall pick, top-QB_prospect-in-class, playing well so far (up and down as rookies do), with little talent around him.  

This isn't Geno Smith or Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg.

What drives the thought that the organization will want to "bring in competition" to try an unseat their high-value #3 pick 22-year old QB?

You have more patience than I did to actually explain that..

• Upvote 1