College Football Thread. 10/27

sec101row23

Georgia/Florida, Iowa/Penn State, Texas/Ok. State.   Not a ton of great games.  

Clemson giving 18 points to Florida State is way too points IMO.  Lawrence’s first road game as a starter and FSU still has too many good athletes for CU to be favored by that much.  I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Clemson loses this game.  Early start, and a good FSU pass rush scares me.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Georgia/Florida, Iowa/Penn State, Texas/Ok. State.   Not a ton of great games.  

Clemson giving 18 points to Florida State is way too points IMO.  Lawrence’s first road game as a starter and FSU still has too many good athletes for CU to be favored by that much.  I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Clemson loses this game.  Early start, and a good FSU pass rush scares me.  

I highly doubt it, but you know your boys better than me. As far as the FSU pass rush, any targets for the Jets? But we all know our GM doesn't think it's important to get to the QB.?

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I highly doubt it, but you know your boys better than me. As far as the FSU pass rush, any targets for the Jets? But we all know our GM doesn't think it's important to get to the QB.?

Brian Burns is their best edge rusher.  6’5” 235, maybe a little light but looks like a decent 3-4 OLB prospect. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

well, I'm pretty jacked for florida/georgia. 

After that, yes. Light day.

I'll be paying attention to Jachai Polite. Interesting prospect. Very explosive edge rusher. Odd body type for the position. But he's been productive

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

well, I'm pretty jacked for florida/georgia. 

After that, yes. Light day.

Heading into Chicago to find the UGA alumni bar for this one.  Then meeting up with some friends who are in town for the game tomorrow.  Looking forward to this weekend for a while.

And last night, took the wife to see Elton John at the United Center.  He opened up with Bennie and the Jets,  Gotta be a good omen for tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Lith said:

Heading into Chicago to find the UGA alumni bar for this one.  Then meeting up with some friends who are in town for the game tomorrow.  Looking forward to this weekend for a while.

And last night, took the wife to see Elton John at the United Center.  He opened up with Bennie and the Jets,  Gotta be a good omen for tomorrow.

How did Elton sound?  We have tickets for the November 8th show at the Garden.  

59 minutes ago, Paradis said:

yep - some muscle up front for sure. 

I'm interested in Polite as a potential edge rusher. Seems explosive.

I actually think this early slate at 12pm is better than you'd think. Not a ton of ranked games but Texas Tech/Iowa State, Wisconsin/NW, and Mich St/Purdue are actually solid matchup with conference implications.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

i have seen Elton John in Vegas  , then man put out such a great show 

How did Florida State become such a dumpster fire? From 2012-2016 they were a perennial top ten team, with a national championship, a playoff appearance, three ACC titles, and five consecutive "major" bowl game appearances.

They were preseason #3 last year, sucked and barely made a bowl and now they're getting drubbed by Clemson 28-0 in what used to be one of the biggest games of the year annually. How does a program with that level of pedigree and talent fall apart SO quickly?

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

14-0 Clemson, Clemson has the Ball....that drive to go up 21-0 is why football is over.

FSU hasn’t done anything offensively.  Surprised they didn’t show up at all, especially at home. They’ve fallen off a cliff,  kinda embarrassing for that program.  

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

How did Florida State become such a dumpster fire? From 2012-2016 they were a perennial top ten team, with a national championship, a playoff appearance, three ACC titles, and five consecutive "major" bowl game appearances.

They were preseason #3 last year, sucked and barely made a bowl and now they're getting drubbed by Clemson 28-0 in what used to be one of the biggest games of the year annually. How does a program with that level of pedigree and talent fall apart SO quickly?

Willy Taggart

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Pretty solid weekend.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Sounds like a great weekend. I'm afraid the Gators are about to put a damper on it though 

IMG_2977.JPG

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Have a great time and be safe.

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This joseph kid... where does he play in the NFL? he's all instinct and fight - but where does his play/size lend him?

Don’t know his size but he looks light. I’d say in a similar role as Darron Lee but he looks way faster to the ball. Probably the type of player Lee was suppose to be.

Archived