OFFICIAL JETS VS BEARS GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

Our “streak” has ended. Maybe we can start another one. We are getting killed by injuries but anything can happen. After the dud last week, I’m looking for Sam to surprise us somehow, even with the odds stacked against him. Let’s pound the rock and stomp da’ bears!!!

J

E

T

S

JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

D79E3476-DB15-44CC-8E5E-4598B7989234.jpeg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are the bears really that good?  they lost to Miami and their 3 wins are home v Seattle, Cardinals and Bucs.  not the best teams in the league

i know there are a lot of injuries and that could likely be the difference but strange things happen in the nfl

are we likely to lose yes but hey the more losses the better chance Bowles is gone and possible Mac.  in the long run we will be better off

I have a lot of faith in Todd Bowles to have this team ready, put in a great game plan & take advantage of the Bears injuries (Mack & Robinson). 

Oh, who am I kidding? 

PS- I'd be shocked if Mack plays, bad ankle, AFC team, has no bearing on their NFC record or division. I'd want Mack healthy for Division & NFC games. We'll see.

7 minutes ago, jbt said:

are the bears really that good?  they lost to Miami and their 3 wins are home v Seattle, Cardinals and Bucs.  not the best teams in the league

i know there are a lot of injuries and that could likely be the difference but strange things happen in the nfl

are we likely to lose yes but hey the more losses the better chance Bowles is gone and possible Mac.  in the long run we will be better off

Their weak links are the O-line and secondary. Problem is, we don't have the personal now to exploit it

7 minutes ago, jbt said:

I have little to no confidence in Todd Bowles, but I have to be honest. I think this is the big unexpected win for this season. The Jets are decimated! The Bears will have a hard time NOT overlooking a team who lost 3 DB's, 3 WR's, starting RB and a Center. Add to it that we were not a top half team to begin with. Rookie QB, two practice squad skill players, Rishard Matthews off the street.

It's too easy to think "We got dis" 

Darnold shines in 31-17 debacle where the Jets, and fans, believe they are on a course with destiny.  This will also be the last game we win in a long time.  Enjoy it jbt !!! 

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I have little to no confidence in Todd Bowles, but I have to be honest. I think this is the big unexpected win for this season. The Jets are decimated! The Bears will have a hard time NOT overlooking a team who lost 3 DB's, 3 WR's, starting RB and a Center. Add to it that we were not a top half team to begin with. Rookie QB, two practice squad skill players, Rishard Matthews off the street.

It's too easy to think "We got dis" 

Darnold shines in 31-17 debacle where the Jets, and fans, believe they are on a course with destiny.  This will also be the last game we win in a long time.  Enjoy it jbt !!! 

Well, we really have been great on the road under Todd Bowles....wait wut? 

I think we'll continue on that 7 to 8 win projection and probably lose today even though it's not one of the Jets tougher opponents. The reason is injuries on the offense esp. It looks like maybe the problems with Spencer Long at center are due to a finger injury and it's hurting his ability on snaps. If he continues as center it will have to be adjusted maybe fewer longer snaps. They can't survive with those kind of potential turnovers and if not a fumble it screws up plays. We could and probably will lose next week too in Miami. Never easy with the heat to win there. And beat Buff in two weeks. I don't blame Macc for lack of depth because how much can you have when you have to fill other positions. I thought our receiver corps was adequate going into the season and same with running backs but significant injuries. The Jets counted on McGuire to be a contributor and he's been out all year coming back soon though. Today Bears by 6. Chicago 23 Jets 17.

Just now, JiF said:

Don’t take this loss to heart, O Captain My Captain, you’re doing a great job but you can’t work miracles. 

Very true sweet one.  Captain Creepy Lurker in my opinion may have already earned an extension. Brings nothing but his “ A “ game well in week out. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Very true sweet one.  Captain Creepy Lurker in my opinion may have already earned an extension. Brings nothing but his “ A “ game well in week out. 

Best captain ever.  No surprising though, there was not involvement from Tom Shane this year 

Archived